PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Press Conference 7:30am (1/8/24)

Feels like it’s Harbaugh if he decides to leave Michigan and then everyone else. Maybe Ben Johnson from the Lions.
Harbaugh is the only intriguing prospect.
But he was suspended 2 different times this year
The “Cheaters“ theme will be in full swing with that move

Maybe I am thinking about this too much but when Josh was here Mac did well. Please, someone tell me that I am being paranoid.
Maybe he'll be the backup, but they absolutely need a QB with their first pick.

I think they keep Bob but Josh as asst HC or QB coach and has influence on the offense either way.
You are probably right
I think Josh still getting paid by Raiders has a play in that
He gets Asst HC title. but does many other things

What a joke. Let’s fix this whole thing by basically restarting exactly where we were 2 years ago. Kraft and Belichick have both lost their ****ing minds if this is true. The same ol, same ol.
Well with Josh, Mac looked like a potential franchise QB. Maybe reuniting with Josh, getting an elite WR in RHJ along with some OL in the draft could make Mac a serviceable enough QB to make a legit playoff run.

I'm in favor of going a new direction but I see a possibility there. Just because McDaniels is a terrible HC doesn't mean he isn't a good OC

Well with Josh, Mac looked like a potential franchise QB. Maybe reuniting with Josh, getting an elite WR in RHJ along with some OL in the draft could make Mac a serviceable enough QB to make a legit playoff run.

I'm in favor of going a new direction but I see a possibility there. Just because McDaniels is a terrible HC doesn't mean he isn't a good OC
I wouldn’t count out Mcdaniels hoping to get the gig when Bill retires.
This is going to cost us Mayo.

10 must go. The first half of 21 only worked because no one had figured him out. McD protected him, but you can’t do that any more, he’s been exposed.

You want Mac starting again too? I have no problem with McDaniels as an OC. I don’t think we’ll get much out of him than middling. Without Brady, McDaniels hasn’t exactly set the world on fire. What I read was him coming back as an Assistant HC. That I’ve got a problem with. Just more guys with a voice in the office without defined roles. It’s just a bunch of lip service ********. Wheres the rumors about front office changes? What are we doing about OC? Where does Mayo fit into all of this? Bringing McDaniels back isn’t going to fix the personnel problems, locker room problems, coaching problems. It’s just right back to where we were 2 years ago. Competitive enough to flirt, bad enough to get stomped.

Howe is one of the most plugged in NE reporters, direct line to Kraft.

I can absolutely see this happening. Bill admits he has ****ed up and gives the keys to the offense fully over to a tandem of Josh and BOB. Josh comes back as QB Coach and Assistant HC, and he brings back some of the guys be poached to Vegas. He and BOB build the staff they’d prefer on offense. Bill cedes final say on personnel to whomever Kraft elects, possibly Wolf, Ziegler or whomever.

Kraft and Bill put a lot of time into McDaniels before he left and they love him and have a lot of faith in him, I could see his return making them both think things are fixable on offense, especially if they are bringing in a new QB.
if we get MickeyD do we also get JimmayG?

Count me on the “Bring back Josh as Assistant HC/QB Coach, plus Mick Lombardi and whoever else, and let him and BOB run the offense and build the staff they want and work in tandem with Bill and the front office on offensive player selection” train.

Josh was not a successful HC but he knows QBs. He is a good choice to help nurture and refine Drake Maye though having a veteran start the season may be wise. Perhaps he would bring Jimmy along again, who might be fine for a few games.

You want Mac starting again too? I have no problem with McDaniels as an OC. I don’t think we’ll get much out of him than middling. Without Brady, McDaniels hasn’t exactly set the world on fire. What I read was him coming back as an Assistant HC. That I’ve got a problem with. Just more guys with a voice in the office without defined roles. It’s just a bunch of lip service ********. Wheres the rumors about front office changes? What are we doing about OC? Where does Mayo fit into all of this? Bringing McDaniels back isn’t going to fix the personnel problems, locker room problems, coaching problems. It’s just right back to where we were 2 years ago. Competitive enough to flirt, bad enough to get stomped.
Yeah I agree that coming in as an assistant HC makes zero sense, especially if BOB stays on as OC.

I prefer a clean slate with a whole new coaching staff and front office but it seems like Kraft wants to stick with Belicheck. I'm just trying to find a sliver of hope on how that could work out lol

Count me on the “Bring back Josh as Assistant HC/QB Coach, plus Mick Lombardi and whoever else, and let him and BOB run the offense and build the staff they want and work in tandem with Bill and the front office on offensive player selection” train.

Josh was not a successful HC but he knows QBs. He is a good choice to help nurture and refine Drake Maye though having a veteran start the season may be wise.
If Josh comes no way Obrein stays.

Josh was not a successful HC but he knows QBs. He is a good choice to help nurture and refine Drake Maye though having a veteran start the season may be wise.
I don't see how Josh and BOB makes sense. It has to be one or the other IMO

They worked together in the past twice. BOB was under Josh and replaced him when he went to Denver. When he got fired, he came back here and replaced BOB who went to Penn State. They have a good working relationship.

I think the plan would be to still have BOB run the offense and have McDaniels focus on the bigger picture - being the QB coach first and foremost, positional coaches doing the right ****, and doing quality control.

Yeah I agree that coming in as an assistant HC makes zero sense, especially if BOB stays on as OC.

I prefer a clean slate with a whole new coaching staff and front office but it seems like Kraft wants to stick with Belicheck. I'm just trying to find a sliver of hope on how that could work out lol
In that case (sliver of hope) McDaniels comes in as Assistant HC/Offense designer. Brings back a bunch of the coaches he took with him. He agrees to stay X amount of years to act as our QB whisperer. Kraft reshuffles whoever the hell has been making the skill position draft picks out and brings in someone else. Team reloads this offseason with a full coaching staff and front office with defined roles and not a lot of multi-roles happening. Draft a qb or two and swing for the fences. 2-3 yr window now in effect.

cfe42e86-cc3c-4d46-a449-81b27ee3a0f7_text.gif

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes