PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Dominance Among Peers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malcolm played one ST snap. Not a few.

What benefit is it for BB to disclose a player's availability hours/days before the SB? There is nothing wrong with keeping that information private? Do you see a problem with it?

What benefit is it to tell Malcolm he is sitting days/hours in advance? What step on a potential hornets next?

Malcolm is on record as saying he was not dialed in and not prepared to play

NEP starters are never told they are starting. Welker was told he was benched for the "feet" comments minutes before.

I get it. Malcolm was your binky. He could do no wrong.

He couldnt have done any worse than Richards that day. We all knew that schlubb had no right to be on the field unless 3 guys went down with injuries. The simple fact that he us somehow still an nfl employee for the puteid Falcon's doesn't prove anything but their coaching staff's inability to recognize (lack of) talent.

Bench him to start, sure. But after watching Richards run around 3 steps late and unable to lay a finger on a runner for a half you keep his ass on the bench? Im pretty sure everyone knew half way through the 3rd that the first defensive stop likely wins the game, and one of our best CBs is on the sideline watching a 2nd round reach cost him the SB bonus.

Does anyone think Butler would have "competed" enough to dislodge the clement (might be wrong on which td, one where he readjusts and has hands clearly off ball in back of ez) td? There's a whole slew of 3/4th down plays that he very well could have been the difference on. There is no defense for BB sticking to his guns in that situation. Everything clearly pointed to "wtf did Roger put in my orange juice this morning?" level decision making. Maybe he was out kicking it with Josh Gordon and just had to pick that day to eat a massive amount of edibles? Maybe he decided to see what all the fuss about dust is, after all, Hernandez was amazing on the field and he smoked dust constantly. We will never know the true substance of BBs decision that night...

.......What benefit is it for BB to disclose a player's availability hours/days before the SB? There is nothing wrong with keeping that information private? Do you see a problem with it?

What benefit is it to tell Malcolm he is sitting days/hours in advance? What step on a potential hornets next?

NEP starters are never told they are starting. Welker was told he was benched for the "feet" comments minutes before.

Not at all. Malcolm could have done something terrible to deserve the benching. BB has denied in public that he did.

It is still funny that communicating with and prepping Rowe for his role more than five minutes before kickoff equates to some sort of public disclosure "to Peterson (sic)". The irony is that this 'mastermind move' successfully held legendary Nick Foles to only 40 points against our defense. Had somehow this move leaked to Pederson a few days earlier, maybe Foles puts up a 50 Burger????

BTW, the "mystery" of Rowe to the Eagles is hilarious (and yes, they were laughing):

Eagles assistant: 'Crazy' that Patriots benched Malcolm Butler for Eric Rowe

".......And why were the Eagles so confident that Rowe was a liability?
"We had Rowe on our team here in Philly, we knew that was a mismatch," he said...."

Tell us more about how much BB's 'fancy footwork' here was so successful.

Look, I keep giving you objective facts and you keep answering with subjective opinions and unsubstantiated declarations. "It is what it is" MEANS something.

Not at all. Malcolm could have done something terrible to deserve the benching. BB has denied in public that he did.

It is still funny that communicating with and prepping Rowe for his role more than five minutes before kickoff equates to some sort of public disclosure "to Peterson (sic)". The irony is that this 'mastermind move' successfully held legendary Nick Foles to only 40 points against our defense. Had somehow this move leaked to Pederson a few days earlier, maybe Foles puts up a 50 Burger????

BTW, the "mystery" of Rowe to the Eagles is hilarious (and yes, they were laughing):

Eagles assistant: 'Crazy' that Patriots benched Malcolm Butler for Eric Rowe

".......And why were the Eagles so confident that Rowe was a liability?
"We had Rowe on our team here in Philly, we knew that was a mismatch," he said...."

Tell us more about how much BB's 'fancy footwork' here was so successful.

Look, I keep giving you objective facts and you keep answering with subjective opinions and unsubstantiated declarations. "It is what it is" MEANS something.

How do you know Rowe was kept out of the loop? Rowe stated this publicly? He said he wasn't prepared? Show me where he said that.

Sounds like you are the one making some assumptions without facts.

Last edited:
He couldnt have done any worse than Richards that day. We all knew that schlubb had no right to be on the field unless 3 guys went down with injuries. The simple fact that he us somehow still an nfl employee for the puteid Falcon's doesn't prove anything but their coaching staff's inability to recognize (lack of) talent.

Bench him to start, sure. But after watching Richards run around 3 steps late and unable to lay a finger on a runner for a half you keep his ass on the bench? Im pretty sure everyone knew half way through the 3rd that the first defensive stop likely wins the game, and one of our best CBs is on the sideline watching a 2nd round reach cost him the SB bonus.

Does anyone think Butler would have "competed" enough to dislodge the clement (might be wrong on which td, one where he readjusts and has hands clearly off ball in back of ez) td? There's a whole slew of 3/4th down plays that he very well could have been the difference on. There is no defense for BB sticking to his guns in that situation. Everything clearly pointed to "wtf did Roger put in my orange juice this morning?" level decision making. Maybe he was out kicking it with Josh Gordon and just had to pick that day to eat a massive amount of edibles? Maybe he decided to see what all the fuss about dust is, after all, Hernandez was amazing on the field and he smoked dust constantly. We will never know the true substance of BBs decision that night...

In Bill's estimation, for whatever the reason (persistent flu/didn't do what he needed to do to be ready, team rules, punched BB's kid) Malcolm was not ready to play in the Super Bowl. Malcolm even admitted as such.

Malcolm played one ST snap. Not a few.

What benefit is it for BB to disclose a player's availability hours/days before the SB? There is nothing wrong with keeping that information private? Do you see a problem with it?

Naahhhh.....BB blew that Super Bowl single handedly......it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks now.....by playing Richards over butler, BB did not put his team in the best position to win the game.....case closed, end of story.....the reasons behind it? Who gives a **** at this point

In Bill's estimation, for whatever the reason (persistent flu/didn't do what he needed to do to be ready, team rules, punched BB's kid) Malcolm was not ready to play in the Super Bowl. Malcolm even admitted as such.
My initial reaction is that he disrespected/got into an altercation with Steve Belichick somehow but I think that would’ve been leaked eventually.

Naahhhh.....BB blew that Super Bowl single handedly......it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks now.....by playing Richards over butler, BB did not put his team in the best position to win the game.....case closed, end of story.....the reasons behind it? Who gives a **** at this point
Malcolm did.

My initial reaction is that he disrespected/got into an altercation with Steve Belichick somehow but I think that would’ve been leaked eventually.
I never bought that rumor. I think it was a combination of he was legitimately sick earlier in the week, didn't take care of himself and still not 100% on Sunday/ matchup/Malcolm not playing great, and he didn't do everything he needed to get up to speed on the gameplan. Just a perfect storm.

Butler said that he did not know the reason for his benching.

I never bought that rumor. I think it was a combination of he was legitimately sick earlier in the week, didn't take care of himself and still not 100% on Sunday/ matchup/Malcolm not playing great, and he didn't do everything he needed to get up to speed on the gameplan. Just a perfect storm.

That’s not what he said

It’s a shame but the Pats haven’t missed a beat since he left. I think the Pats have the best CB group since 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back