PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick’s voiceover of the World Series opener...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MV5BZmQ4M2MwOGYtNDg3NC00OWU0LWE4NmQtN2RkY2QwMDIxM2E2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI3NTM4MTA@._V1_SY1000_SX750_AL_.jpg

Tunescribe, I scrolled through this thread just to find your post, to see how you coped with the introduction of your accursed enemy in a context where it couldn't be called OT. :)

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a PatsFans baseball thread that you've missed posting on. Your anti-fandom is so impressively deep and committed that you're our most loyal baseball commentator!
Patchick, I fear your tongue has pierced your cheek.

I do not consider them an "accursed enemy," although I will accept being the lone voice in the wilderness on a few fronts regarding my objections to how MLB is administered, the unfair nature of teams bankrolling championships, etc. But what I object to primarily is baseball threads in the football forum and that matter appears solved at least for the time being (you might note my absence from threads originating in this message board's baseball forum).

Believe it or not, I have been watching the World Series. The Bankofamericasox winning it all was a foregone conclusion long ago, thanks to $$$. ;)

Last edited:
He needs to stop narrating stuff. He's garbage at it.
I wouldn't go that far. I didn't think he did a great job on the documentary (it was a little rough at times), but I thought this one was much better. Having done a bunch of these myself, they're harder than you would think. So I definitely think this was a big improvement for him.

I wouldn't go that far. I didn't think he did a great job on the documentary (it was a little rough at times), but I thought this one was much better. Having done a bunch of these myself, they're harder than you would think. So I definitely think this was a big improvement for him.
I don't deny this. I know I'd be garbage at it. Doesn't mean I can't say I think he's garbage at it which is what I feel.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I don't deny this. I know I'd be garbage at it. Doesn't mean I can't say I think he's garbage at it which is what I feel.
That is definitely true, you're certainly allowed :cool:

Who did you want, the guy who does Optimus Prime? James Earl Jones? They already do 99.9% of all voiceovers.

Who did you want, the guy who does Optimus Prime? James Earl Jones? They already do 99.9% of all voiceovers.
Listen, I don't even care. I just looked the video up because it was BB. Since I'm a fan of BB's football prowess, I wanted to see how that narration was. It wasn't good in my opinion. I don't like watching MLB at all, so I don't care on that front.

I do voiceovers a lot, and I prefer listening to someone who sounds like, you know, a person.

Which according to some might also rule out Belichick, but whatever. :)

I do not consider them an "accursed enemy," although I will accept being the lone voice in the wilderness on a few fronts regarding my objections to how MLB is administered, the unfair nature of teams bankrolling championships, etc. But what I object to primarily is baseball threads in the football forum and that matter appears solved at least for the time being

Fair enough! Except...you happily join in when hockey threads are posted to the football forum. ;)

Believe it or not, I have been watching the World Series.

OK, I have to tip my cap---you absolutely floored me with this. Do you have a rooting interest?

(oh, and btw, you're obviously an awesome poster. i just get a kick out of looking for your name in baseball threads.)

Fair enough! Except...you happily join in when hockey threads are posted to the football forum. ;)
That's mostly because hockey playoffs occur during the football off-season.

OK, I have to tip my cap---you absolutely floored me with this. Do you have a rooting interest?
Not really, I have it on because it's a locally oriented event. And since the action is minimal I can get a lot of work done while it's on. Whoever wins/loses doesn't matter much to me. Boston has an advantage because of its high payroll which makes things kind of anti-climactic, and Los Angeles making the series is about as obvious for the same reason. That's why I call our local team the Bankofamericasox, because that chiefly is how their championships are won. MLB team payroll inequities are a farce.

(oh, and btw, you're obviously an awesome poster. i just get a kick out of looking for your name in baseball threads.)
Thanks.

Zero- I mean ZERO emotion = BB

He needs to stop narrating stuff. He's garbage at it.
Can’t believe you said that despite the fact you’re the biggest Belichick supporter in world history

He's no Liev Shreiber - but not bad

Can’t believe you said that despite the fact you’re the biggest Belichick supporter in world history
Something is wrong with you, if you have to like everything BB does. I like the stuff BB does because I genuinely like it.

Makes me wonder, if BB treated the idiotic media the way he does and you were not a pats fan, would you criticize BB constantly? That's ****ed up if you do. That's a real problem in this world. Looking past things just because you like that person or have some loyalty to that person. That's how the sexual predator Peyton Manning gets away with what he's done.

Something is wrong with you, if you have to like everything BB does. I like the stuff BB does because I genuinely like it.

Makes me wonder, if BB treated the idiotic media the way he does and you were not a pats fan, would you criticize BB constantly? That's ****ed up if you do. That's a real problem in this world. Looking past things just because you like that person or have some loyalty to that person. That's how the sexual predator Peyton Manning gets away with what he's done.
I don’t sweat stuff other people do in their personal lives. Nor do I judge before there’s a trial.

I actually LOVE the way Belichick treats the media. The only things that bother me are strange looking people that get on TV

johnclayton.jpg

Listen, I don't even care. I just looked the video up because it was BB. Since I'm a fan of BB's football prowess, I wanted to see how that narration was. It wasn't good in my opinion. I don't like watching MLB at all, so I don't care on that front.
Liked because you didn't fall into blind homerism and I appreciate that.

Liked because you didn't fall into blind homerism and I appreciate that.
Blind homerism is actually THE definition of being a fan (anic) of your team

And I get a real kick out of those that claim “I’m a fan of the sport”:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back