PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic Series

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'm on a roll ... don't want to upset the Karma ... so I lead off.

Go Celtics ... :D:D:D

This one is too close to call. The Celtics have gotten hot at the right time and Orlando just steamrolled two teams and are well rested. I think this series will go to 7, but I'm not going to try to call a winner.

I'm going out on the limb ... the homer limb

Celtics in 5 as Garnett brings his game up 1 more notch.

they are leading after the 1st but feels like they arent somehow. 4 of 20 for the magic shooting...they shouldve been up more a lot.

This sudden rejuvenation has been great to watch.

its all about health for the green. it appears that they are very much like that team from 08. time will tell.

Last edited:
After letting them back in it, some great clutch shooting at the line for Piece and Allen.

Like I said before, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are luxuries for this team. The Celts can win without them, but when they're on, the Celtics are INCREDIBLY hard to beat. What an exciting Game 1.

I would have bet Vegas big time that the Celts would have taken game 1 (coulda, woulda, shoulda). Orlando hadn't played since the last Bush administration. They hadn't been tested in either of their series. Pierce was relatively rested because of his foul trouble in Cleveland. Then you had everyone, particularly the Orlando press giving them a free pass to the finals.
Orlando will of course win game two.........tho, those Celtics were not really clicking today either.

That was some nice news to wake up to this morning. 92-88 flashed up on the idiot box and I swear I instantly had morning wood.

Now to beat the Magic and rekindle our championship battles with the Lakers. Yes God.. make it happen :D

The Celtics are playing phenominal basketball at the right time of the year....The only thing that worries me is they still go through long periods of time without scoring......Yesterday it was 5 1/2 min in the 4th Quarter that almost let Orlando come back.....They get a lead and go into a lull thinking they can play 1 on 1 or just keep knocking down jump shots.....If you aren't scoring take it to the rack, get fouled and go to the line......We can't keep going through these huge stretches in the big parts of the game without scoring......Orlando has 1 inside player and 4 outside players......We should be able to post up anyone and have them take it to the hole......Let's keep focused guys and we can win another championship.....I like that Doc said this exact thing in his post game conference that we played too much 1 on 1 in the 4th......Hopefully it will sink in.....

Just finished watching the replay. Geez the Celtics are good when they want to be. Defensively the side can stop anyone if they want too. The thing that will kill the Celtics is their own laziness when they build a lead.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Bill Kennedy reffing tonite . Not going to be easy. Will see a lot more fouls called today on our big men.

Bill Kennedy reffing tonite . Not going to be easy. Will see a lot more fouls called today on our big men.

Well looks like Sheldon gets to play a bit tonight

Perk has to be one of the most under rated defensive centers in the game. Anyone else able to handle Howard the way he does? Rondo, well his play speaks for itself. As long as one of Ray/KG/Pierce get hot, they can play with anyone in the league. In any case I like our chances, C's in 5.

Last edited:
Very physical and entertaining game so far.

Yep, this is a very intense game. Pierce is looking great too. We should win this one if we can make smart decisions and also play good defense.

Gortat and Howard are playing very well for the Magic. Come on Celts.

Ten point lead at the moment for the Celtics... Gotta stay strong.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back