PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills offer Eagles a second for Nick Foles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Its being widely reported and this is why the Jimmy G trade was ridiculously low value that The Eagles are looking for a first but the Bills have offered a second for the player that will do nothing outside of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Its being widely reported and this is why the Jimmy G trade was ridiculously low value that The Eagles are looking for a first but the Bills have offered a second for the player that will do nothing outside of the Philadelphia Eagles.

You post makes no sense at all. At the point where JG was traded he had 1.5 games of real football played. Foles has much more than that and has performed error-free on the biggest stage possible and got a SB MVP for that. Of course there will be a bigger return for Foles than JG.

Big **** Nick has always been a good QB in my eyes, his fall was more coaching fault under Fisher than talent and I was not surprised by his rise under a decent coaching and I would rather spend the coin on him than that stat padder choker Cousins if I were a GM looking for a long term QB.

That said, I still need to re-watch the SB, I was travelling and had to watch in a small TV with not a good quality, did he really light up or just made the throws that was there? I had the impression the Pats defense had a 1 second delay most of the times so he was just going with his readings easily with not much of a contest by the defense.

You post makes no sense at all. At the point where JG was traded he had 1.5 games of real football played. Foles has much more than that and has performed error-free on the biggest stage possible and got a SB MVP for that. Of course there will be a bigger return for Foles than JG.
Look at age and ceiling Nick Foles has peaked Grap has not yet

Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB, with a pro bowl season under his belt in 2013. While his upside may not be as high as Jimmy G, he is a proven commodity. The Bills would have advanced in the post season if they had Foles. Good move trying to get him. Foles will never be elite, but, as Parcells used to say, he has some pelts on his pony.

The dude was throwing seeds all over the field. Give the guy credit. I didn't really see blown coverages or poor technique in coverage by the D. Sometimes you tip your cap.

That said, I still maintain his quality of play will fade as time goes. Or, he'd need to change how he plays.

The MVP of the SB was the philly offensive line.

If they turn around and pay him 100 MIL like SF did then we can discuss. A 2nd rd pick for the SB MVP and a 7 MIL cap hit seems like it should actually cost more when compared to a promising player with 2 starts who at the time had 8 games left under contract and at a minimum you faced having to franchise him.

Look at age and ceiling Nick Foles has peaked Grap has not yet

Again, you have to look at what was known about JG before he was traded to the 49ers. Which is not much. You have a gametape of him against Arizona and half a game against Miami. Lets just ignore the mob-up duty in the KC disaster in 2014 because that was an eternity ago.

Players with "unknowns" are less valuable than players where you know their strengths and weaknesses. One of the two you can coach and scheme around to emphasize the positives. With unknowns you literally cant do that until you figure out what you got.

If JG had played all 4 games in 2016 all of this would have been an entirely different conversation. But he could not make it through 2.

If you disagree with that then look no further than what we did last offseason where we traded length of cost controlled contract for less risk via going for known commodities instead of draft projections.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

This plus Foles also played much better football vs better competition in his playoff run than JG did in his 1.5 games.

Again, you have to look at what was known about JG before he was traded to the 49ers. Which is not much. You have a gametape of him against Arizona and half a game against Miami. Lets just ignore the mob-up duty in the KC disaster in 2014 because that was an eternity ago.

Players with "unknowns" are less valuable than players where you know their strengths and weaknesses. One of the two you can coach and scheme around to emphasize the positives. With unknowns you literally cant do that until you figure out what you got.

If JG had played all 4 games in 2016 all of this would have been an entirely different conversation. But he could not make it through 2.

If you disagree with that then look no further than what we did last offseason where we traded length of cost controlled contract for less risk via going for known commodities instead of draft projections.

Yup. Plus at the time there were durability concerns. And of course JG was about to hit the market. I will never believe anyone even thought of offering a first for him under all these circumstances.

Big **** Nick has always been a good QB in my eyes, his fall was more coaching fault under Fisher than talent and I was not surprised by his rise under a decent coaching and I would rather spend the coin on him than that stat padder choker Cousins if I were a GM looking for a long term QB.

That said, I still need to re-watch the SB, I was travelling and had to watch in a small TV with not a good quality, did he really light up or just made the throws that was there? I had the impression the Pats defense had a 1 second delay most of the times so he was just going with his readings easily with not much of a contest by the defense.

Foles was targeting our third string thrust into a starting position CB.

It looked like what happens when in pre season games one team leaves their first string offense on the field for an extra drive while the defense has put in all the guys trying to make the final cuts.

zero snaps for our second best corner, despite the fact that he was healthy and active.

Foles was targeting our third string thrust into a starting position CB.

It looked like what happens when in pre season games one team leaves their first string offense on the field for an extra drive while the defense has put in all the guys trying to make the final cuts.

zero snaps for our second best corner, despite the fact that he was healthy and active.

No he was not. Otherwise we would not have scenes of Rowe, DMac, Chung and Gilmore all getting beat on third downs by the same player (Ertz).

Anyway this is not another SB/Butler thread.

I think the eagles hold onto Foles until they are sure Wentz is 100%.

No he was not. Otherwise we would not have scenes of Rowe, DMac, Chung and Gilmore all getting beat on third downs by the same player (Ertz).

Anyway this is not another SB/Butler thread.

It doesn't have to be, I was answering a question asked.

There's probably a big PR angle to it too.

Folks is the guy who just beat the Patriots in the SB: if he went to the Bills it would energize their fanbase. Just the rumour of him going to Buffalo, the one we're discussing right now, is good PR for them.

Makes me think of the Jete when they wrecked their cap to "bring Revis home".

Praise to Bill Belichick, who will never make a personnel move based on what any of us think :)

Not sure why people think Foles can't play. He has the third-best passer rating for a season in NFL history.

foles.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back