PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Dominance Among Peers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 50/50 on the decision to go for it on 4th and 13 in SB 42. On one hand, the percentages say to punt or try a long fg. Especially against that defense. Odds of making it weren't great.
It was less than fifty yards.

Indoors.

On turf.

Ghost was fine.

That's a commonly made FG in 2008.

The expression on my face then remained that way, except when we pulled ahead late.

The Golden Rule: "Never give away points to the other team."

It was less than fifty yards.

Indoors.

On turf.

Ghost was fine.

That's a commonly made FG in 2008.

The expression on my face then remained that way, except when we pulled ahead late.

The Golden Rule: "Never give away points to the other team."
Yea thats one I think Bill would want to have a do-over on that one.

He runs the entire operation too. He's more like a CEO than a coach.

God bless Brady, but had it been Brees, or Manning, or Rodgers + Belichick, the Pats would still have rings.
No way. Which Super Bowl did the Patriots win by so comfortable of a margin that you could take away the greatest QB of all time and still win it?

The only real questionable decision BB made was the Butler benching.
507dc8037689e.image.jpg

What else is he supposed to do? Send Peterson an email on Tue saying Malcolm was sick and hes running with the 2nd teamers? Ensuring your opponent isn't aware your starting CB went into the tank is smart.

Malcolm appreciates you blind support.

So you think telling Rowe a day or before the game was equivalent to telling the Eagles Head Coach.

Wow, that's some Olympic level long jumping, Robert.

So you think telling Rowe a day or before the game was equivalent to telling the Eagles Head Coach.

Wow, that's some Olympic level long jumping, Robert.

It's not just Rowe. Other players. Press. Everyone is a potential leak. I don't think you understand the information flow.

Even if we go with the premise Butler plays, that doesn't guarantee a Pats win. There were four other key plays that stuck out to me:

1. Cooks and his bizarre leap. Simply an amateur move from a guy who has lost two straight SB's now. That set the tone for some missed opportunities offensively in the 1st half.

2. Brady drops the pass to him. Hit him in the hands. Even he admitted it needs to be caught. He catches that ball 99 times out of 100.

3. Gost. Nough said. His missed XP is the reason the Pats would've had to go for 2 at the end.

4. Brady strip sack. The bottom line is there were 2 minutes left. Brady had the ball. Mason screwd up too. But this play essentially ended the game.

BB shares some of the blame. But doesn't deserve most of it. It just wasn't meant to be. But the Patriots likely get their doors blown off in SB 36 with any other coach on their sideline. And there's zero chance the Rams are held to 3 points with a coach other than BB on the sidelines.

Wow. All 4 of your points are about an Offense that scored 33 points that night.

'Aside from that,that how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?'

Hullo? The problem in losing 40-33 to Nick Foles/LeGarrette Blount was not the Offense.

As I said earlier, BB is the greatest thing to happen to New England sports since Walter Brown/Red Auerbach. His singular genius won SB 36 AND SB 53. But humans are human. Not perfect. He screwed the pooch that night. Still doesn't take away from him being the greatest coach of all time in American sports.

Manning or Brees in Foxboro in January? Not from what I have seen.

Um, I know one who wouldn't bench a first-round pick for an astronomically superior in every way experienced proven 5th round pick
from-left-new-england-patriots-tony-eason-raymond-berry-and-reserve-picture-id902679168

Yeah, that Jamoke also benched Flutie after going 6-3 for Eason to collapse the Pats at the end of 1988.

It's not just Rowe. Other players. Press. Everyone is a potential leak. I don't think you understand the information flow.

He and the Defensive staff tells Rowe, Gilmore, McCourty, Chung and Harmon. They nod and keep their mouths shut. This is the New England Patriots.

That would have been information flow. What on earth else are you imagining?

It didn't necessitate a call-in to Good Morning Football.

Manning or Brees in Foxboro in January? Not from what I have seen.

Hothouse Petunias, both of 'em. They both played in domes in divisions with other domes/warm weather venues.

Rule #1:

NEVER GIVE DAK PRESCOTT $40M

The only real questionable decision BB made was the Butler benching.
See the end of the 2015 season where they only needed a win vs the Jets or Dolphins to secure HFA. They came out running the ball even on 3rd downs as is they weren’t trying. They were arrogant thinking they could go back to Denver and beat even though they’ve historically struggled there.

The SB 49 non-timeout was a brain fart by BB, one of his only major in-game Brain farts. He just got bailed out.
Yeah that was a major risk betting on a Coach on the opposite side to be that incompetent not to run the ball again or take a timeout to think about it. Anyone on this board that thought the Pats were going to win that game after the Kearse miracle catch and Lynch run to the 1-2 yard line, you’re lying. You could see the defeat on Brady’s face after that Kearse catch saying something like “not again”.

Rule #1:

NEVER GIVE DAK PRESCOTT $40M
You got me to look at Rotoworld in fear this actually happened.

Dak needs to look up the definition of delusion.

Can’t believe he not only was offered $30M annually, but turned it down. :eek:

Last edited:
You got me to look at Rotoworld in fear this actually happened.

Dak needs to look up the definition of delusion.

Can not believe he not only was offered $30M annually, but turned it down. :eek:

Kill that franchise, kill that franchise, kill that franchise - - - yaaaaayyyyyyy salary cap!!!!!

He and the Defensive staff tells Rowe, Gilmore, McCourty, Chung and Harmon. They nod and keep their mouths shut. This is the New England Patriots.

That would have been information flow. What on earth else are you imagining?

It didn't necessitate a call-in to Good Morning Football.

I don't think you remember the 2017 season. There were more information leaks coming out of Foxboro than a busted water pipe.

Strategically there was nothing wrong with what BB did.

Again, you are blasting BB and not holding Malcolm accountable.

If he had prepared for the game like he had the prior 50+ games, none of this would have happened.

I don't think you remember the 2017 season. There were more information leaks coming out of Foxboro than a busted water pipe.

Strategically there was nothing wrong with what BB did.

Again, you are blasting BB and not holding Malcolm accountable.

If he had prepared for the game like he had the prior 50+ games, none of this would have happened.

You seem to have a lot of inside information.

What actual leaks happened (not media conjecture about Brady/Garropolo) in 2017?

Exactly what did Malcolm do? I have no idea. Neither do you. Only one of us acknowledges that.

Here's what is known - not "belief", known:

1) The Patriots public statement was that Malcolm was ill earlier in the week and flew out a day after the team and by the end of the week was practicing with the team.

2) Postgame BB categorically claimed Butler's benching was not because of disciplinary reasons

2) Pregame on field he was running with the first unit and Rowe was with the backups.

3) He was well enough to play a few ST snaps during the game

4) Rowe publicly stated that he had no idea until kickoff: ""No, that wasn't the plan," Rowe said after the game. "It wasn't official until kickoff. ... I feel for [Butler]."

I get it. You feel BB is perfect in every way and that I have a lot of nerve pointing this out. I'm a huge fan of BB, but I'm not an idolator. When he makes a great move, I praise it. When he does this, or does something like punishing Richard Seymour for going to his grandad's funeral, I criticize him. It is what it is.

When you write "Strategically there was nothing wrong with what BB did." I'll just leave that alone and let it stand for itself.

You seem to have a lot of inside information.

What actual leaks happened (not media conjecture about Brady/Garropolo) in 2017?

Exactly what did Malcolm do? I have no idea. Neither do you. Only one of us acknowledges that.

Here's what is known - not "belief", known:

1) The Patriots public statement was that Malcolm was ill earlier in the week and flew out a day after the team and by the end of the week was practicing with the team.

2) Postgame BB categorically claimed Butler's benching was not because of disciplinary reasons

2) Pregame on field he was running with the first unit and Rowe was with the backups.

3) He was well enough to play a few ST snaps during the game

4) Rowe publicly stated that he had no idea until kickoff: ""No, that wasn't the plan," Rowe said after the game. "It wasn't official until kickoff. ... I feel for [Butler]."

I get it. You feel BB is perfect in every way and that I have a lot of nerve pointing this out. I'm a huge fan of BB, but I'm not an idolator. When he makes a great move, I praise it. When he does this, or does something like punishing Richard Seymour for going to his grandad's funeral, I criticize him. It is what it is.

When you write "Strategically there was nothing wrong with what BB did." I'll just leave that alone and let it stand for itself.
Malcolm played one ST snap. Not a few.

What benefit is it for BB to disclose a player's availability hours/days before the SB? There is nothing wrong with keeping that information private? Do you see a problem with it?

What benefit is it to tell Malcolm he is sitting days/hours in advance? What step on a potential hornets next?

Malcolm is on record as saying he was not dialed in and not prepared to play

NEP starters are never told they are starting. Welker was told he was benched for the "feet" comments minutes before.

I get it. Malcolm was your binky. He could do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back