PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BleacherReport: Patriots favorites to win Super Bowl LIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’ll always be a tough out, but I don’t understand why anyone would care about being SB favorites. After all, we’ve been SB favorites just about every single year since 2003-2004, with most resulting in non-SB winning seasons.

If the idea is that they’ll be in the mix and will field a highly competitive team, then we pretty much already knew that. Still, better to be one of the “favorites” than one of the teams who are projected to get 7 wins!!

Actually BR is a little off. Vegas Insider has the Pats at 6/1 and the Rams, Vikes & Eagles right behind them at 10/1. Pats O/U is currently at 11, Eagles are at 10.5

Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

The Eagles ran right thru us AND the NFC with their backup QB but sure we should be favorites

At the same time, didn't Brady put up 500+ yards without Edelman and Cooks? Just out of curiosity are Philly fans whining about their defense?

New year, new team, time to bet your bottom dollar on tomorrow. Pretty sure there will be sun! :p

The Eagles ran right thru us AND the NFC with their backup QB but sure we should be favorites

Vegas probably doesn't think BB will be benching his starting CB for the Super Bowl this season.

Might as well bet on the Pats, we're due for another super bowl ring.

Not really. You can't judge a Pats defense that benched one of its best defenders minutes before Super Bowl kickoff and asked 5 players to defend out of natural position all game. The defense gave up the fewest points in the league from weeks 5 through 17 when Butler was starting and not benched.

No offense, man, but your life must really suck.

I mean he's just being realistic.

If after we beat the Rams everyone anointed them the favorites again we'd all be apeshit and posting about "OMG BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL NO RESPECTUH" and you know it.

Nothing is new and shocking. Every year some experts shyly, some loudly and other with no respect but say the Pats again are the main favourites to get Lombardi Trophy. Sorry experts you should wait a long time to treat us like underdogs.

No offense, man, but your life must really suck.
My life is awesome. Got a beautiful wife and kid. Nice job. Car's paid off. Don't have any debt. **** is a little on the small side but can't have it all. But that has nothing to do with my comment, the Eagles should be favorites and the Pats a close second. They won with their backup QB FFS. Their backup QB!! Imagine we went thru the playoffs and won the SB with Hoyer and still weren't considered favorites the next year.

The Eagles, for the better part of the season, were the best team. All they did was confirm that in the Super Bowl. Outside of one game-changing play, the Pats had their chance and whiffed. That's the agony and ecstasy of sport.

At the same time, didn't Brady put up 500+ yards without Edelman and Cooks? Just out of curiosity are Philly fans whining about their defense?

New year, new team, time to bet your bottom dollar on tomorrow. Pretty sure there will be sun! :p
To be fair to the Eagles fans, they ran into the GOAT QB in his second home (the Super Bowl) so they have at least an excuse. Our excuse was that our defensive depth was not strong enough to stand up to Nick Foles and got tossed around the field all day.

I'm not saying the Eagles are way better just that it's pretty much a toss up and a tie should easily go to Philly right now

To be fair to the Eagles fans, they ran into the GOAT QB in his second home (the Super Bowl) so they have at least an excuse. Our excuse was that our defensive depth was not strong enough to stand up to Nick Foles and got tossed around the field all day.

I'm not saying the Eagles are way better just that it's pretty much a toss up and a tie should easily go to Philly right now

That's fair. But I think the betting public, and ergo the oddsmakers, look at Pats additions,including Edelman and Hightower,and see enough to edge them past Philly. Remember, Vegas had Eagles as SB favs just a few weeks ago and Pat's are only slight favs now.
And I'm glad your life doesn't suck.

The Pats are the favorites because they've proven something that the Eagles haven't: that they are resilient from one year to the next regardless of the results of the prior year. The Eagles have to overcome being SB winners, which has proven to be a huge issue. The Pats have a system and an intensity to their mindset that has shown to be fairly durable over the years. The Eagles, and this coaching staff, players, and front office, are on the podium for the first time. Edge to the Pats.

Which is completely irrelevant to SB odds going forward, how the Pats approach the off season.

Only a few fans are fixated on what happened against one hot team, at one moment in time.

Which is completely irrelevant to SB odds going forward, how the Pats approach the off season.

Only a few fans are fixated on what happened against one hot team, at one moment in time.
Yea if you think the Eagles were a fluke you must have only watched one game at one moment in time. They dominated all season long and didn't skip a beat with their backup QB which spells doom for nearly every playoff team last year. Our depth at LB hasn't improved and we're another injury to Hightower away from a mediocre defense without a player who can make the play when we need him the most like a tackle at the goal line or a strip sack. Until our LB depth significantly improves or these rookies turn out to be decent players, I don't think this defense has what it takes for us to be favorites. And I love this team, I'm not just saying this to be a negative nancy. I've just seen this story many times before.

Tip of the hat to the Eagles and the great 2017 team/season they had, but the Pats have been to the AFCCG every year since the Bush administration with different rosters. They have a system that works and isn't wholly dependent on having the talent be perfect every year. Pretty easy to pick them as the favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes