PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Dominance Among Peers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that Jamoke also benched Flutie after going 6-3 for Eason to collapse the Pats at the end of 1988.

It gets worse.

When Kiam finally fired Berry, and Eason was finally, mercifully released to have a cup of coffee with the Jets and then exit football, not-the-Victor failed to keep Flutie here.

So, while Doug went north of the border for the prime of his career winning titles, MVP's and setting records that will never be broken, we remained to crash land in the inevitable financial collapse that had been looming for fifteen years, and losing more games the next season than we won in the next four seasons combined.

Heh.....he said that when he was already on another team......my guess is that this is the first time you’ve heard of the idea of saying the right thing.....the truth comes out in the heat of the moment, not when you’re in another dimension

So no.......you are wrong......and don’t bother trying again....you’ll just be wrong again.....BB did not give his team the best chance to win the super bowl against the eagles

Wow I can’t believe BB said this about himself

How do you know Rowe was kept out of the loop? Rowe stated this publicly? He said he wasn't prepared? Show me where he said that.

Sounds like you are the one making some assumptions without facts.

I don't know HOW MANY TIMES you need to see it - - it's been posted several times already in this thread, but here ya go again:

Devin McCourty: 'We never really knew' Malcolm Butler wouldn't play in Super Bowl LII

"....McCourty’s latest comments are in line with what a number of Patriots players said after the game. Eric Rowe said he’d been practicing at the No. 2 role all week. Bill Belichick also clarified that Johnson Bademosi had been working in the No. 3 spot at practice. That left Butler as the odd man out. But no one but Belichick seemed to know the cornerback would get zero defensive snaps. Butler played just one snap on special teams.
That wasn’t the plan,” Rowe said during a postgame press conference after the team’s 41-33 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. “It wasn’t official until kickoff.”
Rowe said he had “no idea” why Butler didn’t play — just like the rest of America.....
."

Last edited:
In Bill's estimation, for whatever the reason (persistent flu/didn't do what he needed to do to be ready, team rules, punched BB's kid) Malcolm was not ready to play in the Super Bowl. Malcolm even admitted as such.

Yet he made Butler active for the game because he was so handsome in the uniform?..........

Look, you keep making the same arguments, while ignoring the same facts.

Last edited:
He owes everyone else putting the team in the best position to win the game.....he did not do that

B-I-N-G-O

He definitely owes Tom Brady who set the all-time game record for a SB with 505 yards completed, who at 40 was out there putting his body and soul into a 19 game season, for the reasons why he discetionarily deep-sixed his Defense in the face of the legendary Nick Foles after all the work at the last moment.

I'm not Robert Weathers, so I won't state it with false certainty, but I would imagine that some of the rumors of the pre-2018 offseason tensions between Brady and BB were sourced from that very Super Bowl decision.

Google it. Ive published that quote here multiple of times.

I guess the rules are different for you than the people with whom you are discussing.

Post #83 - Robert Weathers:
"How do you know Rowe was kept out of the loop? Rowe stated this publicly? He said he wasn't prepared? Show me where he said that."

.....and I subsequently did - - unlike you who wrote "Google it".

Facts, again. It is what it is.

It gets worse.

When Kiam finally fired Berry, and Eason was finally, mercifully released to have a cup of coffee with the Jets and then exit football, not-the-Victor failed to keep Flutie here.

So, while Doug went north of the border for the prime of his career winning titles, MVP's and setting records that will never be broken, we remained to crash land in the inevitable financial collapse that had been looming for fifteen years, and losing more games the next season than we won in the next four seasons combined.

It got us to Kraft - - so, in retrospect, I'll take it!!!!

Well, benching a dressed and ready Butler in SB 52 comes to mind........I still want an explanation for that. .

I sorta agree, however I will wait for the post retirement tell all book to explain what went into that decision... "he was not ready", "he was not focused", "he swore at Steve Belichick" etc. no idea of why he did it, but there is more to this story that what we know which is based on speculation.. as much as I believe that decision hurt the Patriots, will await specific details before I judge.

Either way he is the greatest NFL coach of all time... when the time comes there will be the "he was a cheater" crowd out their chanting their bullcrap.

Heh.....he said that when he was already on another team......my guess is that this is the first time you’ve heard of the idea of saying the right thing.....the truth comes out in the heat of the moment, not when you’re in another dimension

So no.......you are wrong......and don’t bother trying again....you’ll just be wrong again.....BB did not give his team the best chance to win the super bowl against the eagles
Which makes what he said even more plausible. Malcolm let them down.

You are wrong so don't try again.

I guess the rules are different for you than the people with whom you are discussing.

Post #83 - Robert Weathers:
"How do you know Rowe was kept out of the loop? Rowe stated this publicly? He said he wasn't prepared? Show me where he said that."

.....and I subsequently did - - unlike you who wrote "Google it".

Facts, again. It is what it is.

So what if I told him to Google it. I've posted that article 10 times here. Do you need a Mod to referee a debate?

We've covered this already. Seems you glossed over it.

Saying he was going to start 5 minutes before the game is not the same thing as not knowing what adjustments to make. Do you understand the difference between facts and assumptions?

Last edited:
Yet he made Butler active for the game because he was so handsome in the uniform?..........

Look, you keep making the same arguments, while ignoring the same facts.

I'm repeating myself now.

Moving on.

I don't know HOW MANY TIMES you need to see it - - it's been posted several times already in this thread, but here ya go again:

Devin McCourty: 'We never really knew' Malcolm Butler wouldn't play in Super Bowl LII

"....McCourty’s latest comments are in line with what a number of Patriots players said after the game. Eric Rowe said he’d been practicing at the No. 2 role all week. Bill Belichick also clarified that Johnson Bademosi had been working in the No. 3 spot at practice. That left Butler as the odd man out. But no one but Belichick seemed to know the cornerback would get zero defensive snaps. Butler played just one snap on special teams.
That wasn’t the plan,” Rowe said during a postgame press conference after the team’s 41-33 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. “It wasn’t official until kickoff.”
Rowe said he had “no idea” why Butler didn’t play — just like the rest of America.....
."
Read what you just posted again, again and again and figure it out for yourself.

Yes it does. You are wrong. Malcolm let his team down

No it doesn't. you are wrong. BB did not put his team in the best position to win the game. He had the option to put him in the entire game, he did not.....he was standing there the entire game, ready to go.....he could have been used and he was not......100% on the coach that he was not in the game.

No it doesn't. you are wrong. BB did not put his team in the best position to win the game. He had the option to put him in the entire game, he did not.....he failed and so does your argument.
Yes it does. You are wrong. Malcolm was not ready to play. He said it himself. To put a player in a a game when he is not ready is gross negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News