PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Highest Paid Coach in North American Sports at $20m per

EGG-ZACTLY, Batman.

BINGO, Troy.

THANK YOU, mgt.

And therein, ladies & gentlemen, lies the snake-ish, Blatant, and Bold-Faced HYPOCRISY of it all.

Why in the world are the Krafts buying what he's selling regarding the sizes of the scouting and ESPECIALLY of the on-field staff when he's getting paid ALL that money... ALL BY HIMSELF?!?

Ol' Bobby oughta heed Jed Clampett's advice and have hisself a looonng talk wit' that boy...
Why in the world? I can't think of any reason it's a mystery to me. I can't think of 1 reason you'd think if he were any good someone could come up with at least 6 reasons. I mean that can't be hard.
fvbhh39d66gmp5jwbob0.jpg

I just dont see why when a player is up for a contract, the team bases it off of their future, but for the coach its based off of the prior 20 years...Theres no consistency
Because players get older and slower.

Coaches just don’t forget how to coach.

You don’t think Belichick would have the Bills 12-0 right now?

Certainly not with the staff he’s put together here.

Bill himself is the best coach in the league, but he’s been allowed to cut down the staff to having people he likes around him in key positions based on relationships but not abilities. This is where Bill has massively screwed up. His own nepotism, not his ability as a coach.

All this tribal negativity because things aren't perfect. Heck, I've been among the first to label this season BB's worst coaching effort in 23 years mostly because of the Patricia/Judge fiasco. But I wouldn't call for the man's head just quite yet. How quickly we take for granted that since he got here in 2000, only 2000 and 2020 saw losing records. Now the Patriots are 6-6, certainly preferable to "wunderkind" Sean McVay's Rams at 3-9.

This year's team has been shockingly mediocre for no good reason, IMHO. Still, BB -- GOAT football coach -- has more than earned the right to do what he feels is needed to set things straight for 2023.

Is this the correct figure for his remuneration of services to the Pats?? We have always heard rumors, not sure this is the definitive number.

If there was an effort to quantify this salary, BB has won more Super Bowls that Carroll, McVay, Tomlin, Reid and Harbaugh ( the next 5 coaches on this list) combined. If this reported salary is true, he is worth it.

I love Bill and wouldn't take any other HC over him but got damn he blew this season with Patricia.

Really? Coaches don’t get older, lose mental capacity? How many coaches have done anything over 70? The answer is literally none…ever wonder why?

There's no consistency because they aren't comparable, it's an apples to oranges situation. For a front office player contracts come down to managing the finite resource that is the NFL salary cap. Every player contract has an impact on the cap but coach's salaries don't take so much as a penny from it.
The salary cap is easily manageable, and the owner still has a budget…that 20 million per year 100% affect what Robert is willing to spend on the franchise, that’s why you hear Robert talk about the money he spent a couple years ago…he doesn’t talk about the cap he spent. He runs a business

That too. But hopefully people remember that brady didnt win games like this one back then

He was the runner up MVP in 2003, might want to rethink this comment…the Patriots and Bill had the luxury of playing with an elite quarterback essentially since the day Brady walked onto the field

You guys who are ready to move on are in for a nasty surprise when he retires (hopefully a few years down the line).

He deserves to be the highest paid coach, especially considering he is also the GM.
I would say "He DID deserve........", but that was in the past.

Certainly based off his performance this season he certainly does not deserve to be.

Wouldnt give Brady 2/50 hahahaha, that is pretty funny

Bill Belichick should be the highest coach in North America. I'm not a snowflake...I will forever appreciate the success he brought us.
I'll always appreciate the success brady and BB brought us. BB helped create a culture of winning, accountability and work study for players at thier Kraft.

However as brady has shown us by leaving and immediately winning another title for a totally different organization, that had none of the accomplishments and culture he was in for 19 seasons.

TALENT when a coach has it makes it very easy to coach. Look at the eagles they trade for a beast at WR in AJ brown , and his success gets the titans GM fired.

BB is paid as he should be for past accomplishments with of course brady. Until we get back to a play-off caliber team or even look like an NFL caliber offense the critism will be there!

At this point, going back a few years now, there have just been far too many unaccountable, downright weird at times, terrible decisions on the part of Bill Belichick. I won't list them all. You know what they are.

When I see Bill these days, I see a different guy. His methods, at least to the extent that he still has the stamina to stick to them, no longer work; and at his age, it's just not in the cards to change them. (I'm older than Bill: I know the feeling.) What seems like stubborness, or firmness of resolve if you like, is really just desperation, even a sense of being a little lost. You see it in his eyes. You see him unable at times to play quite the angry bear he once did.

I think it's time for Bill to go. When I retired, I knew it was time to go: I think Bill knows as well. I hope it can be managed in a way that honors his past accomplishments, and I'll be an eager participant in celebrations of his accomplishment after the fact, but it must be done.

Bill Belichick should be the highest coach in North America. I'm not a snowflake...I will forever appreciate the success he brought us.
These people.
Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

We are all but assured of having a guy that will not know the rules or the game as well as Bill does. I am grateful that we had both Bill and Tom here for 20 years.

All this tribal negativity because things aren't perfect. Heck, I've been among the first to label this season BB's worst coaching effort in 23 years mostly because of the Patricia/Judge fiasco. But I wouldn't call for the man's head just quite yet. How quickly we take for granted that since he got here in 2000, only 2000 and 2020 saw losing records. Now the Patriots are 6-6, certainly preferable to "wunderkind" Sean McVay's Rams at 3-9.

This year's team has been shockingly mediocre for no good reason, IMHO. Still, BB -- GOAT football coach -- has more than earned the right to do what he feels is needed to set things straight for 2023.
The Office Thank You GIF

I do not believe that Bill is beyond criticism. They have looked outcoached more times this season than at any point during the dynastic runs. Combined. My concern is that he wants to be around "his guys" more than he wants to bring in the "right guys". I am willing to hold my nose and see how he rebuilds the staff for next year at this point before we bring in yet another offensive scheme for Mac to learn. (not that Patricia brings anything to the table).

This year's team has been shockingly mediocre for no good reason
Huh?
No good reason?
Seriously?

Years of horrible drafting
Horrible Brady succession plan
A 2021 offensive spending spree on players that make virtually zero impact on the 2022 team
A stable of coaches acquired at the Friends & Family sale (BB: Hey look at this shirt, it's 95% off. Sure it won't fit and the style is from the 50's, BUT WHAT A BARGAIN.......I'm gonna get two"
etc
etc
etc

Note: THERE IS A COMMON DENOMINATOR
Still, BB -- GOAT football coach -- has more than earned the right to do what he feels is needed to set things straight for 2023.
After how many years will the BB ball washers keep rolling out the "BB has earned the right" blather.
Next year will be YEAR 4 of "setting things straight"

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back