PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Press Conference 7:30am (1/8/24)

there's no rush.

After so many years, a couple of meetings or even more is appropriate.

They might want to discuss the future of his Belichick's sons or other coaches and staff.
There’s no rush…yet, but Bob’s hand will be shown very soon as he will have to make a decision when the season ends. Bill holds a lot of leverage with his final year remaining at $25M. If fired, Bill could very well sign a deal where Bob still picks up 99% of the tab for 2024.

However, there are no attractive jobs available for Bill. As of right now, it sure looks like he’s staying.

I used to love my ex, we had several great years together, but when things got bad, they got very bad. We both knew it was time to move on. Kraft and BB please be like my ex and I. :rofl:

That article doesn't mean **** because it doesn't provide any details for the supposed 2-yr 53M contract. As we all know the devil is in the details. They also offered a 2-yr 73M deal that was really just a 1 yr deal because of void years. This was obviously leaked to Howe just before his reunion back in Foxboro for PR reasons.

This isn't complicated:
1. Brady wanted a multi-year deal.
2. Pats weren't willing to give him one.
3. Brady moved on.

It is what it is. It worked out pretty damn good for Brady. Not so much for the Pats.

First, it was $25m, but how is it insulting when Brady signed for that with Tampa? This is what Brady wanted.

I remember the opposite of you. They were hung up over length of contract in 2020.

But regardless, no one ever wants to talk about the very clear evidence that Brady was trying to join other teams.

Maybe it was all a ruse because Brady didn't want to damage his legacy in New England, and he wanted to have it blamed on someone else. Whatever it's clear he was contacting teams when he had 1 1/2 years on his contract. That's shady
The only thing that's clear is that you're a known liar.

Count me on the “Bring back Josh as Assistant HC/QB Coach, plus Mick Lombardi and whoever else, and let him and BOB run the offense and build the staff they want and work in tandem with Bill and the front office on offensive player selection” train.

Josh was not a successful HC but he knows QBs. He is a good choice to help nurture and refine Drake Maye though having a veteran start the season may be wise. Perhaps he would bring Jimmy along again, who might be fine for a few games.
Ross why do you want to go down the same tried and failed path of recycling these old names? Just out of a sense of comfort? Everyone is a QB whisperer when your QB is the GOAT.

How about bringing in real QB whisperers. Guys that have worked with multiple QBs and had success with them. Executives that didn't flame out in multiple drafts. Blow the whole thing up. It no longer works. How much more evidence do we need than what we witnessed the last 4 seasons?

Howe is one of the most plugged in NE reporters, direct line to Kraft.

I can absolutely see this happening. Bill admits he has ****ed up and gives the keys to the offense fully over to a tandem of Josh and BOB. Josh comes back as QB Coach and Assistant HC, and he brings back some of the guys be poached to Vegas. He and BOB build the staff they’d prefer on offense. Bill cedes final say on personnel to whomever Kraft elects, possibly Wolf, Ziegler or whomever.

Kraft and Bill put a lot of time into McDaniels before he left and they love him and have a lot of faith in him, I could see his return making them both think things are fixable on offense, especially if they are bringing in a new QB.
Come on:

1. Bill isn't admitting that he ****ed up. He already tried to spread the blame to other FO staff in that morning conference: "I'm just part of the process - a lot of ppl involved."
2. He's not giving the keys to his car, boat, houses or office to anyone. This is Bill Belichick we're talking about. That's a pipe dream.
3. How did Josh and the guys he poached fair in Vegas w/ Carr and Garapollo? He got chased out of town before the season was even over. That's how bad they wanted him out.
4. So, Bill is giving up control of the offense and GM duties? You just demoted him to DC. Come on dude, none of this has a snow balls chance in hell of happening.

Let's face it, all of these coaches have been exposed. The same guys that were bragging about being able to win with an average QB have failed miserably here, there, and everywhere. Their magic went poof once Tom left the building. Blow the whole thing up.

One of 2 things will happen:
1. Bill stays as HC/GM with a bunch of BS thrown in to appease the fans.
2. Bill departs (mutually, fired, whatever)

I hope it's the latter.

Last edited:
I want Bill to stick around as HC (only) because, in my opinion, he is still an elite coach but also because of the possibility that it would cause Captain Crunch and the rest of the bitter, irrational, unhappy-with-life Bill haters to have finally suffer emotional breakdowns, greatly increasing the possibility that they would stop infecting this site with their posts.
Lol, you don't seem to post very often since your pro-Mac, pro-Belichick takes went to ****. You turtled yourself into a soft shell where you belong. Glad to see you pop your fat head back up, even if it's just to spill your vitriol, your one and only talent.

Ross why do you want to go down the same tried and failed path of recycling these old names? Just out of a sense of comfort? Everyone is a QB whisperer when your QB is the GOAT.

How about bringing in real QB whisperers. Guys that have worked with multiple QBs and had success with them. Executives that didn't flame out in multiple drafts. Blow the whole thing up. It no longer works. How much more evidence do we need than what we witnessed the last 4 seasons?
Let me answer for him

63743ac3e07bc.image.jpg

Ziggy the Pinhead sucks too! He's one of the reasons we're where we are now!

We should be moving AWAY from the life-long members of Bill's F & Fs Plan like Ziggy & Mickey Lombardi.

Hey I have an idea: Let's give QUALIFIED executives & coaches a chance this time.
You mean like ones that would win more SBs than anyone ever has? Sign me up, do you know any?

How many Bill haters here have slammed him all season for failing to find a franchise LT during to offseason?

"LT WANYA MORRIS, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Amazingly, only two rookies played at least 150 snaps at left tackle this season, Wanya Morris 7) and Jaelyn Duncan. Between those two, Morris graded far higher, albeit with an unimpressive 54.6.

Bill and Matt were right to be unimpressed with the OT class of 2023.
No, no, no. Fans wanted a LT. It’s BBs job to get one. Stop making excuses that there were none. How can you accept that excuse, clearly you are a bill fanboy who wants mediocrity and excuses and don’t have the high standards of the fans who were responsible for all of those championships by complaining about everything. Get with the program man.

If I was unclear at all, my first choice is still to move on from Bill. However, if Kraft elects to keep him, I would feel somewhat OK with it if it included bringing Josh back onboard.

With Vrabel now being freely available, it complicates matters. I am a Vrabel superfan. I have 2 Vrabel jerseys. To say he is my first choice would be an understatement.

I want Bill to stick around as HC (only) because, in my opinion, he is still an elite coach but also because of the possibility that it would cause Captain Crunch and the rest of the bitter, irrational, unhappy-with-life Bill haters to have finally suffer emotional breakdowns, greatly increasing the possibility that they would stop infecting this site with their posts.
Lol, you don't seem to post very often since your pro-Mac, pro-Belichick takes went to ****. You turtled yourself into a soft shell where you belong. Glad to see you pop your fat head back up, even if it's just to spill your vitriol, your one and only talent.

Looks like you were wrong again Fat Boy. Good news is you ...
have finally suffer emotional breakdowns, greatly increasing the possibility that you would stop infecting this site with your posts.

LMAO

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back