PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Release TE Charles Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they draft a TE fairly early in the draft...because Tony Gonzales isn't walking thru the locker room door .. :D

i still can't believe that contract the bills gave him

I’d pass, I don’t think he has anything in the tank left.

Can he rush the pas--

Oh ****, sorry. Old habits and all.

After this SB, the Pats D could all rip a collective fart in my face, and I'd say thank you.

Yes, sign Clay if cheap.

I know the feeling. Kind of feels like built up gas.

What's gonna change next? Is Ray Lewis no longer gonna be apart of our polls?

Chung’s improvement at covering TE’s, made the opposing TE’s less appealing. So no to Clay.

Buffalo's trash is probably not Patriots treasure...

So are you all saying Charles Clay Couldn't give us 500yds plus with Brady?? That's his average not counting last year or you all expect that from molasses Dwayne Allen?? :confused: When last I check Bills Rookie QB couldn't throw it in Niagara Falls he would over throw it.:rolleyes: I could see BB taking a flier of course Gronk's decision will loom large. A two year contract could work for Clay on this Team I don't think he's done more like under used. Also it shouldn't be about money for Clay he made plenty of that. Would be perfect Patriots signing if you ask me I am for this under the radar signing.

Last edited:
4 years ago, sure. Now? No christ no he sucks, like Dwayne Allen but worse because even the Bills couldn't find an excuse to get him targets

I am going go out on a Limb and say this same Charles Clay... would have more catches and yards with Brady in Two years than Allen.

Last edited:
Bring him into camp and see if he can beat out Hollister.

Not exactly setting a high bar there, admittedly.
I don’t think he’s too hot either, but he is cheap and contributes on some special teams units, and we obviously need players like that. My hope is that someone else beats him out in camp.

There are some fine TE's in this draft class. I'd go that route.

I am going go out on a Limb and say this same Charles Clay... would have more catches and yards with Brady in Two years than Allen.
Maybe but he can't play ST's and he can't block your grandmother (no offense if she's passed but either way, he couldn't block her).

Maybe but he can't play ST's and he can't block your grandmother (no offense if she's passed but either way, he couldn't block her).

No offense taken: that said Clay would be still better than that can't get on the Field waste of space Jacob Hollister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference