PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 WR/PTP Thread

Love Williams speed, but how long will it be until he regains that speed post ACL injury ? One year ? Two years ?
I would love to take Williams if he was there at 21 and mothball him for Mac in 2023......but this would be seen as a wasted pick re our needs for this year. I would never last long as a GM :oops:

Love Williams speed, but how long will it be until he regains that speed post ACL injury ? One year ? Two years ?
I'm willing to wait. He is a top 10, blue chip prospect that they are usually out of range for where the Patriots usually pick, The game is changing, and the Pats need to adapt or die. BB's buddy Saban realized this a few years ago and I'm hoping he can convince BB to do the same. It is now geared to offense and play makers. This guy can be a game changer and turn a routine play into something big.
If they pass on him, i think they will end up regretting it for a long time.
Im also hoping they can somehow snag Metchie as well.

I'm willing to wait. He is a top 10, blue chip prospect that they are usually out of range for where the Patriots usually pick, The game is changing, and the Pats need to adapt or die. BB's buddy Saban realized this a few years ago and I'm hoping he can convince BB to do the same. It is now geared to offense and play makers. This guy can be a game changer and turn a routine play into something big.
You talked me into him:D the Patriots' haven't had a WR like that since Moss.:cool:

I would love to take Williams if he was there at 21 and mothball him for Mac in 2023......but this would be seen as a wasted pick re our needs for this year. I would never last long as a GM :oops:
Love the mothball part. :D

Back to your post and it goes without saying the Patriots draft philosophy have to change regarding WR's. IF you crap the bed like they did with Harry...try and try again.

Last edited:
I don't know what they're doing nowadays, but I'm wondering if these docs are doing bio-mech mods like in Book of Boba Fett.

I feel cheated on

So, he's come in shorter than expected, with smaller hands than hyped, and now has run slower and jumped more poorly than Harry. Not the best day for Burks (although on the field he plays a lot faster/more fluid than Harry does). Does he drop out of the 1st with a 4.55?

So, he's come in shorter than expected, with smaller hands than hyped, and now has run slower and jumped more poorly than Harry. Not the best day for Burks (although on the field he plays a lot faster/more fluid than Harry does). Does he drop out of the 1st with a 4.55?
I mean besides that ....

I don't think so. I think his size & tape will win someone over. It's basically him and London for guys with some size. Otherwise after William's speed it's a smaller class of WR.

I mean besides that ....

I don't think so. I think his size & tape will win someone over. It's basically him and London for guys with some size. Otherwise after William's speed it's a smaller class of WR.

I'd personally still take him. I think he'd give us a lot of what Brown and Deebo do, and what we were hoping Harry could do (and does about 5 times a season lol). I just wonder if the narrative shifts after this and he falls a bit. Interesting to consider.

After Pierce just jumped out of the building, I went back to watch more of his games. I'm way out of the loop this year and last, so I'm discovering all the players last minute. I LOVE his releases at the line of scrimmage! He does a great job getting off press and threatening vertically. Legitimately explosive player who instantly shoots up my wishlist as a mid-rounder who could play the X. Extremely intrigued!

After Pierce just jumped out of the building, I went back to watch more of his games. I'm way out of the loop this year and last, so I'm discovering all the players last minute. I LOVE his releases at the line of scrimmage! He does a great job getting off press and threatening vertically. Legitimately explosive player who instantly shoots up my wishlist as a mid-rounder who could play the X. Extremely intrigued!
Yup he's been on my radar and board for a while now. Was on Feldman's freak list. He's an interesting one for sure.

Ran track n field. Huge jumper.

I love his ability to win at the line. Doesn't best around the bush. Strong movements almost explosive. Underrated catch radius and body control. Nice balance. Pretty clean steps coming out his breaks. Physical doesn't mess around he'll box you off the field. Tough blocker. He can play and win inside as well. Plenty of experience working deep routes and the sidelines. Knows his role. He'll stick somewhere.

I'd personally still take him. I think he'd give us a lot of what Brown and Deebo do, and what we were hoping Harry could do (and does about 5 times a season lol). I just wonder if the narrative shifts after this and he falls a bit. Interesting to consider.
I have to look at all the measurements and #'s again. I'm just getting in but I still like him a lot. I think my big focus would be on DL/DB early on but it's all about maximizing Mac and this offense. We got 3 years to really put something and see results so I'm willing to invest in him / the offense.

Yup he's been on my radar and board for a while now. Was on Feldman's freak list. He's an interesting one for sure.

Ran track n field. Huge jumper.

I love his ability to win at the line. Doesn't best around the bush. Strong movements almost explosive. Underrated catch radius and body control. Nice balance. Pretty clean steps coming out his breaks. Physical doesn't mess around he'll box you off the field. Tough blocker. He can play and win inside as well. Plenty of experience working deep routes and the sidelines. Knows his role. He'll stick somewhere.

Thanks, I know you always have the goods.

What can you tell me about Isaiah Weston? He's another player with massive jumps and good size. Looks less polished than Pierce from what I've seen in my short review, but I'm a sucker for explosive athletes.

I've mentioned this before but the 40 is a pet peeve of mine. It's become a fake track meet and prospects are being hurt. I'll never forget Devin Funchess and others. Almost pounding their feet into the ground. It's just not natural for some. Burks wasn't that bad but his release good have been better on the 1st attempt and probably came out his peak too early. Anyway CeeDee Lamb ran a 4.51 30lbs lighter. AJ Brown ran a 4.50 or a tick under. Burks is a little slippery but takes a minute to get going. He ran by SEC defenders including Bama for years. 4.5 at 225 with bad technique in his run isn't bad at all. Would have loved to see him jump 35+ but oh well. Again he won more than his fair share at the catch point. Probably just make a 1st or right under for me.

Bolden has to be a Pat lol 4.6. Moore is very interesting.

Will Austin be the outlier? How many 5'7 WR are killing it in this league? Idk Idk

Thanks, I know you always have the goods.

What can you tell me about Isaiah Weston? He's another player with massive jumps and good size. Looks less polished than Pierce from what I've seen in my short review, but I'm a sucker for explosive athletes.
Phones about to die. Computer geek that messes with building, fixing stuff. Articulate, thinker.

PhysicaI player but needs to be more aggressive overall from blocking to catch point. He's improved a lot but has no niece or feel to his routes. He runs them 100mph like someone is telling him to instead of making it is own. Putting his own touch he tries to win a little too easy at times has to work from los to route and catch point. Good linear runner though he just has no change up all fast balls. He win vertically though and shows decent touch of go routes. Good kid.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back