PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady effusively praises B B “best coach in the history of the nfl” “best coach for me”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Evidently people are too busy trying to turn comments into something they aren’t and missed the direct comments.

"He's very respectful to me," Brady said ..."We've had a great relationship. A very respectful relationship for a long time and I feel like he's the best coach in the history of the NFL."

Brady admitted Belichick's "not the easiest coach to play for" ... but added, "he's the best for me."

"He's an incredible coach. He's been an incredible mentor for me. He's taught me so much football ... I wouldn't be sitting here without his coaching."

Guess it's a matter of perspective. They didn't seem missed on the other thread, there's just a just kneepad take on them on this one. The following was posted on the offending thread over an hour ago:

I read that earlier and was going to post exactly what you posted, but got tied up.
Thanks for doing it Andy.
These people need to be hit with reality- not the made-up tmz-like drama boolsheet we've been hearing and reading about- not to mention the worst posting in the history of Patsfans.com- which has been from after the SB to now.
Of course, Brady and BB have great respect for each other and a strong relationship.
Even some posters here who are usually level- headed have fallen for the "feud" bs.
Curran is full of sheet. I've lost pretty much all respect for him.
Reiss, Howe,Chatham. Louis Riddick on ESPN. ( Yeah I know, it's ESPN but if you're missing Riddick you're missing one of the best). I trust all those guys.
Stop being so gullible, people.
BB, TB, Gronk and Kraft are all fine.
Y'all are the ones acting like drama queens, not TB and Gronk.
They're all doing what they always do- prepare their best to be their best.
Forchrisesakes,people, enjoy it while it lasts. We know this great dynasty only has a few more years. So enjoy it.
Sheesh. The constant whining on this board has made it almost unreadable sometimes. Which is a shame, because Ian has made this a GREAT home for Pats fans all over the world.
REAL criticism is always warranted. But this gossip boolsheet is ridiculous.
Sorry for the rant.

Guess it's a matter of perspective. They didn't seem missed on the other thread, there's just a just kneepad take on them on this one. The following was posted on the offending thread over an hour ago:
And zero comments made about it.

I wonder how many times Gray rehearses with Brady before these scripted public relations events disguised as interviews.
Pretty sweet trick by TB12.....earning a twofer paycheck from both Softball Gray and the ex-con Milken.
Quite a group TB12 swings with......Tony Robbins and Bilken Milken.... two of the worlds best con artists

I read that earlier and was going to post exactly what you posted, but got tied up.
Thanks for doing it Andy.
These people need to be hit with reality- not the made-up tmz-like drama boolsheet we've been hearing and reading about- not to mention the worst posting in the history of Patsfans.com- which has been from after the SB to now.
Of course, Brady and BB have great respect for each other and a strong relationship.
Even some posters here who are usually level- headed have fallen for the "feud" bs.
Curran is full of sheet. I've lost pretty much all respect for him.
Reiss, Howe,Chatham. Louis Riddick on ESPN. ( Yeah I know, it's ESPN but if you're missing Riddick you're missing one of the best). I trust all those guys.
Stop being so gullible, people.
BB, TB, Gronk and Kraft are all fine.
Y'all are the ones acting like drama queens, not TB and Gronk.
They're all doing what they always do- prepare their best to be their best.
Forchrisesakes,people, enjoy it while it lasts. We know this great dynasty only has a few more years. So enjoy it.
Sheesh. The constant whining on this board has made it almost unreadable sometimes. Which is a shame, because Ian has made this a GREAT home for Pats fans all over the world.
REAL criticism is always warranted. But this gossip boolsheet is ridiculous.
Sorry for the rant.

Definitely an aside, but I get Jim Nance and Jim Gray confused a lot. Your post is a weird “worlds colliding”’ effect.

I need a beer.

Been saying for over a year that TEC joined the world of the hotsportztakerz immediately when he appears his new "edgy" personality for the CSN nightly show...

1) Brady should stop with the 'cute' answers. Hasn't worked in the past, doesn't work now.

2) All the fiction writers can GFT.

3) This isn't a thing, but EEI and 98.5, ESPN will drag this, and reference it as truth.

Someone in the media will twist this around to support their Civil War in New England conspiracy theories.

speaking of whom...caught a little of the mid day show on EEI...Ordway is still a fat, bloated little pufferfish but what the hell is wrong with Fauria? He's way off the rails to the point that I can't listen to another second of his bad impressions and bigoted non sequiturs...what happened to SPORTS radio?

You ARE making it up,Tom-or at least greatly over-dramatizing things cause it sells. Can't believe how far you've fallen from s very good football reporter/columnist to just another hack.

So because a guy writes negatively about a story where their was plenty of evidence of bad blood brewing...you call him a hack? Is he only allowed to write about rainbows and sunshine?

Not saying I agree with anything BSPN related, however I do think something went on this season between Brady and B.B. I think they will be fine moving forward

On Monday, at the urging of interviewer Jim Gray, the quarterback shared his thoughts on coach Bill Belichick’s decision not to play Butler against the Eagles after the cornerback had led all Patriots defenders in snaps played over the previous 18 games. “I wish he would have played, but the coach decided not to play him, and we still had a chance to win,” Brady said.

Read more at: Tom Brady Gives Take On Malcolm Butler Benching: ‘I Wish He Would Have Played’

I agree Tom. Very puzzling.

Evidently people are too busy trying to turn comments into something they aren’t and missed the direct comments.

"He's very respectful to me," Brady said ..."We've had a great relationship. A very respectful relationship for a long time and I feel like he's the best coach in the history of the NFL."

Brady admitted Belichick's "not the easiest coach to play for" ... but added, "he's the best for me."

"He's an incredible coach. He's been an incredible mentor for me. He's taught me so much football ... I wouldn't be sitting here without his coaching."
You know, after the C's game I switched to CNBCsports and caught Curran, Holley and Perry talking about some interview Brady gave to Gray, and the gist of it was that Curran and Perry were trying to continue the "Brady hates the Pats" narrative, and I had no patience for it after such a satisfying Celts win, so I just switched it after about 30 seconds.

When I finally got to the site tonight, I fully expected 8 pages of hand-wringing and end of days commentary. So imagine my surprise when I open this thread and see the quotes you pulled from the Gray interview. It was pretty much everything you would EXPECT Brady to say about his longtime partner in this incredible run of success.

I am now wondering what else was in this interview that would have gotten that kind of reaction from Perry and Curran.

Last edited:
Brady: “I wish he would have played, but the coach decided not to play him, and we still had a chance to win,”

I have no idea if this, and the rest, was scripted (I doubt it) as the scribes have pushed. But I don't really have issue with scripted comments if the words aren't weasel-political-half truth-dodgy words and are truth (albeit succinct). In Brady's instance the words are accurate. Yes he, and most of us, wish MB would have been put in at some point in the game. In fact it is the Coach's call, a wrong one, but nonetheless his decision like it or not. In fact we had the chance to win despite the D's appalling and shocking lack of effectiveness and, IMHO, we should have won that SB (4 previous possessions, 4 sustained TD drives, 5th was going to be a TD, Philly made one play that was very improbable, it stopped drive 5, on to 2018).

As far as the rest of Brady's comments: in fact it is hard to play for BB (pssst, it's no secret). He is the, probably, the best HC in the history of the NFL. And he probably is the best for Brady because Brady is a hard charging, laser focused, no BS, winning is pursued fanatically. No offense to Pete Carroll or Mike Tomlin or others but Brady's head probably would have exploded not having a HC who was as fanatical as him. The TB-BB marriage was that once in a lifetime coming together of just the right two halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes