PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick will meet with the media today at 9:30 a.m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did math. If air comes out of the compressor at 100 degrees as has been stated. 12.5 PSI at 100 = 11.27 PSI at 45 degrees.

I think this whole story is blowing up and will be dead and the focus turned to the Colts by this time tomorrow.

well, then, he can be labeled a cheater and a liar, too........somebody let air out......

you have no clue to the facts.........neither do I.....

lol-wut.jpg

simple logic......you should f*cking try it
Simple logic is not knowing the facts, but definitively stating what happened?
I think you are looking for a different phrase than simple logic. Wild guess perhaps?

Yeah, I guess actions speak louder than words to me. When you cry to mom and dad, and then say it didn't bother you- it bothered you.

I actually played a game of football with friends today. I lost, I was thinking about what it would take for me to seriously say I lost because of ball inflation? I can't imagine someone older than maybe 6 or so trying to use that excuse. It's the most impressive display of petty childishness that I can think of, you really don't even get those excuses at the peewee level.

Maybe everyone should get a trophy, it's not fair the Colts didn't get one, they tried so hard.

well, it does depend on how you see pro sports on TV........competitively, it doesn't mean that much, but from an entertainment standpoint, it's like watching a movie and getting the ending you want........the foobar going on afterwards is like movie reviews

Simple logic is not knowing the facts, but definitively stating what happened?
I think you are looking for a different phrase than simple logic. Wild guess perhaps?

is it a wild guess to say that 'dog sh*t tastes bad'?

"But if it deflated from 12.5 to 12.3, it would. So we will take steps in the future to make sure we don’t put ourselves in that type of potential situation again."

Why would BB use these specific numbers, unless the balls really were down only .2 psi when they were rechecked at the half?

If that turns out to be the case, I might never stop laughing.

By god, I hope that it is indeed 0.2.

But then, if Mort is so off on that #, wouldn't the NFL leak out the correct psi change and effectively shut this down?

That would have stopped this mad smearing frenzy of the Pats and more importantly to the NFL, avoid the embarassing questions on the capability of their officials, which is now questioned by everyone - both the Patsfans and the haters.

So, I fear that that 2 psi is probably correct but then I prefer to wait for the facts to come out instead of speculating.

But then, if Mort is so off on that #, wouldn't the NFL leak out the correct psi change and effectively shut this down?

That would have stopped this mad smearing frenzy of the Pats and more importantly to the NFL, avoid the embarassing questions on the capability of their officials, which is now questioned by everyone - both the Patsfans and the haters.

So, I fear that that 2 psi is probably correct but then I prefer to wait for the facts to come out instead of speculating.
Why would they bother? They're about to issue an entire report on it.

But BB's example seems too calculated and precise to be nothing.

is it a wild guess to say that 'dog sh*t tastes bad'?
How does that apply?
You do not know what the pressure measurements of the footballs were before the game, or at halftime.
There is no way you can have any certainty that air was removed. Why do you insist on pretending that you do? Its OK to say you were mistaken, it really is.

where did I say none of you have any facts?

"Simple logic.. Get some." You're implying that someone letting air out is a foregone conclusion. You don't know, I don't know. Stop being a pompous ass.

How does that apply?
You do not know what the pressure measurements of the footballs were before the game, or at halftime.
There is no way you can have any certainty that air was removed. Why do you insist on pretending that you do? Its OK to say you were mistaken, it really is.

I'm just drawing a line based on the information that has been provided so far. If that information is fount to be erroneous, then things obviously changed. I'm not in a position to say the information regarding the pressure of the 11 balls was correct or not.

I don't have the need to believe or not believe anything........didn't give it much thought since it has not been refuted

My theory is that the league had ulterior motives.
They wanted to give the appearance that they were doing the right thing and vigorously addressing a serious issue. The fact that it was BB meant that it would get attention, and they really needed to get this one right. If there is no evidence and they will exonerate the Patriots, leaking information to make them look bad creates the impression they were tough on the Patriots but couldn't find anything.

Also, we do not know where Morts info came from. It could have been 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand. Like the telephone game. I have zero trust that either the person who leaked to Mort knew the exact facts, or that the information was in complete detail and not short-hand.

there are digital gauges with valves that do it for you

I'm merely implying the possibility.....you may be right, actually, that would be prefereable to me

I'm just saying that the possibility is pretty substantial and that it would not be hard to pull off
And we are making judgements or speculations from information or rather speculations that a Media Network<(using that term rather loosely) (ESPN) came out with from day one? Seems odd that ESPN would be given such privy information so early on.

Lets all remember, they were WRONG about Walsh having walkthrough tape, yet they acted as though it was written in stone and had the nerve to ask Mr Kraft about it the day OF the SB.......Chris Berman did that and I will always hate the guy and ESPN for being such hack jobs.

"Simple logic.. Get some." You're implying that someone letting air out is a foregone conclusion. You don't know, I don't know. Stop being a pompous ass.

yes.......and I said as much in a reply to someone else

stop being a ****........it's ok to disagree........start with 'how the **** would you know' and you get it back in spades

I will say that this press conference has made me feel a lot better. Belichick felt honest and I hope the NFL can see that and realize this was a simple oversight and not done intentionally.

I'm just drawing a line based on the information that has been provided so far. If that information is fount to be erroneous, then things obviously changed. I'm not in a position to say the information regarding the pressure of the 11 balls was correct or not.

I don't have the need to believe or not believe anything........didn't give it much thought since it has not been refuted

The current position you're taking is that you're not giving the team you're supposedly a fan of the benefit of the doubt, despite several media reports getting debunked as more information "leaks."

I just watched the PC and BB seemed very peeved. And rightly so as I can't imagine how much this has to be eating him up. Especially the personal integrity question.

Barring proof that BB is lying the league better not penalize BB in any way thereby tarnishing his legacy. If they do, Kraft had better go to bat for his guy.

Then you cannot say with 100% certainty, which is what you did, that air was taken out of the ball and if Brady denies it then he is a liar and a cheater.
Its fine to conclude something based upon rumored facts, but you need to accept that it IS based upon rumored (and still never verified) facts, and act as if it a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back