PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big ESPN shakeup: Jaws is out of MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaws was a good quarterback but I think he's a goofball announcer/commentator.

Tirico is ok at play by play but the more he goes on the more sick of him I get and now with no Jaws to take up some air time he will be talking waaay too much! Gruden is just all positives and the only time he got serious was when Jaws threw something at him. Without Jaworski these two guys will be awful.

They should put Joe Buck, Dan Dierdorf and Tony "I hate the Pats" Dungy in the booth....

and sink it to the bottom of the ocean.

They need to get Joe Buck in there somehow.

Please no. I still listen to FOX games but only because I like Aikman. Cannot stand Buck.

Joe Buck needs to just announce everything. Every sport, every game, public company's earnings, engagements, pregnancies -- you name it.

Triple Dislike

You can tell just from this thread that none of the guys we are talking about really distinguish themselves as football announcers. Basically some of these guys are getting votes for being tolerable with the spectrum of comment going from tolerable to terrible.

For me, Terico is not more than adequate for football. I can tolerate him but just barely. Gruden is just awful. I honestly don't know how anybody can tolerate him. They could just put a tape machine in the booth of past Gruden-isms and you would not be able to tell whether he was actually there or not. One of the other two guys could just hit the play button at the right time and we would never know the difference. Don't have any idea why the network thinks he is anything special as an analyst or color guy.

I thought Jaws was the best of the bunch. To be honest that is not saying very much though. I would blow up the TV if I had to deal with Buck doing football every Monday night.

I really don't know what has happened to football announcing of late. Actually when he was younger I thought Collinsworth was going to work his way into being pretty good. He was critical when guys made bad plays, complimented good plays and his analysis was solid and insightful. Since then it is almost like the networks got to him or something. Now he is pretty awful. Anybody can sit up there and point out the obvious.

I do think Aikman is OK. To be honest I don't like anybody else enough to even mention them.

Maybe some of these other guys should get a shot. I bet Ditka would be interesting to listen to but you would have to put him in the booth with somebody that could remind him which two teams were on the field....what day it was....what city they were in....little details like that.

Not a big deal. I usually watch with the sound off anyway. I frankly don't know how anyone can listen to those losers.

Jaws is generally excellent at breaking down plays and, when he's not busy tonguewashing the two starting quarterbacks, he's often giving interesting insight into trends of that particular game or something else he's noticed.

Gruden, on the other hand, is just busy saying "that guy....".

Jaws is generally excellent at breaking down plays and, when he's not busy tonguewashing the two starting quarterbacks, he's often giving interesting insight into trends of that particular game or something else he's noticed.

Gruden, on the other hand, is just busy saying "that guy....".

Greetings,
I remember him trying to hype up Tyler Palko in the MNF game against the Patriots like he was something to have huge concerns about. He said something along the lines of "You know he must be good if he forced Joe Flacco to transfer". Gruden tries to convince everyone that every player is an All-Pro.

Celticboy04

Jaws and Gruden are pretty much the same guy, it gets irritating hearing them both ball wash every QB and offense for makeing simple plays we see every week

I remember when everybody used to hack on Don Meredith and Howard Cosell back in the formative MNF days...

isn't it funny that if they were doing the game today, they'd be the highest rated , most respected commentator/color men in NFL history.

Jaws would be better off doing a 2 hr NFL match up show on NFL Network. Instead of featuring a good football show they bury it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings,
I remember him trying to hype up Tyler Palko in the MNF game against the Patriots like he was something to have huge concerns about. He said something along the lines of "You know he must be good if he forced Joe Flacco to transfer". Gruden tries to convince everyone that every player is an All-Pro.

Celticboy04

I agree. But what is he going to say? It's MNF. He's not going to say well this will be pretty boring because one starting qb is the backup.. they need audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes