PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Gronk to the Raiders

I wonder if the NFL still pressure the Raiders to fire Gruden if Brady was on that team

Anyone still think Brady was all in during the 2019 season?
I am still a huge fan. He played with fire in the belly at the most crucial of times. Even in the most devastating losses, he gave the team a shot.

During 2019 season, at 8-0, when he mentioned his unhappiness : that was strange. It seemed out of character. I do not believe Brady sabotaged the season (AB and a limited offensive group were tough to overcome), but reading about these things is concerning. W/o hashing it all out again, I’ve been a team/BB leaner, but Brady is still a major driving force of success. It’s too bad distractions during his last year leave a mark.

2 things...

White implied that this deal was negotiated after the 2019 season, when Brady was an unrestricted free agent.

Gronk wasn't a free agent in 2019, so the only way he could have gone as some sort of package deal was if White also negotiated a trade with Patriots.

Anyone still think Brady was all in during the 2019 season?
Yeah, I think Brady's way too competitive to piss away a season and would have loved to win a Super Bowl and then bounce and make Belichick look like he was holding the bag. People need to accept that we've seen both in 2019 and post 2019 that the offense was complete trash regardless of Brady and if anything he was held back due to the bad offense more than some supposed lack of effort held us back. It's a nice cope to think that the problem was the guy leaving and it's already rectified. But we've seen in the last two seasons the offense is very mediocre. Even last season, unless the other team made mistakes early and was held in check by the defense all game this team's offense had no ability to win competitive games. Brady was not the problem in 2019. We know what the issue is. We started hot and then Edelman got banged up, we ditched Thomas for AB who only lasted one game, Gordon had his problems, Harry was the bust he always was, and then Wynn getting hurt and we started one of the worst lineman in the league in Newhouse.

Also it's kinda funny that in the Ross/Dolphins the key argument the obsessed guy was making was that Brady not being on the team proves that him talking to Ross effected us, but it's kind of abundantly clear (as if it wasn't to anyone with pulse) that he just was never staying here after the season and was lining up multiple options. A lot of fans need to get over that the bridge was burned at the time the deal for Brady to go into free agency was made and that was effectively him negotiating his exit and the time to keep Brady was earlier when he was looking for a long term deal.

People need to just get over that the team had the option to keep Brady, passed on the option and gave him an exit opportunity and he took it and was setting up for his future. The team had the chance to be in the drivers seat on that. And quite frankly it was the right move for both parties. Brady probably isn't playing after this season and we would not be able to afford Brady and make any of the rebuild moves we have been trying.

The jilted lover stick is not a good look and makes us all look bad.

Yeah Dana White is definitely the most trustworthy of sources there is and not a high profile carnival barker. Dude is literally a professional hype man for a sport sightly more reputable than boxing.

Anyway we knew Brady was interested in the Raiders, or at least pretended that he was, considering he was hanging out with Mark Davis at some big event after the season. He was shopping around. We all knew this. I’m sure he talked to Vrabel and also the 49ers. The fact that he only
actually got official contract offers from the Chargers and Bucs says a lot about how far (or not) any of those talks went.

Seems like Tom has a thing for real estate...

MF'ers of the world, unite!

People have to realize that Brady had no loyalty to the Pats. He’s flirted with the Dolphins, Raiders, and most likely Bucs while he was under contract with NE. He’s a ring chaser, plain and simple.

Here’s the thing that maybe too many people don’t get. Unless it comes out that Brady was selling nuclear secrets to Iran or something then I and many others just do not give a damn about these recruitment “controversies”

Here’s the thing that maybe too many people don’t get. Unless it comes out that Brady was selling nuclear secrets to Iran or something then I and many others just do not give a damn about these recruitment “controversies”

Because you and the others are fans of Brady only. If you were really a fan of NE you would care

Last edited:
Evidence shows you are in the great minority.

Tampa fans don't "give a damn" that Brady was considering shooting his way out of town to go to Miami this off season?

Seems very unlikely to me.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back