PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills are trading C Russell Bodine to the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the best skills of Bill and the staff.

We've lost Andrews and Froholdt in the last week.

We have Karras ready to start, and Bill has acquired 3 backup replacements.

Bills fans also love throwing bildos, they're a weird bunch. They're thrilled about trading a healthy, 27 year old center with 74 starts for a sixth round pick. I guess there's not much else to be excited about in Buffalo

It's not surprising that the Bills fans like the trade. They're coming from a different point of view than the Patriots and their fans. The Bills got a 6th round pick for a guy who's been a lousy starter and might otherwise have been cut. The Patriots gave up a 6th for a guy who, hopefully, plugs a gaping hole at the center position, be it as a starter or, hopefully, as a backup.

Bills fans also love throwing bildos, they're a weird bunch. They're thrilled about trading a healthy, 27 year old center with 74 starts for a sixth round pick. I guess there's not much else to be excited about in Buffalo

This is how stupid these people are...

Patriots traded Duke Dawson for this guy.

Wow.....whats/who is next on the shopping list........a starting TE please:):)

Bills and Cincy fans on Twitter keep saying how bad this guy is. The fact that he's started 70+ games the last 5 years tells me he's at least capable. Considering where he's played I'm sure he hasn't received a morsel of the coaching he's about to with the Patriots.

The guy has started in a league a bunch of years. He can't suck that bad.

Fact is he is already better than anyone else not named Andrews on the current roster.

He played for two crap teams. Now hes on a good one with A+ coaching, a good O-Line and a GOAT to help him.

My money is he'll do OK here.

I agree.

We're asking a 4 year starter to succeed as a backup for us, or perhaps even as an inactive emergency backup. After some coaching, he should be able to succeed in this.

The guy has started in a league a bunch of years. He can't suck that bad.

Fact is he is already better than anyone else not named Andrews on the current roster.

He played for two crap teams. Now hes on a good one with A+ coaching, a good O-Line and a GOAT to help him.

My money is he'll do OK here.

Kin to Jethro Bodine?

He will never get the zone blocking scheme.

Not a good sign when youre building your OL a week before opening day.

His salary is $1.9 mil. I'm not sure if his cap hit is $1.9 or $2.1, but either way, that sounds like a lot for a backup center. The Patriots must like him. I wonder if they expect him to beat out Karras.

Russell Bodine

I agree.

We're asking a 4 year starter to succeed as a backup for us, or perhaps even as an inactive emergency backup. After some coaching, he should be able to succeed in this.
Who knows. Maybe he becomes the starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes