PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Antonio Brown

The biggest thing for me is Tom's age defiance. It won't last forever (obviously), but you can't really blame BB for checking out when the guy was heading into his age 43 season. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Brady played most of 2019 with an elbow injury. Plus, just like Brady knew what the Pats had coming back and what Tampa had, BB knew this as well and figured it's probably best to spend 2020-2021 finding a new QB while he rebuilt the rest of the team. This doesn't have to be a zero sum ordeal. Both Brady and Belichick can come out winners from this.

How many 44 year olds put up MVP caliber seasons? Brady and BB can both be geniuses. How much easier is it for Brady to absorb hits when he's playing half of his games in Florida? Or to rehab injuries? Brady saw an opportunity and seized it. Belichick winning 10 games after all the success of the past is still a really good feat. They are both football gods.
I was listening on the radio this morning and they were talking about Rodgers, Wilson and Mahomes playing to 44 just like Brady. What a joke that is. I doubt that any of them make it to 40 and they sure as hell won't be at Brady's level.

Bradys exit was 1 year before this season where he is not winning the Super Bowl. Just watch.

Yes, BB got rid of Brady because it was time to move on. I realize that it hurts bad, but the pain will subside. Brady was not the future for the Patriots just like Montana wasnt for SF and Farve wasnt for GB. Brady is one of the few to win a championship with a different team. With all the new Tampa weapons at Bradys disposal and Lady Luck, Brady got it done. Only a fool would believe that Brady would have won the Super Bowl last season with the Pats offensive roster.

Years ago, Peyton Manning was racking up statistics in the AFC while Brady was going to Super Bowls. Back in those days stats were for losers because the wins no matter how ugly trumped personal achievements. Times have changed.
Time to move on? If it was time to move on then why didn't Bill the genius have any replacement at QB? That tells me that Bill's arrogance led to his belief that Brady would just accept his lowball offer. I would have much preferred to move on from Belichick than Brady.

Time to move on? If it was time to move on then why didn't Bill the genius have any replacement at QB? That tells me that Bill's arrogance led to his belief that Brady would just accept his lowball offer. I would have much preferred to move on from Belichick than Brady.
The plan was the heir to the throne Stidham and the Pats had cap trouble in 2020. Stidham never took the next step. When 2020 camp rolled around it was clear that Stidham wasnt ready.

Brady is likely playing in 2022, but he is not winning another Super Bowl. You saw that first from Triumph.

The plan was the heir to the throne Stidham and the Pats had cap trouble in 2020. Stidham never took the next step. When 2020 camp rolled around it was clear that Stidham wasnt ready.

Brady is likely playing in 2022, but he is not winning another Super Bowl. You saw that first from Triumph.
No, we heard it from Rob Parker 5 Superbowls ago.

I don't think he's playing. The guy needs to be all in to compete and right now he has too many things going on. I thought there was a shot before his "movie" plans came out.

So Bill gambled that Stidham would be ready? I seriously doubt that Bill had that plan in mind. He messed up because of his inflated ego. He figured that Brady would accept the lowball offer or he was chasing brady away. It's an either/or.

I didn't care as much about Brady getting his 7th. I was more hopeful that he'd get it here, where he belonged. Now he has more than the Pats.

So Bill gambled that Stidham would be ready? I seriously doubt that Bill had that plan in mind. He messed up because of his inflated ego. He figured that Brady would accept the lowball offer or he was chasing brady away. It's an either/or.

I didn't care as much about Brady getting his 7th. I was more hopeful that he'd get it here, where he belonged. Now he has more than the Pats.

Agreed. I think BB never stopped of thinking of Brady as that plucky wide eyed 7th rounder.

He failed to treat Brady with any respect. The news I heard there was a phone call in the offseason and it went badly. Did BB lowball Brady as per usual, is the sky blue? If BB had just offered to commit long term even a 2 year deal and assure Tom that he'd get help, he'd still be here in New England. But that didn't happen. Brady leaving New England should be laid at the feet of the GM responsible, BB.

If the succession plan was Jimmy G, that ship sailed. If the plan was Stidham, that plan was a FAIL. BB just got super lucky that Mac Jones slipped to #15. I'm satisfied that Mac Jones can give us a chance to win. But he's gonna need a lot of help. He doesn't show the transcendence of a Brady yet, but he shows some similar positive qualities. He's obsessed with winning and preparation and throws with anticipation. Now he needs to level up his game if he's going to compete for hardware in the future. At New England the standards are higher. It's going to be hard for him because those standards were set by the GOAT. But let's see how Mac develops.

Oh as for AB. He's a terrible human being. TB12 tried his best to help the man, but you can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. AB has serious life issues to take care of before even looking at football again.

Screenshot_20220327-154528_Instagram.jpg

Lol the irony

I was listening on the radio this morning and they were talking about Rodgers, Wilson and Mahomes playing to 44 just like Brady. What a joke that is. I doubt that any of them make it to 40 and they sure as hell won't be at Brady's level.
Why, can't they eat avocado ice cream too?

No question about it... Antonio Brown is a massive POS. Tom can't get enough of him on the football field though.
Isn't that a problem with fandom? I don't like having to root for players that I know are dipsticks but I have no choice if they're on my team.

LOL. AB compares himself to Jesus?

1660250886665.png

I've very happy AB has found his post football career writing for The Onion.

This is awesome.

Antonio Brown is mentally ill. How he survived in the NFL as long as he did is something else.

Antonio... dude... this is a very bad look... especially if Brady's mom dies, which is rumored to be the reason he's not at camp.

• Ugh
Reactions: sb1
This guy. Yikes

Also had this gem but it was removed by Twitter:
Alex Guerra You think i won't have u smacked at TB12 boy stop playing with me ! Boy getting paid by bucks n taking players money too

— AB (@AB84) August 17, 2022

This guy. Yikes

Also had this gem but it was removed by Twitter:
Alex Guerra You think i won't have u smacked at TB12 boy stop playing with me ! Boy getting paid by bucks n taking players money too

— AB (@AB84) August 17, 2022
Tom's worst mistake was being friends with this guy lol

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots