Black Monday thread: the NFL Coaching Carousel

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Who is asta lavista?

Nagy @ Chicago
Fangio @ Denver

270122101_10169930777782037_4832913841730728522_n.jpg

After his boss dissed him, Matt Ruhle is probably done in Carolina. Zimmer in Minnesota and Flores in Miami might be feeling some heat.

A misguided owner in the NFL will hire Leftwich. There are several candidates who are better.

Joe Judge in Jersey A ... That's just a cluster hump with him down there... Gettleman is gone, and any new gm worth their salt will want their own coaching choice...
...and if anyone caught JJs presser a few days ago it was a complete meltdown.

I'd be shocked if he survived

Joe Judge in Jersey A ... That's just a cluster hump with him down there... Gettleman is gone, and any new gm worth their salt will want their own coaching choice...
Giants fans are terrified that they'll just promote the assistant GM, because that's how they've always done things. Accorsi and Reese were internal promotions, and Gettleman spent 15 years with the Giants before his 5 years in Carolina. if Kevin Abrams gets the promotion, that would be good news for Judge.

Nagy is a goner. They have a college QB, will they bring in Harbaugh to run a college offense?

I think Flores is safe, unless Watson wants someone else.

Texans Culley is also a goner. Once they move Watson, no need to keep him. It will be interesting to see if they run with Davis Mills as their starting QB.

The Raiders will dump Bisaccia, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Gruden back.

Zimmer's run in Minnesota should be over.

Tough calls on Fangio and Rhule because of their QB situations.

Nagy is a goner. They have a college QB, will they bring in Harbaugh to run a college offense?

Texans Culley is also a goner. Once they move Watson, no need to keep him. It will be interesting to see if they run with Davis Mills as their starting QB.

The Raiders will dump Bisaccia, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Gruden back.

No way Gruden is back after his emails.

I think (some obvious) JAX, NYG, CAR, CHI will open up

Not sure about Culley. Caserio axe-ing his HC after one year is a bad look. Mills actually has Mac-like stats starting w/ the game vs us.

Bisaccia deserves another year. Total ****show out there and he's got them in playoff contention.

Fangio deserves another year. #3 defense but he needs serious help offensively.

They need a change in MN. No question.

Keep your eye on Seattle. Paul Allen's sister, Jody is not happy. Pom-Pom is 70 and things are stale out there.

especially if Wilson bolts for someplace else, then its a total re-tool.
I think it's unlikely but a bunch of people I work with who live in SEA and are "12s" say Jody is more of a fan-type than Allen. She blew up the Trailbrazers FO after the 1st rd loss last year so the woman is not afraid to make moves.

Pom Pom is signed thu 2025. Schneider through 2027 and Carrolls messenger boy for for Paul Allen, team President is there till 2027 as well.

As you say it might come down to either Russ or Pom-Pom and she has final say.

Coaches under threat (Mayer and Chucky have already left the building)

Pete Carroll - Seahawks
Mike Zimmer - Vikings
Joe Judge - Giants
Darell Bevel - Jags
David Culley - Texans
Matt Nagy - Bears

Coaches under threat (Mayer and Chucky have already left the building)

Pete Carroll - Seahawks
Mike Zimmer - Vikings
Joe Judge - Giants
Darell Bevel - Jags
David Culley - Texans
Matt Nagy - Bears
I really can't see Culley being fired. The whole season was wrecked with the Watson situation & injuries. I bet he gets another year.
And I sense that SEA would negotiate a Carroll "retiring" rather than firing - he's in the realm of iconic for them, but a change could/should be coming.

I think (some obvious) JAX, NYG, CAR, CHI will open up

Not sure about Culley. Caserio axe-ing his HC after one year is a bad look. Mills actually has Mac-like stats starting w/ the game vs us.

Bisaccia deserves another year. Total ****show out there and he's got them in playoff contention.

Fangio deserves another year. #3 defense but he needs serious help offensively.

They need a change in MN. No question.

Keep your eye on Seattle. Paul Allen's sister, Jody is not happy. Pom-Pom is 70 and things are stale out there.
Am I the only one that thinks McDaniels will move to Houston?

Good call...its possible , but did he have family ties to the Boston NY area which was one of the reasons why he stayed at the Pats ?

Howe says Culley is expected to be back next year, and I don't know who could possibly be his source on that other than Caserio himself.

If Josh left he'd have a very good QB prospect to work with.

Including the NEP game, David Mills since.

As a rookie QB on a crap team with crap offensive talent, you couldn't have asked for a better season out of him.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 10.23.41 AM.png

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back