PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 WR/PTP Thread

Yeah - I'm basically his size, and no way I'd want someone my size on the Pats. I'll root for him as a little guy (like Brandon Banks when he was on the Skins), but not on the Pats.

:rofl: Based on your profile pic, I was afraid I might've gone to far - that's why I added the "Lite." Sorry, dude. Just got too crazy.

Random thing I ran into about Kupp from Oct 2019. Makes me feel better about Jameson or Metchie. I remember Welker didn't really miss a beat (although he had Moss and Gronk - Gronk's rookie year which was Welker's 1st year post surgery was the "off" year).

"Cooper Kupp tore his ACL last season and is faster since his recovery.
Kupp studied video of his form to eliminate the imperfections in his stride. Kupp is now between 1.5 miles per hour and two miles per hour faster than he was before his injury.
“It’s a little crazy,” said Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who performed the ACL reconstruction. “We’ve never had this GPS data until the last few years, but I can tell you that’s typically not the way it goes the first year back. He’s surprising everybody.”"

Yeah I'm seeing a lot more speed readings even just from these Senior Bowl practices. Your post inspired me look up how NextGenStats actually measures these things (Zebra Tech). I guess Zebra's also what's used during the Senior Bowl and the practices. I'm gonna take any other tech used (like Alabama Catapult or even what NDSU used) with a grain of salt.

"The tracking system captures player data such as location, speed, distance traveled and acceleration at a rate of 10 times per second, and charts individual movements within inches. "

All good I love it man

Mac needs a 'Bama Binky in the worst way, but I don't know if I want to use my very first pick on Jameson Whiskey Williams with so many needs on defense... so John Metchie it is at #53?

Mac needs a 'Bama Binky in the worst way, but I don't know if I want to use my very first pick on Jameson Whiskey Williams with so many needs on defense... so John Metchie it is at #53?
Captain, are you thinking of going defense with the first pick, either a big dt, cb or fast lb...best player available? I'm wondering if OT would be in play with our first pick as well.

Captain, are you thinking of going defense with the first pick, either a big dt, cb or fast lb...best player available? I'm wondering if OT would be in play with our first pick as well.
I'm in on the fatties first. Best OT/DT on the board. Would be great to end up at end of Rd1 and top of Rd2 to get both.

We’ll be able to get a good player at pick 85 and maybe even at 120. Better to draft BPA.
I’m thinking Gardner, Chenal, Ridgeway and we could still score a WR like Tolbert or Doubs. Can always trade for a falling player.

I am indeed thinking defense; but first I am thinking trade-BACK... I would try to make one or two very small deals, then from around #24 I would call Jax or Detroit and ask for one of their extra 2nd-rounders... And with those 4 top-100 picks I would target EXCLUSIVELY DE, DT, CB... and John Metchie at #53 if he passes his medical exam... Then with my 4th-rounder I would take the best available LT.

I'm in on the fatties first. Best OT/DT on the board. Would be great to end up at end of Rd1 and top of Rd2 to get both.

I've mentioned this before. I think that this will be determined by what position the Patriots feel will be the best fit for Onwenu. If they feel he's best at RT, then I see the Pats focusing their top picks on the Defensive side of the ball. If they feel that Onwenu is best at LG, then the Pats will be in the market for a OT (think Vollmer) in the 1st who they can start at RT this year and possibly move to LT if they move on from Wynn.

The Pats need IDL and All-Purpose LB badly. The IDL will help take pressure on Barmore, Guy, Godchaux and the LB will help replace what they're losing in what HT brought to the team.

I've mentioned this before. I think that this will be determined by what position the Patriots feel will be the best fit for Onwenu. If they feel he's best at RT, then I see the Pats focusing their top picks on the Defensive side of the ball. If they feel that Onwenu is best at LG, then the Pats will be in the market for a OT (think Vollmer) in the 1st who they can start at RT this year and possibly move to LT if they move on from Wynn.

This is an excellent point. What do the patriot coaches think is the best position for onwenu? If it is right tackle. Maybe they are better off trading Wynn and trying to sign brown to play left table to a two or three year deal?

What about going with Slade Bolden with a later round pick we get as part of a trade down, so we can focus on DL and LB with the early picks? Just seems to me like like we have too many big holes to fill in one offseason, so I’m thinking of focusing on building that defense first, and then adding someone Jones had a rapport with in college to the existing receiving corps. See how it goes this year, and then draft high there in 2023 as needed.

What about going with Slade Bolden with a later round pick we get as part of a trade down, so we can focus on DL and LB with the early picks? Just seems to me like like we have too many big holes to fill in one offseason, so I’m thinking of focusing on building that defense first, and then adding someone Jones had a rapport with in college to the existing receiving corps. See how it goes this year, and then draft high there in 2023 as needed.

We should be able to get bolden as a UDFA,

I think we need DL and CB, and hope that the young LBs emerge. I agree with your plan, except I wonder if it is possible to get a few veteran FA defensive linemen and one 1st round DL draft pick so we can also get a 2nd round WR. Signing FA wide receivers or CBs seems less likely to me than DL. For instance maybe we can get veteran Akiem Hicks or Trey Flowers back (or both), or younger players like Bilal Nichols or Jarran Reed. I would love to hit on two DL rookie draft picks, but JaMarr Chase did greatly help Joe Burrow, so it might be nice to get a #1 WR for Mac.

This is an excellent point. What do the patriot coaches think is the best position for onwenu? If it is right tackle. Maybe they are better off trading Wynn and trying to sign brown to play left table to a two or three year deal?

Yep... But instead of trading Wynn, I would just slide him to LG, his more natural pro position.

Yep... But instead of trading Wynn, I would just slide him to LG, his more natural pro position.

Going to have to restructure some contracts to fit brown under the cap and still have room to sign draft picks.

Going to have to restructure some contracts to fit brown under the cap and still have room to sign draft picks.
We have close to $110M in cap space in 2023 and the cap is going up in 2023, so pushing some cap hits forward is OK.

I am indeed thinking defense; but first I am thinking trade-BACK... I would try to make one or two very small deals, then from around #24 I would call Jax or Detroit and ask for one of their extra 2nd-rounders... And with those 4 top-100 picks I would target EXCLUSIVELY DE, DT, CB... and John Metchie at #53 if he passes his medical exam... Then with my 4th-rounder I would take the best available LT.

Metchie is not that fast, Williams passed by him in receiving yards at AL this year - a good year for Metchie but not great. Looks like a route runner, not a speedster. With his ACL tear and no combine, Metchie might fall to the 3rd round. Not the same, but McGrone fell to the 5th.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back