PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big News Day: G Tre' Jackson Waived (and TE Matt Lengel signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Big News Day. Tre Jackson Waived

Pats have increasingly been looking at interior OL in this draft.

It's good to see that they don't consistently try to fit a square peg into a round hole. When it isn't working out, they cut bait and move on. I'm assuming that Jackson's injuries may still be playing a role.

Pats have increasingly been looking at interior OL in this draft.

It makes sense.

IOL
Developmental OT (In other words, this probably waits until next year, and becomes the need for a starter level OT)
DL
LB
Slot CB

That's really all they need to focus on, unless I'm blanking on something/someone

It makes sense.

IOL
Developmental OT (In other words, this probably waits until next year, and becomes the need for a starter level OT)
DL
LB
Slot CB

That's really all they need to focus on, unless I'm blanking on something/someone

Thats how I see it. I think a TE3 might be a possibility. They've been looking at a few OL of late in the draft, both at tackle and on the interior.

Tre just couldn't come on the field. Sadly, but expected after not coming back from PUP for so long..

It makes sense.

IOL
DL
LB
Slot CB

It's a strong draft at safety, and while the free safety role is certainly in good shape, the depth chart at strong safety is Chung, Richards, and Ebner. And given that Chung has been part of the solution at the LB role (with the Pats using an extra DB as a LB), I think they need better depth there.

He was good value in the fourth round and given the offense Mason played in he was the more sure thing than Mason. Looks more like the medical staff was a bit too optimistic given his knee issues.
Tre Jackson was not good value in the 4th round, or in any round. He was a fat-ass, unathletic, injury-prone stiff from Florida State, the same school that produced the injury-prone Bryan (If Bill Wanted a Center Then He Should've Drafted Russell Jethroe Bodine) Stork. Another waste of a draft pick, again. And once again, those who warned that Jackson was a bad pick were proven correct, again, and Bill was proven wrong, again.

It's a strong draft at safety, and while the free safety role is certainly in good shape, the depth chart at strong safety is Chung, Richards, and Ebner. And given that Chung has been part of the solution at the LB role (with the Pats using an extra DB as a LB), I think they need better depth there.

Yup. Should have added that as I have Delano Hill as one of my 'most likely' picks this year. Good spot.

Tre Jackson was not good value in the 4th round, or in any round. He was a fat-ass, unathletic, injury-prone stiff from Florida State, the same school that produced the injury-prone Bryan (If Bill Wanted a Center Then He Should've Drafted Russell Jethroe Bodine) Stork. Another waste of a draft pick, again. And once again, those who warned that Jackson was a bad pick were proven correct, again, and Bill was proven wrong, again.
You gotta stop sugar coating stuff and say what you really mean. :)

...Bill was proven wrong, again.

time to do something about that, huh... and I think Scar even liked those FSU guys... maybe time to clean house! ;)

Chung = Don Davis

He's basically his own position. The Patriots, for the most part, no longer use a real strong safety.

umm...if you bet against every pick in the draft you would make good money...the odds are vastly in your favor...your comment is useless

start calling the correct picks and then we can talk

Bill was proven wrong, again.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of Bill being wrong about everything. When are the Patriots going to wake the hell up and cut bait with this Belichick clown?

And they should put Brady on notice while they're at it, his act is getting old too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back