PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady contract situation (Merged - UPDATED:Deal Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's already laughing at teams who want to sign him

What I think I know....

Brady Manor will be sold Feb 28, 2020 to an undisclosed Dallas business man for $49.5 million. ($39.5 mill for the property, $10 mill for furnishings including a TB12 foam yoga mat that retails for $149.99)
Brady and family spend 2 weeks vacation in the Virgin Islands on a recently built mega yacht owned by an undisclosed Dallas business man.
Rumors spread that Brady will sign a fully guaranteed 3 year contract valued in excess of $135 mill in a tax free state
My crystal ball gets a bit hazy after that but I did see BB wearing a ten gallon hat in one of my visions and Dak Prescott eating chowder

What I think I know....

Brady Manor will be sold Feb 28, 2020 to an undisclosed Dallas business man for $49.5 million. ($39.5 mill for the property, $10 mill for furnishings including a TB12 foam yoga mat that retails for $149.99)
Brady and family spend 2 weeks vacation in the Virgin Islands on a recently built mega yacht owned by an undisclosed Dallas business man.
Rumors spread that Brady will sign a fully guaranteed 3 year contract valued in excess of $135 mill in a tax free state
My crystal ball gets a bit hazy after that but I did see BB wearing a ten gallon hat in one of my visions and Dak Prescott eating chowder

Maybe, but he has to go to the Bills first - - he always wanted to hike the Bledsoe trail.........

The transition from the Brady era is going to be insufferable.

That's my point... Everything was done in Brady's favor except for the cap space. Unless it was done out of courtesy for Brady the deal makes no sense to the team. Why give away the option to franchise unless he's done after this year.

The deal did the following

1) gave Brady $8M over and above his 2019 contracted amount

2) freed up some cap space (it could be use to bring in a player, or more likely, extend a player

3) made Brady a free agent at the end of the season

4) prevents any new contract before the end of the season unless it is a lowball deal

5) prohibited the patriots from franchising or transitioning Brady
=====
BOTTOM LINE
2019 is settled. Brady is a free agent at the end of the season. While Brady is 90% likely to continue here or retire, any team can contact him at the end of the season.

This board will thin out so much Ian will go from hosting this on 10 instances on AWS w/ 5PB on S3 to a f-ing Tandy

Last edited:
I feel like I’m in a game day thread, only 4 weeks early.
Tom goes 0-5 on the first drive and some asshat on the GDT will bring up his contract.

Guaranteed.

Kind of late to the game here, is there a good reason why Brady's contract is being handled in a way that he's unhappy about? This feels like an unnecessary thing to have happened 20 years in. I honestly don't care about having one bad year of a Brady contract (if he falls apart) after two decades of the best ever. What am I missing?

Can't wait. It seems some folks haven't come to grips with the inevitable.

It's gonna happen. Embrace reality and change. Appreciate that he's been here 20 years and every new day is a gift. He and the Pats have already won - - - everything since the night of 28-3 and the epic Goodell booing at the end of his suspension season is just another layer of delicious icing on the cake.

Kind of late to the game here, is there a good reason why Brady's contract is being handled in a way that he's unhappy about? This feels like an unnecessary thing to have happened 20 years in. I honestly don't care about having one bad year of a Brady contract (if he falls apart) after two decades of the best ever. What am I missing?

"What am I missing?"

Answer: Who claims he's unhappy with the contract? That's the first thing to consider. The person(s) who is stating how Brady feels - - probably not someone he actually confides in. Someone 37 layers away from his inner circle makes a statement of fact and somehow people accept it.

On the other hand, we HAVE heard publicly straight from Gisele on several occasions that she wants him to retire and spend time with the her and the kids while he can.

One is from direct from the subject and the other is weak derivative.

"What am I missing?"

Answer: Who claims he's unhappy with the contract? That's the first thing to consider. The person(s) who is stating how Brady feels - - probably not someone he actually confides in. Someone 37 layers away from his inner circle makes a statement of fact and somehow people accept it.

On the other hand, we HAVE heard publicly straight from Gisele on several occasions that she wants him to retire and spend time with the her and the kids while he can.

One is from direct from the subject and the other is weak derivative.

I’m not sure I follow the Gisele part in this context

My understanding is that

1) the contract can NOT be renegotiated during the 2019 season, unless the new cap is low than the old 2019 cap. I don't think that this can happen.
According to Reiss the 2020 and 2021 cap hits are so high (almost $37 and $39mil respectively) precisely in order to give them headroom to renegotiate lower before the contract voids.

You're not sh######. This is already like having bamboo shoots driven under your fingernails...

It's not unanimous among media members that Brady is unhappy with this contract.

They can (and probably will) offer him the moon.

He won't take it. For a number of reasons well documented.

You saying the same unverifiable thing over and over doesn’t qualify as “well documented”

You are missing that Brady being unhappy about it isn’t real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back