PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick to be featured in new VICE series Dark Side of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not highlighted in particular but the whole thing was part of a story they were telling that the Pats organization puts winning above integrity. Also the Bengals taping incident was featured which the league found had zip to do with Bill. And the eligible receiver play that Harbaugh was whining about - that was cheating too. Or something.

Parker accused the Patriots organization of deliberately deflating footballs to make them softer for Brady. Yeah.

Also the reenactments were pretty goofy like Bill was some shadowy figure that would sneak around to break the rules. Making Bill out to be some callous a-hole even going all the way back to his decision to move on from Kosar.

They did say that the Colts back in the day were very paranoid about things like headsets jamming in Gillette Stadium but we probably already knew that.

A disappointment but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. It was the one sided hatchet job that a lot of us were saying it would be on Bill and the Pats organization.

Taking your last point, I think, if this board was discussing a hypothetical show about spy- and/or deflategate on ESPN/Fox Sports/USA/A&E/wherever, I think the consensus would be that the show would a hit job on the Patriots. It's disappointing that the people behind this show/episode had a chance to do something that might challenge the prevailing narrative, but went a very predictable route instead. That doesn't bode well for future episodes or the future of the series.

The snow plow incident took place in 1982. Different coach, players, owner, uniforms, stadium and so on. That event has nothing to do with the Belichick Patriots (or the Parcells Patriots, or the Carroll Patriots, or the MacPherson Patriots, and so on.) It's like thinking "The Steelers defense was great in the mid-70s, so it must still be now." Decades have passed. Also, if the Bills, Steelers, Eagles, Browns, Packers or Bears did the same thing during a snowstorm, it would be remembered fondly on the NFL Football Follies instead of being regarding as a prophecy of future behavior.

It’s all good, the 2nd edition is on the 70’s Steelers, when they won 4 Lombardi’s and the Triple Crown 3 times.

It’s all good, the 2nd edition is on the 70’s Steelers, when they won 4 Lombardi’s and the Triple Crown 3 times.

They actually all had pee fetishes so it was all above board.

Here’s the show if anyone is interested. Rob Parker and Trollin as their go to Belichick experts :D

They talked to Eric Ratgini and didn’t ask him the obvious questions about spygate? Lol

29:30 the snow plow game and that’s why us New England fans just shrug at spygate and cheating. Lol.

Spygate was definitely Bill pushing the envelope and it was unnecessary but Brady wasn’t told the defensive play calls in real time Lolol. And BB was the true mastermind of deflategate Brady was just his fall guy lmao. And the Bengals taping that was Bill’s fault too and the Patriots have no integrity for keeping him employed :D :D :D

How can they get away with broadcasting this nonsense without being sued for libel?

Last edited:
the stealers were all doing steroids but no one cares cuz it wasn't the pats.
Now that topic would be a great one for a show called Dark Side of Football. We’ll never see it though. The Steelers are the franchise beyond reproach not the Pats.

Now that topic would be a great one for a show called Dark Side of Football. We’ll never see it though. The Steelers are the franchise beyond reproach not the Pats.

Pretty sure we’ll see a steroid episode. It’s just that the defense is “well everyone was doing it.”

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Was the beginning Rob Parker.
That was Eric Metcalf who played for Bill in Cleveland but Rob Parker was all over this show and allowed to put his anti-Bill, Brady and Patriots takes out there unchallenged. Tells you what this was all about.

rob parker is just another bitter nyer triggered by the pats success and the fact that bb refused to coach his favorite childhood home team. the ny ego says "how dare bb refuse to coach a ny team and go to boston instead". his opinion is biased and meaningless. he's just a mouthpiece for all 12 jete fans.

Last edited:
Regarding the snow plow game, it's funny how the same people who claim all Patriots fans are bandwagon jumpers who showed up in 2001 also believe those same fans were around 20 years earlier and wholeheartedly approved of "cheating" with a snow plow.

Reactions: sb1
Regarding the snow plow game, it's funny how the same people who claim all Patriots fans are bandwagon jumpers who showed up in 2001 also believe those same fans were around 20 years earlier and wholeheartedly approved of "cheating" with a snow plow.
in rob parker and volins world, if the pats do a play action fake, that's cheating. someone needs to tell those dumb dumbs that the snowplow was perfectly legal and a genius move by ron meyer. suck on it miami.

rob parker is just another bitter nyer triggered by the pats success and the fact that bb refused to coach his favorite childhood home team. the ny ego says "how dare bb refuse to coach a ny team and go to boston instead". his opinion is biased and meaningless. he's just a mouthpiece for all 12 jete fans.
I know Parker is a big Yankees fan but is he a Jets fan too?

I am sure he doesn’t really believe a lot of what he says but that would explain a lot. Seemed salty in this video that BB would leave the Jets like he did.

Last edited:
Rob Parker is a troll guys. There are legit haters of Brady around football but he’s been playing this part for LITERALLY a decade and hasn’t moved off his spot one bit since even when real former haters like Steven A, Shannon Sharpe, and Max Kellerman have given up and now say Brady’s the GOAT and that they’ve surrendered to it.

I know Parker is a big Yankees fan but is he a Jets fan too?

I am sure he doesn’t really believe a lot of what he says but that would explain a lot. Seemed salty in this video that BB would leave the Jets like he did.
parker is a born and bred nyer like kellerman and stephen a hole. to me, that makes their opinions on boston sports wildly biased and totally worthless like the empire state propaganda network they work for. not to mention that other born and bred pos nyer goodell.

Last edited:
I watched it for shots and giggles. It was such a hit piece against Belichick that it was comical. Basically, they found a way to make him being born some kind of cheating scandal.

I don't think they were out to get Bill, but it is just more the style of this series. But seemed like every point of Belichick's career was some kind of controversy or cheating scandal. They overplayed every little incident into something huge. And most of the commentary was very slanted against Belichick.

I was going to try watching but as soon as I saw Rob Parker was involved I said nope I’m out. It is clearly fan service for Pats haters who spent all these years looking for excuses why our team would almost always beat theirs.

Gosh, I wonder what they'd have to say about the Broncos' flagrant cheating of the salary cap.

OT: Football related
Starz (free 7 day trial) is airing a college football flick "My All American" that will tug at your heartstrings.
A combination "Rudy" and Brian's Song" true story about an undersized/overachieving U of Texas football player, Freddie Steinmark.
Production wise....B level at best.....but the story will pull in.
First big football game I cared about as a youngster was 1969 Texas-Arkansas game. I was rooting for Arkansas. It was after that game that Freddie Steinmark’s cancer was diagnosed, he basically played that day on one leg. He is a legend in Texas.

that's funny!!! trollin volin is still pissed the pats got over on the dolphins and his boy shula in the snowplow game.....love it.

His latest doozy is an article about how Julio Jones isn't a fit for the Pats. Even though he's still a good WR and Pats have the cap to make it happen if they want. I humored myself and read it. It was pure cope by him trying to convince himself why the Pats won't do it.

Yes because Belichick absolutely wouldn't want to run this out against teams if he could do a deal he felt was fair to get a #1 WR

Agholor‐-----Henry-OL-Smith----Bourne/Meyers------Jones

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have given this piece any credence but then I saw that they had somehow managed to get Rob Parker, the SPORTS ANCHOR for Action 7 News in Detroit. What a coup. He could soon replace John ( Mr . SOUND OFF) Sears as weekend sports anchor at WHO-TV in Des Moines!!! VICE really went big time for this piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents