PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 TE/PTP Thread

Love him he's on my list (just released in main) Hes a bulldog blocker in both the run and pass pro. Takes pride, strong as **** and tested out the gym. Can play a little FB. Good rr for his size although he could definitely be coached up. He's not that fast in terms of play speed but still a mismatch for some LB and able to out muscle smaller DB.

I have a tentative 4th on him rn.

With the signing of Gesicki it would seem that the focus should be on finding a blocking TE in the draft, especially with Henry still on the roster (so far).

Gotta admit though not @14 `TE Dalton Kincaid looks really solid I think he's the best pass catcher from the group Velcro for hands.

There is possibility BB will pick a TE in draft, assuming this position this year looks great. We have got Henry and Gesicki for a one year contract. If our offense will be based on 2 TEs it is time to draft someone. However pick number 14 IMO is too high to draft any of them.
I believe we will draft a CB if we don't trade down. TE position should be addressed in middle rounds.

Dalton Kincaid has something you almost never see from TEs. And that's Elite Body control. His adjustments to the throws are incredible. He really brings a WRs game to the position.
I know I should be way better in terms of discrimination, but in a TE thread seeing "Dalton K" I couldn't help but cringe a fair amount.

With Henry and Gesicki on board I think we are looking at a round 3-4 TE who can sit behind them for a season and then takeover. Likely someone who is an all round TE with decent blocking skills.

@BaconGrundleCandy what's your thoughts on Sam Laporta. Always seems to be open . His fluidity reminds me of Kelce . Should we try to draft him towards end of round 2 . He looks super polished in his highlight reels.

Round two is way too rich for my blood, even the end of it... Wouldn't take him at 76 either, just too many other holes those picks can help fill (LT, CB1, WR1).

Gotta admit though not @14 `TE Dalton Kincaid looks really solid I think he's the best pass catcher from the group Velcro for hands.

Regarding Kollman's choices:

1. I really like Zay Flowers; I feel the the 2nd-best WR in this draft for us... But there's no way I use #14 overall on him.

2. JSN, maybe.

3. No F'n Way I'm using 14 on Kincaid either... Not even on Darnell Washington (my #1 TE).

4. He must mean Gonzo or Porter, my top 2 CBs for us because they're Outside Guys.

He also forgot these two choices: Paris Johnson & Broderick Jones. LOL that signing old, broke-ass Reilly Reiff dictates our draft strategy. Dude sucks now.

Round two is way too rich for my blood, even the end of it... Wouldn't take him at 76 either, just too many other holes those picks can help fill (LT, CB1, WR1).
But what if he explodes like Kelce or kittle or Pitts next year . Would we want to lose such a talent . He is rated lower because he is a TE. He screams elite route running . I like him more than the other TE's . Next year we don't have gesicki or Henry .

WR1 through draft non starter . CB1 is achievable ( Porter /Witherspoon / Gonzalez) at 14.

OT is debatable if Paris Johnson or skoronski are taken before we draft.

So if we can draft Porter at 14 and trade up from 46 to 34 using 4th rounder and take dawaaand Jones with that and again trade up from 76 to late 60s to take sam la Porta , I would be super happy .

And maybe take Andrei iosivas in lower 4th round . He is gonna be this year's version of rookie overperformer similar to Seattle CB Tariq woolen .

Last edited:
Regarding Kollman's choices:

1. I really like Zay Flowers; I feel the the 2nd-best WR in this draft for us... But there's no way I use #14 overall on him.

2. JSN, maybe.

3. No F'n Way I'm using 14 on Kincaid either... Not even on Darnell Washington (my #1 TE).

4. He must mean Gonzo or Porter, my top 2 CBs for us because they're Outside Guys.

He also forgot these two choices: Paris Johnson & Broderick Jones. LOL that signing old, broke-ass Reilly Reiff dictates our draft strategy. Dude sucks now.
Great post. Trade down and take Harrison or Flowers. R2 tall CB. Need Murphy-Bunting or a WR in FA to narrow the choices (holes).

Great post. Trade down and take Harrison or Flowers. R2 tall CB. Need Murphy-Bunting or a WR in FA to narrow the choices (holes).

I would have no problem, at all, with Bill trading down, multiple times perhaps, and receive another Day 2 pick both this year and next year, and then take Anton Harrison somewhere in the 20s.

That sentence is a whole world of double entendre
Too bad his parents didn't name him Indiana.

During dates:

25ebd106025d2781bd3c78c9eade3110--go-vegan-vegan-vegetarian.jpg

But what if he explodes like Kelce or kittle or Pitts next year . Would we want to lose such a talent . He is rated lower because he is a TE. He screams elite route running . I like him more than the other TE's . Next year we don't have gesicki or Henry .

WR1 through draft non starter . CB1 is achievable ( Porter /Witherspoon / Gonzalez) at 14.

OT is debatable if Paris Johnson or skoronski are taken before we draft.

So if we can draft Porter at 14 and trade up from 46 to 34 using 4th rounder and take dawaaand Jones with that and again trade up from 76 to late 60s to take sam la Porta , I would be super happy .

And maybe take Andrei iosivas in lower 4th round . He is gonna be this year's version of rookie overperformer similar to Seattle CB Tariq woolen .
To move up 12 spots in the middle of the 2nd round is going to cost at least a 3rd rounder.

To move up 12 spots in the middle of the 2nd round is going to cost at least a 3rd rounder.
U r probably right ... I am hoping maybe dawand Jones is available at say 38 or 39 and we trade up from 46 using our 4th rounder. Similarly trade up to 65 or 66 from 76 to take Laporta

The more I think about it, the more I think BB and BOB will be tempted by Mayer. I think 14 is too high for him, but he plays every snap and he's got no real weakness. His traits are high level, without being elite, across the board whereas all of the other top TE's have some elite traits but also glaring weakness's.

I wouldn't pick him at 14, but if I could trade down to the mid-20's and still get him, I'd be tempted. There's not much chance he lasts to the second round.

The more I think about it, the more I think BB and BOB will be tempted by Mayer. I think 14 is too high for him, but he plays every snap and he's got no real weakness. His traits are high level, without being elite, across the board whereas all of the other top TE's have some elite traits but also glaring weakness's.

I wouldn't pick him at 14, but if I could trade down to the mid-20's and still get him, I'd be tempted. There's not much chance he lasts to the second round.
As an ND fan, this is how I feel about Mayer as well. I think he'll actually prove to be slightly more dynamic in the NFL where he can't always be the focal point of a defense because he has some weapons around him.

He's not Gronk but he's the closest to Gronk in an all-around capacity that I've seen in a while and he can really allow you to do a lot of creative things with motion and personnel groupings, particularly in terms of mismatches in the run game.

Ma
As an ND fan, this is how I feel about Mayer as well. I think he'll actually prove to be slightly more dynamic in the NFL where he can't always be the focal point of a defense because he has some weapons around him.

He's not Gronk but he's the closest to Gronk in an all-around capacity that I've seen in a while and he can really allow you to do a lot of creative things with motion and personnel groupings, particularly in terms of mismatches in the run game.

Mayer is smaller, slower, and less explosive than Gronk in every tested stat. Maybe his all-around capacity is similar, but Mayer does not stand out in any metric either.

Love the thought, but I would be surprised if Mayer is the guy. Not physically dynamic enough IMO for the Pats in the mid-20s.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back