PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kraft's HOF Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be no New England Patriots right now if it wasn't for Kraft. He brought in the right people to build a dynasty. He doesn't interfere with how the team is run. He built a great stadium and complex privately. We as fans have witnessed something no other fans in the modern era have.

Yet in some minds Kraft is bad because he didn't fight the league as hard as he should have on Spygate or Deflategate. Or he's bad because he makes money from the fans (um, that's how business works). Unbelievable. We've had it better then any fan base in pro sports for the last 16 years. Think about that. And if Kraft didn't buy the team we'd probably be hoping for the Jaguars to move to the Boston area. I think we should all be pretty damn happy Bob Kraft owns the New England Patriots.

1226.gif

Sullivan brothers
Kiam
Ortwein
Kraft

One stands out.

Is it just coincidence that he had season ticket seats when the Sullivans owned the team, and built a much better stadium when he owned the team? Or was his experience as a fan an important consideration in his team management decision making?

Why do so many posters here fault him for not fighting a battle that he couldn't win, and would've caused other problems? He got revenge last Super Bowl, let's accept that and move on to Clown-gate.

I know many here think he's swell, but I can't be the only one who thinks Kraft is less than genuine. He is clearly an excellent businessman. Not all businessmen are decent people.

He sent Galynn Brady a SB LI ring. Yeah, he is despicable.

And if it wasn't for Bob Kraft, the team we love would have been the St. Louis Stallions.

When it comes to Bob Kraft, this place turns into a nursery full of crying, whining ungrateful babies. Arguing about Kraft is like arguing about politics in this country these days: a fool's errand.

Uh, no. The problem is the immorality of how he and the other 31 makes money. Make money above all else. Claim you give a **** about said cause(ie breast cancer) but only really care about the money. Covering up CTE. Covering up domestic violence. Rip cities off with corporate welfare when there's so many people in need. All for one cause, money. It's f*cked up. It's immoral.

You think they launched this heads up football because they care about some kid? Nah man, they care because that's their product. And they're going to do whatever it takes to make as much as money as they can regardless of how immoral it may be.

Somebody got that article handy, where it said heads up football doesn't even contribute to a reduction in concussions?

I mean are you ok with that ****? Really?

Such an immoral organization. immoral owners. They need to be jailed for life.
Uh, no. The problem is the immorality of how he and the other 31 makes money. Make money above all else. Claim you give a **** about said cause(ie breast cancer) but only really care about the money. Covering up CTE. Covering up domestic violence. Rip cities off with corporate welfare when there's so many people in need. All for one cause, money. It's f*cked up. It's immoral.

You think they launched this heads up football because they care about some kid? Nah man, they care because that's their product. And they're going to do whatever it takes to make as much as money as they can regardless of how immoral it may be.

Somebody got that article handy, where it said heads up football doesn't even contribute to a reduction in concussions?

So basically you hate the NFL. Why even bother with it then?

I'm not blind to see that the NFL is big business and makes some very questionable decisions. In the last decade under Goodell's reign of error it's even worse, but you do realize Kraft is 1 vote of 32. Even if he or any of the other owners disagree with something it will take a majority to get anything through.

The issues you have with the NFL can be found in almostevery sports league, and there are issues with big business all over the world. Food companies, pharmaceutical industry, energy pollution, the government,....where do you draw the line? You can find major faults in all of them.

For all the faults you find in Kraft (which from here look like more of faults with the NFL as a whole) you haven't mentioned any of the good he's done. The philanthropy, keeping the team in the region, running the best organization in pro sports,....

I can make the distinction between the errors and immorals of the NFL and how blessed we are to have Kraft as the owner of the team.

So basically you hate the NFL. Why even bother with it then?

I'm not blind to see that the NFL is big business and makes some very questionable decisions. In the last decade under Goodell's reign of error it's even worse, but you do realize Kraft is 1 vote of 32. Even if he or any of the other owners disagree with something it will take a majority to get anything through.

The issues you have with the NFL can be found in almostevery sports league, and there are issues with big business all over the world. Food companies, pharmaceutical industry, energy pollution, the government,....where do you draw the line? You can find major faults in all of them.

For all the faults you find in Kraft (which from here look like more of faults with the NFL as a whole) you haven't mentioned any of the good he's done. The philanthropy, keeping the team in the region, running the best organization in pro sports,....

I can make the distinction between the errors and immorals of the NFL and how blessed we are to have Kraft as the owner of the team.
Don't waste your time. Your efforts are comparable to those involved in missionary work. It's impossible to enlighten those whose obtuseness is so ingrained that it's eerily similar to the brain damage which results from incest.

You should take the leap and buy a franchise yourself. It's real easy money and you'd be great at it.

You should take the leap and buy a franchise yourself. It's real easy money and you'd be great at it.
I think you are being sarcastic, but in fact - You are Spot on. Even idiot owners in Cleveland, Jacksonville, New Jersey are making millions despite their idiocy.

I think you are being sarcastic, but in fact - You are Spot on. Even idiot owners in Cleveland, Jacksonville, New Jersey are making millions despite their idiocy.

I am. I do think it might be just a little bit difficult and risky. I know Bill Gates and successors made a lot of money and I'm sure I have a better idea for computers. How hard could it be?

Pats fans turning on their owners? What do you mean man? Just watch the loud cheers when Kraft comes out with the Lombardi on opening night. They eat that **** up! Nobody is turning on Krafty. He suckers us patsfans on a daily basis. And we just eat up all tbe ********.
At the end of a letter posted in the Hall, from Kraft to Phil Bissell, yes, pledging to bring a championship here, but stating in large handwriting:

"I too prefer the old logo."

Um, so why have we been subjected to Orthwein's ugly and insulting thing on our helmets and ugly uniforms for 25 years?

This whole can of worms was opened by Jerry Jones being admitted which was a complete joke. He doesn't even come close to deserving enshrinement. Of course in comparison, Kraft deserves it more than Jones. But that still doesn't mean either of them deserve it.

At the end of a letter posted in the Hall, from Kraft to Phil Bissell, yes, pledging to bring a championship here, but stating in large handwriting:

"I too prefer the old logo."

Um, so why have we been subjected to Orthwein's ugly and insulting thing on our helmets and ugly uniforms for 25 years?
Because it looks an awful lot better than a guy with a tricorn hat taking a dump while holding a football?

Two decades of joy supplant faded memories of perilous times past .......Bob Kraft stands tall

Borges: Patriots owner Bob Kraft merits place in Pro Football Hall of Fame
Although I sort of agree:
1) It is Borges and I want a shower. :)
2) I'm against the whole "contributor" category. I understand it. Jerry Jones was supposedly deserving because he helped find new revenue streams, etc. but I don't watch for revenue streams. But if the bar is Jerry Jones, Yeah, of course. Oh, he won't get in because of Patriots hate,but he is "deserving."
3) Yes, he rolled over "for the good of the league" too often for my taste. He's a kindly old man who is arguably too kind. Is his late in life kindness a mark against the guy who kept the team from moving?
Cool Kraft.jpg

**** him as a person.

The only three good things he did as an owner was not moving the team, hiring BB and staying the **** away from football operations. I am happy if he continues to do that and just keeps playing with his blondie girl toy.

I see the pre-2001 fans are chiming in.

Every Patriots fan owes Bob Kraft a debt of gratitude. Before he bought the team he was the main reason why the team was not moved.

He owned the stadium and would not let Kiam or Orthwein out of their leases. He was offered a lump sum that far exceeded the revenues from the lease, but he turned it down- several times.

Had he been "greedy", the franchise would have been in St. Louis or some other city and we would not have been able to enjoy this past 16 years and the 5 SB Championships.

Now should he be in Canton? If Jerry Jones got in then Bob Kraft should be in. Personally I don't think either should be put in.

I see the pre-2001 fans are chiming in.

Every Patriots fan owes Bob Kraft a debt of gratitude. Before he bought the team he was the main reason why the team was not moved.

He owned the stadium and would not let Kiam or Orthwein out of their leases. He was offered a lump sum that far exceeded the revenues from the lease, but he turned it down- several times.

Had he been "greedy", the franchise would have been in St. Louis or some other city and we would not have been able to enjoy this past 16 years and the 5 SB Championships.

Now should he be in Canton? If Jerry Jones got in then Bob Kraft should be in. Personally I don't think either should be put in.

Exactly.

This can't be repeated enough: Kraft turned down money so the team would stay in New England.

Look at all the garbage owners moving their teams around and shafting their fans over the years. Kraft had the chance to cash in on that kind of move - and instead he told them all to get bent. But for Kraft being stubborn, we'd have ended up like the fans of the Browns or the Chargers.

I'm not big on owners going to Canton, but hoooooly crap if any owner deserves it, it's Kraft. He was literally the team's savior, and then went on to oversee (even if it was from 30,000 feet) the most dominant run of football in the modern era.

Owners should not be in the hall of fame - being rich doesn't way you smart or a great football mind

The only thing he should focus on is firing and embarassing Roger Goodell. He should give a step further and try to ruin his life

He definitely deserves it for hiring the GOAT coach and staying out of his way. However it will be his reward for putting the other owners and the POS Goodell ahead of his team and its fans.

The GOAT and the GOAT coach didn't save the team from moving to ST Louis and didn't build Gillette Stadium with his own money.

Kraft is every bit as responsible for what the Patriots are today as Brady and Belichick. They are a triumvirate.

Think about it: If ANY of those 3 weren't in the picture, the picture would be nowhere near it is today.

I don't see much value to owners other than hiring the right people and staying out of their way. The rest is politics and the NFL's version of Survivor.

Every time you drive into the parking lot of Patriot Place to either see a game, eat a meal, go to the Hall, etc. sort of contradicts that last statement.

Route 1 in Foxborough is Alabama-level depressing. Kraft built a freaking miracle there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back