PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Release TE Charles Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeezyFbaby

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Always been a patriots killer, didnt we tender him years back? Could be a match for cheap

Can he rush the pas--

Oh ****, sorry. Old habits and all.

After this SB, the Pats D could all rip a collective fart in my face, and I'd say thank you.

Yes, sign Clay if cheap.

I've never really paid attention, but how's his blocking?

2013 Charles Clay - 69 catches, 759 yds, 6 TD
2018 Charles Clay - 21 catches, 184 yds, 0 TD

Numbers declined each of the last 5 seasons.

Nope. This guy is 30 and done. Also, he's a below-average (at best) blocker.

2013 Charles Clay - 69 catches, 759 yds, 6 TD
2018 Charles Clay - 21 catches, 184 yds, 0 TD

Numbers declined each of the last 5 seasons.

Nope. This guy is 30 and done. Also, he's a below-average (at best) blocker.
He could be done or his decline in production could be tied to the decline in QBs he had throwing the ball. Maybe both.

I'm not interested in over paying for a 21 catch guy. Now if he's got more in the tank, and it's a case of not being used properly, I'd say give him a camp invite, sure. But we already have a 4m dollar TE that doesn't catch passes.

He could be done or his decline in production could be tied to the decline in QBs he had throwing the ball. Maybe both.

Yeah. Nobody is going to sit here and call Miami or the Bills offensive juggernauts so you sort of have to figure in their abysmal offensive output in general when grading their FAs.

He'd hardly break the bank and if he's not a liability in blocking (this I absolutely do not know) then I wouldn't mind it but if he's a liability in blocking I'd rather the team stick with Allen or find someone who would be an upgrade.

Clay has a history of knee injuries, and they appear to have impacted his abilities on the field.

Always been a patriots killer, didnt we tender him years back? Could be a match for cheap
My obligatory objection to “he a patriot killer”
Clay in 13 games vs the patriots averaged 2.9 catches for 25.8 yards and his best game ever vs the patriots was 59 yards and that was in a 41-13 blowout loss.

Yeah. Nobody is going to sit here and call Miami or the Bills offensive juggernauts so you sort of have to figure in their abysmal offensive output in general when grading their FAs.

He'd hardly break the bank and if he's not a liability in blocking (this I absolutely do not know) then I wouldn't mind it but if he's a liability in blocking I'd rather the team stick with Allen or find someone who would be an upgrade.
Allen is better.

4 years ago, sure. Now? No christ no he sucks, like Dwayne Allen but worse because even the Bills couldn't find an excuse to get him targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes