PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big ESPN shakeup: Jaws is out of MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to get Joe Buck in there somehow.

Probably because Jaws dropped an S bomb on air. He was the lesser of three evils. I don't even know why Tirico is on there. He needs to stick to basketball.

They need to get Joe Buck in there somehow.

Joe Buck needs to just announce everything. Every sport, every game, public company's earnings, engagements, pregnancies -- you name it.

I don't get this one, since he was the only person in that broadcasting crew who was worth listening to.

Agree... his fact-based analysis trumped the silly knee-jerk seat-of-the-pants analysis that Gruden always threw out there. More Chucky = more of the mute button for me.

Joe Buck needs to just announce everything. Every sport, every game, public company's earnings, engagements, pregnancies -- you name it.

I'm sorry, no.

I would not mourn if Joe Buck developed a permanent case of laryngitis.

I don't mind Tirico, solid play-by-play. To Me Gruden and Jaworski are the same guy. They both have basically the same role on the show.. maybe this will tone down the overall ball washing those two go over the top with. I absolutely cannot stand Joe Buck.. right there with Dierdorf as most annoying voice in the business IMO.

Gruden is going to have to step up his QB ball washing this year. Jaws will leave a big void in that area. Jaws is a great analyst, bu a crap color guy.

I'm neutral on Tirico, Jaws and Gruden both bug me. In general, I prefer two in the booth over three (I'd prefer 1 or 0...), so I guess this is an improvement

Greetings,
It seems like whenever a player makes a big play in a MNF game or has a big game, no matter how inconsistent he is or how bad of a player he is Gruden acts like the guy deserves a Pro Bowl spot or All-Pro credidentials.

Celticboy04

Last edited:
I want Herm Edwards in the booth!

I'm sorry, no.

I would not mourn if Joe Buck developed a permanent case of laryngitis.

Buck and Aikman are the best announcers in the NFL. Lemme gues, you like Simms and Nantz?:bricks:

My first reaction was, geez, he was kind of part of my Monday Night routine...so, maybe the suits at ESPN just wanted to shake things up a bit.

I'm ok with it...just no more Dennis Miller experiments please!!!!!!!

Maybe they'll put Tedy Bruschi in there

Who cares?

I've never watched a game or not watched a game b/c of the announcers. They could have no announcers and I'd still watch.

I don't know or care what others think, Gruden and Jaws were/are 2 of my favorite announcers. Tirico is whatever, I don't really have an opinion on him. I did really like Jaws though, I felt he was fair to all sides and gave an objective view of the game. Gruden can be a handful but he's easily the most entertaining.

I blame Jaws for coming up with the phrase "Blueprint to beat the Patriots", even though I am not positive he was the first one to say it. However, besides that, I found him tolerable. I can't stand Tirico...if you're going to axe anyone it should have been him.

Jon Gruden: "Man, do I love what (insert player or coach) is doing right now!" X 3 1/2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes