PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bold Prediction: Super Bowl Rematch

Including Carr because qb is a huge part of being a better team. You can’t do “outside of qb” and get a meaningful answer.
If we're comparing Carr to a QB like Osweiler, sure. But Rivers is not chopped liver, and isn't a huge step down from Carr.

If we're comparing Carr to a QB like Osweiler, sure. But Rivers is not chopped liver, and isn't a huge step down from Carr.
I think he is.

No but players that can sleep in their own beds is a nice luxury to have.
Yes, this is most certainly true. Good point. I was thinking mainly of the crowd atmosphere and how the "electricity" in the air sometimes elevates the home team to play at a higher level. But that is a solid observation about sleeping in your own bed.

Yes, this is most certainly true. Good point. I was thinking mainly of the crowd atmosphere and how the "electricity" in the air sometimes elevates the home team to play at a higher level. But that is a solid observation about sleeping in your own bed.
I'm not sure the W/L stats support it as a competitive advantage but it certainly is a bennie

The Falcons are a mentally defeated team. There is no way they turn it around and make it to the Super Bowl. They literally rolled over against the Patriots without even putting up any effort.

Rivers is in decline, but he's still a better QB than Carr. That'll probably flip next year.

The Falcons are a mentally defeated team. There is no way they turn it around and make it to the Super Bowl. They literally rolled over against the Patriots without even putting up any effort.
So did the Cardinals in ‘08 and they came within an eyelash of winning the SB.

I have absolutely no idea who will come out of the NFC, all I know is that the Super Bowl will be really close, because every Super Bowl the Patriots play in is. And in all likelihood they will win it if they get there, that’s the advantage that comes with having the GOAT at coach and QB.

So did the Cardinals in ‘08 and they came within an eyelash of winning the SB.
If I remember correctly, many of the Cardinals starters were on the bench in that game because they already locked a playoff seat.

Sure looked sharp yesterday though.

Chargers still going 6-10? Idk about that
They played well.
But look at rivers 1st half. He threw for over 200 yards and had 3 points.
That’s who he is. Piles up some numbers but they are hollow and he doesn’t win.
He got some points on the board in the second half.
I said 6-10 or 7-9. Possible they could win 8 now but that’s best case.

I have absolutely no idea who will come out of the NFC, all I know is that the Super Bowl will be really close, because every Super Bowl the Patriots play in is. And in all likelihood they will win it if they get there, that’s the advantage that comes with having the GOAT at coach and QB.
Of the top 7 teams in the NFL, ( six that would be in if playoffs started today and #7), they are the 5 teams the Pats defeated in Super Bowls and Minn and NO. so if form holds true, it will be Minn or the Saints representing the NFC..... Sorry Philly, not your time yet...

At least 20 of that 25-point differential came on two bad mistakes: pick six and a fumble that ended an important drive.

Really don't want a rematch, though. I want Minnesota. I think that owuld be a great game.

It would but I'd rather not see them in a true road game and potentially a very hostile stadium with the title on the line. Minn has a great defense and that plays right into the hostile crowd. Not sure how much control the league would have to prevent packing the place for the home team and keeping the Patriots fans out.

They played well.
But look at rivers 1st half. He threw for over 200 yards and had 3 points.
That’s who he is. Piles up some numbers but they are hollow and he doesn’t win.
He got some points on the board in the second half.
I said 6-10 or 7-9. Possible they could win 8 now but that’s best case.
Think they'll beat Cleveland and the Jets. That's 7. I like them in a rematch vs. KC's leaky defense and declining offense. That's 8.

That leaves the Redskins and Raiders games. Can definitely see them winning one of those. Which leads me to 9-7.

They're 5-2 in the last 7, don't see why they can't go 4-1 in the last 5. We shall see.

It would but I'd rather not see them in a true road game and potentially a very hostile stadium with the title on the line. Minn has a great defense and that plays right into the hostile crowd. Not sure how much control the league would have to prevent packing the place for the home team and keeping the Patriots fans out.
Two points to consider, one Pats are a great road team and the home field is overblown for the Super Bowl. Most of the seats are not locals but business types or those willing to shell out big $$$$$. Being at SB 49 in Glendale, I'd guess that maybe 10% were supporters of either team and the rest people that wanted to attend a Super Bowl...
Just my $0.02....

I would like to see a eagles vs patriots super bowl

If I remember correctly, many of the Cardinals starters were on the bench in that game because they already locked a playoff seat.
No, they just came off that way. That team never got off the bus.

Of the top 7 teams in the NFL, ( six that would be in if playoffs started today and #7), they are the 5 teams the Pats defeated in Super Bowls and Minn and NO. so if form holds true, it will be Minn or the Saints representing the NFC..... Sorry Philly, not your time yet...
Yeah but I want to beat all the NFC birds.... so we need Arizona to get hot and win out.

And . . . . the Pats won't score in the first quarter.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back