PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kravitz writes about Deflategate [Four Games in Fall Documentary]

What bet is everyone talking about?

Part of me hopes Tom or Bill retires soon so we can quickly see either one’s book come out and shove this whole thing right up 345 Park Ave’s ass.

Part of me hopes Tom or Bill retires soon so we can quickly see either one’s book come out and shove this whole thing right up 345 Park Ave’s ass.
Would be glorious but which one would do it? Doubt Tom does and Bill probably doesn't even care.

A man who welches on bets has no integrity and can not be trusted, believed or considered honest.
This is true. Not as bad as a thief, but even worse than a liar.

A man who welches on bets has no integrity and can not be trusted, believed or considered honest.

More simply, a man who welshes on a bet is not a man at all.

Triumph bet venecol on who would win the election. Triumph is welching on the bet.

Triumph bet venecol on who would win the election. Triumph is welching on the bet.
The bet was with Lancerman. @Ian witnessed and commented on it at the time. Unfortunately the thread was closed then deleted

@Triumph bet @lancerman that Biden would lose. He kept on doubling down raising the stakes. I think the bet was a gaming system or something. Now he claims there was cheating so he won't pay up. He's a louse.

A gaming system? lol. Thanks guys

A gaming system? lol. Thanks guys

Actually it was for the cash value of one. The dollar amount was established at the time.

Just watched it - gets a little slow in the middle, but it's a complete take-down of Deflategate. The NFL tried to be impartial investigator and assert client-attorney privilege at the same time.

they made false claims to control the story and did little to correct those false claims - even prevented the Pats from revealing the lies (11 balls more than 2psi under, for example).

Of course, the lie will hold up over time because the first impression is what matters most, and most fans WANTED the Patriots to be guilty.

Verdict: there is no evidence that those balls were deflated and tons of scientific evidence that they followed the expected laws of nature.

Anyone ever see the pagano punt? Yeah, we lost because of air pressure. Nothing to do with me being an idiot!!! Please

Those damn democrats!

While Bill Clinton was President...

One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

Then George Bush took over as President...

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
Thanks so much for this. Dems are complicit, hypocritical and pitiful.

OK that's it for me in this thread
Ignore Thread ON

I just watched the documentary. It’s well done, but there’s no new information. Nothing in it that hasn’t been discussed here endlessly.

Still, I’m glad it was made. Maybe it will get through to a few people. Just today, the NY Post has an article declaring Brady guilty of deflating the balls.

“Brady’s pretty-boy image took a hit during the Deflategate scandal following the Patriots’ 2015 AFC Championship rout of the Colts, but he did the time — a four-game league suspension — for the crime.” Think about what Tom Brady is about to do

I’m in favor of anything that sets the record straight.

Last edited:
Ask the league why they haven’t released their PSI measurements from their testing. I think we already know the answer.

The taping was a different story. That was Bill’s biggest blunder as a coach by a mile. Thought he could do that and lawyer his way out of it and as we know it didn’t work. That was not his job description and he has admitted it shouldn’t have happened and it won’t ever again.
Doesn't change the facts that the Patriots alone were targeted; Mangini did what he did but he didn't know Fraudell would launch nukes over it. Other teams did it including the Jets the prior season with total impunity. It was part of an ongoing consternation Belichick had with the increasing stupidity of league rules enforcement. I don't blame him. I'd have been equally fed up. Yeah you can say it was self destructive but fine if the league wants to string me up over jaywalking fine I'll do the time. Maybe I'll regret it later but I'm sick of putting up with their bullsh*t. I'll go down but at least not as a sheep.

The balls losing air because of the gas law angle has never happened again.
To be clear:

The balls do not lose air*, they increase or decrease in air pressure according to the temperature. When it is hot, the heat excites the molecules in the ball; those molecules move around and bounce off each other more, creating greater air pressure within the container. When it gets cold, the molecules move slower and slower. This makes for less excitement and bouncing off each other, thereby lowering the air pressure within the container.

If the balls are 12.5 PSI at room temperature before tomorrow's game, they could easily be ~10.0 PSI at halftime (assuming the air pressure was measured by someone with integrity using a working and calibrated gauge - unfortunately, the NFL has neither of those things available).

*I am sure over the course of a game, some miniscule amount of the air in a football squeaks out due to collisions, external forces and the imperfect nature of the manufacturing process of a rubber bladder encased in pigskin by hand. But it is not this loss of air which contributed to the decrease in air pressure.

Last edited:
I just watched the documentary. It’s well done, but there’s no new information. Nothing in it that hasn’t been discussed here endlessly.

Still, I’m glad it was made. Maybe it will get through to a few people. Just today, the NY Post has an article declaring Brady guilty of deflating the balls.

“Brady’s pretty-boy image took a hit during the Deflategate scandal following the Patriots’ 2015 AFC Championship rout of the Colts, but he did the time — a four-game league suspension — for the crime.” Think about what Tom Brady is about to do

I’m in favor of anything that sets the record straight.

This country needs to rethink its libel/defamation laws for public figures. Lies sell. Total impunity. Then media outlets republish them with total impunity.

Brady could have avoided all this by just handing his cell phone over or at least not destroying it.
Seems to me that the league ultimately would have had nothing if not for some ridiculous text exchanges between McNally and Jastremski. There really wasn't any credible or reliable physical evidence that footballs were actually deflated. The "suspicious" text messages were the last stand for the accusers. All parties should have cited privacy of the individuals involved and turned over nothing unless legally compelled to do so.

I think most reasonable people see this for what it was, much ado about nothing. Not even 1% does this tarnish Brady's legacy. In fact he arguably had his best season (regular plus post) in 2016.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back