PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Release TE Charles Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense taken: that said Clay would be still better than that can't get on the Field waste of space Jacob Hollister.
Your 3rd TE has to play ST's in some manner and add other intangibles. Your 2nd TE has to be able to block and/or be a good receiver...depending on your offense. Clay is none of that now. I'd rather see what the draft brings, Izzo, and if Allen takes a cut.

Your 3rd TE has to play ST's in some manner and add other intangibles. Your 2nd TE has to be able to block and/or be a good receiver...depending on your offense. Clay is none of that now. I'd rather see what the draft brings, Izzo, and if Allen takes a cut.

I forgot about Ryan Izzo they stashed him last year. He blocked well at FSU thought he was a sleeper pick. Even if Gronk's coming back addressing the position is well overdue so Gronk - Izzo and high Draft pick would be great going forward. I think the Allen/Hollister ships have sailed. P.s. I always likes Jesse James from Pittsburgh not flashy but solid he's a free agent.

If he still has decent speed, this seems like a perfect one year prove-it deal, signing him cheap and giving him th opportunity to showcase his skills under Belichick. It takes both sides sharing they vision though, as well as 31 teams unwilling to make a much better offer.

I don’t think [Hollister]'s too hot either, but he is cheap and contributes on some special teams units, and we obviously need players like that. My hope is that someone else beats him out in camp.
My hope too, though if Mister Anderson & Ryan Izzo are incapable of unseating him, then they don't deserve to be on the team either.

Gotta give Clay and whoever is agent is a lot of credit. Man made a lot of $$$$ for being average. Guess Clay is always in the right place at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back