PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kravitz writes about Deflategate [Four Games in Fall Documentary]

This country needs to rethink its libel/defamation laws for public figures. Lies sell. Total impunity. Then media outlets republish them with total impunity.
So who decides what to censor? You end up with whoever is in power controlling the narrative because they get to decide what true is.
Better to not censor anyone and let people make their own choice. The second you start saying you have to control what people hear because they aren’t smart enough to decide for themselves you have chosen government control of people instead of people controlling their government.

The best the Brady haters can come up with is that he destroyed his cell phone. It's a joke. Nobody in their right mind would hand over their personal cell phone to a league that leaks everything. Think about the stuff that must be on that phone. His real thoughts on his teammates and opponents, for ezample. All sorts of things in texts that he wouldn't want public. Would you want all of your coworkers knowing what you thought of them? Pictures of his wife. Maybe a text from a side piece? Who knows? None of it is the NFL's business. And they aren't law enforcement. He is under no obligation to hand them his cell phone and he would be nuts to do it.

So who decides what to censor? You end up with whoever is in power controlling the narrative because they get to decide what true is.
Better to not censor anyone and let people make their own choice. The second you start saying you have to control what people hear because they aren’t smart enough to decide for themselves you have chosen government control of people instead of people controlling their government.

I don’t want to go far down this road, but I’m referring to civil litigation in regards to defamation of celebrities and public figures like Brady. The US is an outlier in making it extremely difficult to have recourse.

I’m not referring to censorship or a central body controlling speech.

To be clear:

The balls do not lose air*, they increase or decrease in air pressure according to the temperature. When it is hot, the heat excites the molecules in the ball; those molecules move around and bounce off each other more, creating greater air pressure within the container. When it gets cold, the molecules move slower and slower. This makes for less excitement and bouncing off each other, thereby lowering the air pressure within the container.

If the balls are 12.5 PSI at room temperature before tomorrow's game, they could easily be ~10.0 PSI at halftime (assuming the air pressure was measured by someone with integrity using a working and calibrated gauge - unfortunately, the NFL has neither of those things available).

*I am sure over the course of a game, some miniscule amount of the air in a football squeaks out due to collisions, external forces and the imperfect nature of the manufacturing process of a rubber bladder encased in pigskin by hand. But it is not this loss of air which contributed to the decrease in air pressure.
Can you give me an example of the same phenomenon happening again? Surely the same weather conditions have occurred again somewhere on earth involving footballs. Some losing team would complain about the balls after all the trouble the Patriots got into.

NFL, CFL, NCAA.

Its going to be cold in KC today and I would surmise in GB too. Today could be the day the gas law rears kits ugly head unless they are storing the footballs in a freezer or something. Dry ice?

@Triumph bet @lancerman that Biden would lose. He kept on doubling down raising the stakes. I think the bet was a gaming system or something. Now he claims there was cheating so he won't pay up. He's a louse.
The stain of cheating is never going away.

Ignorance wont work.

Kravitz is trying to soothe his conscience. Very difficult thing to do.

I used to play poker with a few guys who I always thought were intelligent and followers of football. Three of them wanted to know if Brady was innocent then why did he destroy his phone. I've heard that question in other places also.

I've also run into Pats fans who would take the "I don't care what he did, he's still great" approach.

Those examples show that the smear campaign was effective and is exactly why I consider the NYFL despicable.

Can you give me an example of the same phenomenon happening again? Surely the same weather conditions have occurred again somewhere on earth involving footballs. Some losing team would complain about the balls after all the trouble the Patriots got into.

NFL, CFL, NCAA.

Its going to be cold in KC today and I would surmise in GB too. Today could be the day the gas law rears kits ugly head unless they are storing the footballs in a freezer or something. Dry ice?
The NYFL measured the balls (maybe still are) for every game. You should write them to find out what they learned. Maybe they could also help you understand why you haven't heard of any other complaints.

Worked well in Rwanda.

The NYFL measured the balls (maybe still are) for every game. You should write them to find out what they learned. Maybe they could also help you understand why you haven't heard of any other complaints.
I already know the answer.

NFL, CFL, NCAA.

Soft footballs are not the reason why the Colts complained.

And I totally agree. I think the league should do PSI tests today like they said they’ve done in the past and release the results. Perfect time to do it. I doubt we will hear the results though just like we haven’t heard the results for any of the previous tests. No leaks, nothing, nada. I wonder why.

Last edited:
If Brady made a mistake here it was taunting the Ravens and Harbaugh after the Pats beat them in that playoff game. He didn’t need to do that and that isn’t the first time Brady let his ego get the best of him. That is without a doubt what got this whole thing started.

The stain of cheating is never going away.

Ignorance wont work.
The nickname "Deflator".....just a funny coincidence

LMFAO

1611494943356.png

Can you give me an example of the same phenomenon happening again?
It happens every single week as per the laws of physics but no one reports on it because this was something that no one cared about before Indy-NE and no one cares about since Indy-NE. It was nothing more than a jealousy-fueled witch hunt.

I do recall an incident with the Steelers which was quickly swept under the rug because it was the Steelers.
Surely the same weather conditions have occurred again somewhere on earth involving footballs. Some losing team would complain about the balls after all the trouble the Patriots got into.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that is why intelligent people have complained about the NFL failing to release numbers. We all know that it is scientifically impossible for a ball to be in range before the game (at room temperature) AND stay in range over the course of a game played in cold conditions.
I do not believe the NFL has altered the pregame procedures to measure the balls at game temperature, though I gladly admit I could be wrong.

But yes, if the balls are in range before the game (at room temperature) they will all slide down out of range during the game. But since it’s not the Patriots, no one gives a ****.

Last edited:
Ask the league why they haven’t released their PSI measurements from their testing. I think we already know the answer.

The taping was a different story. That was Bill’s biggest blunder as a coach by a mile. Thought he could do that and lawyer his way out of it and as we know it didn’t work. That was not his job description and he has admitted it shouldn’t have happened and it won’t ever again.
Doesn't change the facts that the Patriots alone were targeted; Mangini did what he did but he didn't know Fraudell would launch nukes over it. Other teams did it including the Jets the prior season with total impunity. It was part of an ongoing consternation Belichick had with the increasing stupidity of league rules enforcement. I don't blame him. I'd have been equally fed up. Yeah you can say it was self destructive but fine if the league wants to string me up over jaywalking fine I'll do the time. Maybe I'll regret it later but I'm sick of putting up with their bullsh*t. I'll go down but at least not as a sheep

You clearly don't have a grasp of what facts are or how freedom of speech is defined. Think about it. Just think about it.

The whole deflate gate episode is an example of how stupid of a nation we have become. And how you can sell anything to anyone because of that stupidity.

You clearly don't have a grasp of what facts are or how freedom of speech is defined. Think about it. Just think about it.

The whole deflate gate episode is an example of how stupid of a nation we have become. And how you can sell anything to anyone because of that stupidity.
What are you talking about? You think that freedom of speech should require content approval? By who? To what end?

NFL, CFL, NCAA.

November 30, 2014. Roughly 6 weeks before NE-Ind in the AFCCG.

"The Minnesota Vikings played their coldest home game in 38 years on Sunday, when they beat the Carolina Panthers in 12-degree temperatures at TCF Bank Stadium.

As both teams dealt with the freezing temperatures, Fox cameras showed sideline attendants using heaters to warm up game balls, which is against league rules. NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said Monday morning on NFL Network that officials warned both the Vikings and Panthers not to heat up the balls during Sunday's game, and would remind teams this week not to heat game balls.

"You can't do anything with the footballs in terms of any artificial, whether you're heating them up, whether it's a regular game ball or kicking ball, you can't do anything to the football," Blandino said. "So that was noticed during the game, both teams were made aware of it during the game and we will certainly remind the clubs as we get into more cold weather games that you can't do anything with the football in terms of heating them up with those sideline heaters.""

- - -

Why did Carolina's ball boys heat the footballs up? Because the air temperature screwed with the footballs and their QB didn't like them like that. So they illegally tampered with them to combat the cold weather. The NFL watched this happen in real time ON NETWORK TELEVISION.

And because they violated these sacred rules, threatening the "integrity of the game", the NFL was SOOOOOO angry that they....

Sent a memo gently reminding teams they can't do that.

Question: Do you actually think that cold weather does NOT lower air pressure in footballs? Or in car tires? Or when you store a basketball in a cold garage in winter?

Well there's more to it, like greed, corruption, prejudice, and simple hatred. Amorality is very much rewarded, and only an objective evaluation and practical (but very doable) steps taken to discourage, decrease or even ultimately eliminate it. This does not include accountability for the perpetrators of past atrocities - that ain't never gonna happen - but it does mean widespread public awareness and recognized, common behavior instilled in our culture and society. I don't hear much today about families being publicly hanged at all, let alone for being left handed or spontaneously singing, etc.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back