PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kraft's HOF Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely deserves it for hiring the GOAT coach and staying out of his way. However it will be his reward for putting the other owners and the POS Goodell ahead of his team and its fans.
Interesting way to categorize Kraft's tenure as owner
That Bob....always screwing over the NE fan

Interesting way to categorize Kraft's tenure as owner
That Bob....always screwing over the NE fan
I know many here think he's swell, but I can't be the only one who thinks Kraft is less than genuine. He is clearly an excellent businessman. Not all businessmen are decent people.

I know many here think he's swell, but I can't be the only one who thinks Kraft is less than genuine. He is clearly an excellent businessman. Not all businessmen are decent people.
You aren't the only one.

You do wonder what's enough, though? Building a stadium in a league where handouts are the norm? Fielding the most successful teams ever?

What? He didn't destroy the league, depose the commissioner and give him a verbal beat down on TV like big time wrestling?

What a jerk.

Y'all can scrape your pennies together and find the asking price for a team if you think you can do better!

BUT, though I'm not a Kraft fan, I also acknowledge that you certainly don't need to be a good person to be in a Hall of Fame. So, a case can be made that he is at least as worthy as a weirdo such as Jerry Jones. Jones has also been GM, so he has that over Kraft.

Names such as Haley, Cobb, Manning will be enshrined in various Halls of Fame. And they are/were complete douches.

I would tend to agree that owners generally don't belong in the Hall (other than the owners that were instrumental in building the league rather than owning a team).

But if the measuring stick is Jerry Jones, then Kraft is better than Jerry. Much, much better.

Even if you choose to hate Kraft for his handling of Deflategate and Spygate (and there aren't many/any owners I would call fantastic people/loyal to a fault/not self-interested), you are kidding yourself if you believe this team becomes what it is without him. In fact, without him there may not be a Patriots at all. I am a fan of the Pats, not necessarily Kraft, but those with blissful memories of Patriots owners past likely forget that the sterling prior ownership, generating 0 titles and maybe 10 decent seasons in 32 years and leaving the team on the brink of being moved outside New England, probably had much to do with the weak product on the field and its weak standing generally in the NFL.

Ask Jerry or Al Davis (both Hall of Famers now) about what happens when you do not stand back and let the qualified people run the show. For billionaire egos, not the easiest thing to do. Kraft at least has done that after the Grier/Parcells lesson early on.

I don't see much value to owners other than hiring the right people and staying out of their way. The rest is politics and the NFL's version of Survivor.

BUT, though I'm not a Kraft fan, I also acknowledge that you certainly don't need to be a good person to be in a Hall of Fame. So, a case can be made that he is at least as worthy as a weirdo such as Jerry Jones. Jones has also been GM, so he has that over Kraft.

Names such as Haley, Cobb, Manning will be enshrined in various Halls of Fame. And they are/were complete douches.
Seriously, Jerry Jones as GM? That's a reason to keep him out of the HOF.

It is difficult to look past this decision when considering Kraft's legacy.

When the Patriots fired Pete Carroll as head coach in 1999, owner Robert Kraft was considering Belichick for the vacancy. Another team owner thought Kraft could do better.

"He said if I did it, I’d be making the biggest mistake of my life,” Kraft told Sports Illustrated's Peter King, Kraft's voice "taking an ominous tone," according to King.

The owner, of course, was Modell, and, to be fair, he was not the only person warning Kraft. George Young (Calvert Hall), the former general manager of the New York Giants, and fellow NFL executive Joe Browne "thought I was crazy for wanting Bill," Kraft recalled. "It was toxic. Nobody thought it was a good idea. I was getting killed by the media in Boston. Bill had one winning year in five seasons in Cleveland."

Patriots owner: Art Modell said hiring Bill Belichick would be 'biggest mistake of my life'

He'll get into the Hall but, in New England, his legacy will forever be a "yeah, but" because he'll also be remembered for being over and taking it up the ass without lube during both Spygate and Deflategate. Mike Florio, of all people, backed this team during the latter more than its own owner did. That speaks volumes.

Jerry Jones inherited a Super Bowl caliber franchise and when all those good players left they've been total shi.t. It's a joke he's in the HoF as anything.

Kraft on the other hand took a franchise that was the worst in the league and, well, look where we are today.

"Nobody has ever been more willing to jump in the barrel for some league sodomization than good ol' Bobby Kraft, and the way he gets others to take a turn on the receiving end is second to none."

- HOF committee

Bob Kraft certainly does deserve a place in the hall of fame. He suckers patsfans into cheering for his ass year after year even though he doesn't give a **** about the fans except for the amount of money he can hustle from the fans. Definitely hall of fame worthy.

Can't wait for the opening night cheers when he comes out with the Lombardi. Disgusting...:rolleyes:

Most fans don't like their owners. The fact that it took over 20 years for Patriots fans to start to turn on Kraft speaks to how good he's been over the long haul.

Pats fans turning on their owners? What do you mean man? Just watch the loud cheers when Kraft comes out with the Lombardi on opening night. They eat that **** up! Nobody is turning on Krafty. He suckers us patsfans on a daily basis. And we just eat up all tbe ********.

There would be no New England Patriots right now if it wasn't for Kraft. He brought in the right people to build a dynasty. He doesn't interfere with how the team is run. He built a great stadium and complex privately. We as fans have witnessed something no other fans in the modern era have.

Yet in some minds Kraft is bad because he didn't fight the league as hard as he should have on Spygate or Deflategate. Or he's bad because he makes money from the fans (um, that's how business works). Unbelievable. We've had it better then any fan base in pro sports for the last 16 years. Think about that. And if Kraft didn't buy the team we'd probably be hoping for the Jaguars to move to the Boston area. I think we should all be pretty damn happy Bob Kraft owns the New England Patriots.

Yet in some minds Kraft is bad because he didn't fight the league as hard as he should have on Spygate or Deflategate. Or he's bad because he makes money from the fans (um, that's how business works). Unbelievable. We've had it better then any fan base in pro sports for the last 16 years. Think about that. And if Kraft didn't buy the team we'd probably be hoping for the Jaguars to move to the Boston area. I think we should all be pretty damn happy Bob Kraft owns the New England Patriots.

Uh, no. The problem is the immorality of how he and the other 31 makes money. Make money above all else. Claim you give a **** about said cause(ie breast cancer) but only really care about the money. Covering up CTE. Covering up domestic violence. Rip cities off with corporate welfare when there's so many people in need. All for one cause, money. It's f*cked up. It's immoral.

You think they launched this heads up football because they care about some kid? Nah man, they care because that's their product. And they're going to do whatever it takes to make as much as money as they can regardless of how immoral it may be.

Somebody got that article handy, where it said heads up football doesn't even contribute to a reduction in concussions?

I mean are you ok with that ****? Really?

Such an immoral organization. immoral owners. They need to be jailed for life.

He'll get into the Hall but, in New England, his legacy will forever be a "yeah, but" because he'll also be remembered for being over and taking it up the ass without lube during both Spygate and Deflategate. Mike Florio, of all people, backed this team during the latter more than its own owner did. That speaks volumes.

what's interesting is that jerry jones admitted last night that when the league sued him for $300 million he sued back for $700 million. he didn't capitulate like kraft did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft