PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BlueToothGate - but this time it's not us,its our main rival

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not care even a little bit.

I certainly don't care if someone on the Ravens' sideline has a bluetooth earpiece in. I *do* care that the NFL cracks down hard core on the Patriots but not for other teams. That isn't just a fan thing; it has real impact on the on-field product. The Pats have been docked two first-round picks and a fourth round pick, and had their QB suspended four games. Imagine if the Ravens had lost those picks and Jackson got suspended four games?

Goodell has just announced that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the Raven's bluetoothing ways, and accordingly, the New England Patriots have been docked their first round draft picks in 2020 and 2021.

Baltimore is our rival? It's still 2012?

I wonder if all this soap opera stuff is an attempt to get female audience share. I don't remember all this irrelevant stuff dominating sports talk when I was a kid.

nope . Same as always... idiot audience share. The biggest market segment by a very large margin

You’d think Kraft of all people would be very vocal about a big penalty for the Ravens but we know he won’t be.

A “mistake”... that sounds familiar.

An NFL spokesperson declined to comment on whether the league was looking into the matter.

In a statement to The Baltimore Sun, the Ravens called the incident a “mistake.”

“We are aware of the situation. It was a mistake, and the Bluetooth was removed as soon as he noticed he was wearing it,” a Ravens spokesperson said.

If it was the Pats how would this have been handled differently? First the NFL wouldn't have declined to mention if they were looking into it, they would have said they had 20 people investigating it, being sure to stress they were taking it seriously.

The NFL wants their new shiny little toy to win they do not give two F's about this. If it was the Pats fugetaboutit

An NFL spokesperson declined to comment on whether the league was looking into the matter.

In a statement to The Baltimore Sun, the Ravens called the incident a “mistake.”

“We are aware of the situation. It was a mistake, and the Bluetooth was removed as soon as he noticed he was wearing it,” a Ravens spokesperson said.

Let’s see if the NFL buys their explanation.

Two teams have admitted to breaking a rule. Both are classified as repeat offenders. Let’s see the difference in the punishment.

The attention to anything NE Patriots and the NFL/Media lack of attention to issues not NEP related gets old after a while but I guess it is the price that comes with greatness and I don't think there is any other fan base or team out there that wouldn't trade places with ours. As others have said before, this just adds fuel to the fire.

They will. $50k fine. Moving on.
We're just scratching at the surface of the Ravens cheating. I mean, they won a Super Bowl with Flacco. You can't tell me they didn't cheat.

We're just scratching at the surface of the Ravens cheating. I mean, they won a Super Bowl with Flacco. You can't tell me they didn't cheat.
While he was acquitted, looks like Mr Bluetooth security guy had a little issue involving a woman a few years back. DA said it proved the case. Had a witness too. The guy should have gone to Orchids of Asia instead.

Ravens head of security found not guilty of assault charges

Everything is ok when it’s a mistake. Accidental death, infidelity, dropping a baby, sexual harassment, etc. ad nauseum, no accountability, all is forgiven, I have insurance, it never should have happened, my judgment is better now, she shouldn’t wear a dress like that....any excuse will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes