PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 5 more years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to root for Cassell after he left. Hoyer, too. I plan to root for JAG this season. None are a threat to my Pats.
If Brady goes elsewhere, I'd watch & root for him too. Unlikely because Giselle would file for divorce.

I don't think Brady lasts 5 more seasons, but then again he's still going....2-3 years ago I was saying 4 years max...

I am in to the bitter end...and the end will be bitter for sure. Brady isn't quitting after winning a Superbowl like Manning. I think it'll be ugly like Tom Sr. has said many times.... Brady is too driven to call it quits and ride off into the sunset....
I think the chances are better he plays 5 years than 5 years here.

I still think if he wins the Super Bowl this year, Giselle will convince him to retire.

If not, he plays until his contract runs up which I think has two years left. It would be interesting to see how it plays out after that.

Here’s a question for you guys. If Brady were to end up playing elsewhere, would you be a fan of that team? Could be a real possibility if he wants to play 5 more years.

If he goes to another team, I’ll watch him play till he’s done without quite being a fan of the team. I do the same with jimmy.

2 more including this season.

I used to root for Cassell after he left. Hoyer, too. I plan to root for JAG this season. None are a threat to my Pats.
If Brady goes elsewhere, I'd watch & root for him too. Unlikely because Giselle would file for divorce.
I didn’t know you were a millennial.

Five more years would be great. JG would likely retire by then too. We have it good guys. Lots of teams haven’t won in decades and we didn’t either before we got this group together. Actually we were quite bad. Two decades of excellence, there will be a slump when he retires, but how can we really complain about anything. Enjoy this ride as long as you can. If anyone deserves your respect it’s Brady.

I still think if he wins the Super Bowl this year, Giselle will convince him to retire.

If not, he plays until his contract runs up which I think has two years left. It would be interesting to see how it plays out after that.

Here’s a question for you guys. If Brady were to end up playing elsewhere, would you be a fan of that team? Could be a real possibility if he wants to play 5 more years.

Absolutely, yeah. Brady has been around for over half my life, and he more than anyone else has made being a fan of Boston sports an incredible experience. I'll root for Brady no matter where he ends up.

I root for pretty much every former Pat unless they give me a strong reason not to anyway, but even beyond that Brady is a special case.

Five more years would be great. JG would likely retire by then too. We have it good guys. Lots of teams haven’t won in decades and we didn’t either before we got this group together. Actually we were quite bad. Two decades of excellence, there will be a slump when he retires, but how can we really complain about anything. Enjoy this ride as long as you can. If anyone deserves your respect it’s Brady.

Unlikely that Garoppolo will be retired at 31.

Rodgers is mid 30s and showing no signs of slipping.

Brees is right thete with Brady still throwing 4000 plus a year.

We sont need to psyche our selves into believing anymore. With the rules that are meant to keep the QB safe that it's the way of the future that a qb shoukd get 20 something years of football.

Assuming they dont tske the big one AND they put in the work in the offseason to stay in shape. Brady is gonna retire when he wants to, not when he has to.

As long as he doesn't suffer a manning injury where everything falls apart.

Rodgers is 34. That's hardly old man territory. There was also some talk out of NO that Brees slipped some last yet. Had great numbers, but his yardage and TDs were way down. Interesting to see what he does this year. He's a smaller guy, so it's possible the pounding of the NFL will take more out of him.

In any event, I don't see TB playing to 45 and I expect I'd be pretty sad to see it if it comes to pass. I don't really want to see him out there like the ghost of late stage Johnny Unitas.

By 36, an age where most QBs are done, Brady had already given me a lifetime of good Patriots memories.

Then he goes and has the best 4yr run in his career in his age 37-40 seasons. That's insane.

So, yeah, I'd root for him if he finished off his career elsewhere. It has been a privilege to enjoy his work all these years.

Regards,
Chris

I finally bought a ticket to go to a game thinking that almost any game from here on out could be the last chance to see him play live.

But, hoping the five years thing happens.

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
I actually think/hope that this run is going to last longer than most people think. Belichick really seems to be living his best life right now, and despite famously saying he doesn't want to be like Marv Levy, coaching at 70, he apparently has been reading on how to live like you're 50 until you're 80+.

(Of course, there is the perspective that these guys are deliberately saying things to displace the attention that would accompany a curtain-call countdown.)

Brady has been proving doubters wrong his whole life so if he says 45 is the number then I'm definitely not betting against him.

His career ends with the 2020 CBA lock out. Book it. It will be a long drawn out bloodbath.

His career ends with the 2020 CBA lock out. Book it. It will be a long drawn out bloodbath.
Oh, I don't think a couple weeks of the preseason should be considered a blood bath....

Guerrero is going to be busy making enough rhino afterbirth poultices to ensure that the rosemary smudges will ward away injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST