PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 WR/PTP Thread

WOW! I am impressed. Tank Dell is not listed. What happened?
He just named a few to start with.. He didn't list every WR he's high on... *SMH*

WOW! I am impressed. Tank Dell is not listed. What happened?
Tank Dell resting in a good place next to my heart. :) I hope the Patriots like him enough to Draft him they are very familiar with his School.

Yeah Ok when BB Drafts Zay Flowers you'll bend like the prevailing wind.
No, I don't want to draft a 2nd rate talent up at #14

It's absurd that your love for a WR would spend draft capital on guys who are absolutely not worthy

No, I don't want to draft a 2nd rate talent up at #14

It's absurd that your love for a WR would spend draft capital on guys who are absolutely not worthy
Neither You or I know BB value on a player Jordan Richards in the Second Cole Strange in First for example. Yeah news flash the Patriots are enamored with Zay Flowers.

Neither You or I know BB value on a player Jordan Richards in the Second Cole Strange in First for example. Yeah news flash the Patriots are enamored with Zay Flowers.

Nerwsflash: You have No clue whether or not the Patriots are "enamored" with Zay Flowers. All you have is your wishful thinking based on guesswork reports from the media.

Cole Strange was rated as a late 1st rounder by at least 5 teams. Not just the Patriots. It's pathetic that you mention Jordan Richatrds in the same breath as Cole Strange.

Nerwsflash: You have No clue whether or not the Patriots are "enamored" with Zay Flowers. All you have is your wishful thinking based on guesswork reports from the media.

Cole Strange was rated as a late 1st rounder by at least 5 teams. Not just the Patriots. It's pathetic that you mention Jordan Richards in the same breath as Cole Strange.
Boy I was waiting for your customary 40 lashes DB the negativity.:(

OK, so you're comparing Flowers to Jordan Richards and Cole Strange and you're in favor of taking him? And you know they are enamored?

I don't want a 5'9" shrimp with middling speed. I could find that guy in the 5th round.

OK, so you're comparing Flowers to Jordan Richards and Cole Strange and you're in favor of taking him? And you know they are enamored?

I don't want a 5'9" shrimp with middling speed. I could find that guy in the 5th round.
I'm going watch paint dry now you put words in peoples mouth bad habit.
Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Aurora Consulting - EIDL Consulting

I'm going watch paint dry now you put words in peoples mouth bad habit.
Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Aurora Consulting - EIDL Consulting
What in the world is your point?

Mine is obvious: he's not good enough to be selected early.

What in the world is your point?

Mine is obvious: he's not good enough to be selected early.
Please tell me upstaterDAMUS you saw the Cole Strange selection coming last year?? To be honest I didn't but I am waiting for your response...
Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

Please tell me upstaterDAMUS you saw the Cole Strange selection coming last year?? To be honest I didn't but I am waiting for your response...
Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live
Seriously, you dish it out but can't take it. Very prickly. You can say I will back BB when he picks Zay but then you get all pissy when I "put words in your mouth." Look in the mirror friend. Dont get so uptight.

And as for Strange, you are surely confusing me for someone else because I've never strayed from what I thought then or now.

And lastly, because you chose to make this personal just to up the drama like a soap opera, can you take this back to football?

Zay is teeny, not especially fast for his size, so why would you ever take a guy like that with the #14?

Show me a short 4.45 40 guy who has ever gone that early in the history of the NFL?!?! I'll give you credit if you do.

Boy I was waiting for your customary 40 lashes DB the negativity.:(
You're confusing me with the likes of yourself and Capt. Stone. I deal in facts. You should try it sometime.

Show me a short 4.45 40 guy who has ever gone that early in the history of the NFL?!?! I'll give you credit if you do.
I'll say Waddle at #6 since he didn't have an official 40 Combine time. He's only .2" taller than Zay. We can speculate about his speed and previous unofficial clockings (4.37), but the Combine is a different story, especially recovering from his injury - I'd love to know what he can run after fully recovering from hurting his ankle like that. There are guys who've been hand or even "laser timed" before the draft in the 4.2x's that end up >=4.4. To your point, though, Zay's 4.42 is fairly good... imho not anywhere near #14 good.

I'll say Waddle at #6 since he didn't have an official 40 Combine time. He's only .2" taller than Zay. We can speculate about his speed and previous unofficial clockings (4.37), but the Combine is a different story, especially recovering from his injury - I'd love to know what he can run after fully recovering from hurting his ankle like that. There are guys who've been hand or even "laser timed" before the draft in the 4.2x's that end up >=4.4. To your point, though, Zay's 4.42 is fairly good... imho not anywhere near #14 good.
Thank you. I didn't realize Waddle was so short. He is, however, faster than Flowers. That 4.37 time was actually run at the NFL Combine in 2017. Waddle was in high school at the time.

Thank you. I didn't realize Waddle was so short. He is, however, faster than Flowers. That 4.37 time was actually run at the NFL Combine in 2017. Waddle was in high school at the time.
Interesting - where's your source for the 4.37 at the NFL Combine in 2017? The only one I can find is a super sketchy site that's all over the place with info. That being said, it's a silly comparison for me to make because Waddle is flat out fast, peaking at 21.8mph (7th fastest ball carrier in 2021) and 21.68mph (6th fastest in 2022), so he certainly didn't lose speed from the injury. Incredible, though, that he was drafted that high given his relative lack of production in college. Certainly worth that pick though.

Interesting - where's your source for the 4.37 at the NFL Combine in 2017? The only one I can find is a super sketchy site that's all over the place with info. That being said, it's a silly comparison for me to make because Waddle is flat out fast, peaking at 21.8mph (7th fastest ball carrier in 2021) and 21.68mph (6th fastest in 2022), so he certainly didn't lose speed from the injury. Incredible, though, that he was drafted that high given his relative lack of production in college. Certainly worth that pick though.
LOL, yes I only read the Google search return. That was a wild article.

So the only legit thing I found were Alabama discussions of Henry Ruggs. He ran a 4.27 at the combine. Waddle beat Ruggs in head to head 40s.

Flowers looks pretty good to me. I don't know about #14 good, but he's similar to Marquise Brown or Brandin Cooks in size, and they went 25/20 overall. Maybe a trade down makes him a target around 30-50? The question I have for the first round: Can he play at the level of Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Steve Smith, Tyler Lockett, or Stefon Diggs? I have no idea--and most of them didn't go in the first, with a few in the fifth and sixth rounds--but he's about the same size and athleticism as those guys. That's obviously as high end as it gets for a smaller #1 receiver, and I somehow doubt he hits that level of play. I like him a lot, but I don't know if I could pull the trigger at 14 overall.

I don't see us taking a WR early. I think Flowers is a good fit and will probably be a late 1st early 2nd round pick, but 14 is too early by far.

If we were to draft a WR with our first pick, and assuming we remain at 14, I think JSN is the best fit. Still a little high for him, and I'd rather address the OL, but I think he'd be a nice addition.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back