PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 Rush/PTP Thread

Anderson needs to win the Heisman

Interesting to see Bonitto up there. Dude is like Uche, a versality weapon of Speed Rush and coverage. I like him. Maybe he can make a Transition, but i doubt we have a use for two guys like him since we barely use uche this Season as i expected..

The Point with Anderson is his Production , i don’t know the numbers but just from Watching some Games i feel Hutch has more Sacks etc., this is Not necessarily sth Bad for anderson but experts are looking at „finishes“ in terms of TFL,Sacks etc..as i said i haven‘t looked it up but i watched some bama and Michigan Games and just from a feeling standpoint Hutch had a higher Production. Anderson still is a great Player. Will he declare? Idk

If BB lands Lloyd from Utah in the First i think we should he happy. He Looks Good and the LB corp we have are more Not prototypical ILB. Lloyd combines athletic with run stop/tackling ability. It looks like a good value rn

I really like hall of Houston as a pass rusher for us.

he spent most of this year as a 3 technique, but if moved outside, he could be a beast for us,

in addition, he is strong against the run and could definitely set the edge in the run game better than winovich or uche.

seems like our defense got soft as soon as judon started slowing down. We need more pass rush up front if we are playing zone on the bank end!

Is Hutchison actually better than KT? Hutchison number 1…? IDK about that. I can’t believe I’ve been seeing that in mock drafts

Hasn't been much talk of Travon Walker. Looks like an ideal DE/OLB for the Pats - size, length, run stopping ability, drops into coverage and can get after the passer. I'm interested.

Hasn't been much talk of Travon Walker. Looks like an ideal DE/OLB for the Pats - size, length, run stopping ability, drops into coverage and can get after the passer. I'm interested.
I have Karlaftis above him just as a "keep hope alive" pick bc I love him. Walker is #2 and just as likely if not more to be picked by us than his teammate Davis.

Some of his movements are freaky good.

Is pass rusher the number 1 need for us in this upcoming draft?

A lot of opinions about corner, linebacker, defensive line, wide receiver and offensive tackle, but outside of barmore and judon, who on our roster can actually get to an opposing qb?

Kinnard has won the other one but I can’t find it rn

Doing a PFF mock... Traded #21 to the Loins for #s 32, 66, 238 & their 5th next year)... Gonna grab a DE and have Ebiketie, Drake Jackson, Cam Thomas, Jermaine Johnson, Enagbare & Tra Walker all still available at 32 but likely gone by 66, if not 53... Who Ya Takin'?

Doing a PFF mock... Traded #21 to the Loins for #s 32, 66, 238 & their 5th next year)... Gonna grab a DE and have Ebiketie, Drake Jackson, Cam Thomas, Jermaine Johnson, Enagbare & Tra Walker all still available at 32 but likely gone by 66, if not 53... Who Ya Takin'?

All decent choices so try to trade down again for value

Cam Thomas, Walker and JJ are on my list. Cam Thomas is someone who doesn't get talked about enough.

Enagbare is just too poor against the run.

J Johnson. Good rush- good edge

How does Ronnie Perkins compare to Thomas, Walker, and JJ, would they be a clear cut upgrade in their potential to set the edge and get pressure?

Personally off what I’ve seen at this point I’d love to see the Pats drop from #21 and come up with extra picks in Rounds 2 and 3, hoping for a DT to pair with Barmore, a LB with coverage skills, a CB, and a LG. I see those spots as being higher priorities than DE. If the right WR is available I think I’d go in that direction also before DE.

Love the trade! I would take Logan hall from Houston.

This guy is now on the straight and narrow. Smaller version of Willie Mac. Like him later in the draft if Pats go WR/DL/DB/LB in the first two rounds.
1644763885682.png

This guy is now on the straight and narrow. Smaller version of Willie Mac. Like him later in the draft if Pats go WR/DL/DB/LB in the first two rounds.
View attachment 41123

Big fan. I've been on him and mentioned him for the past two years. Even an outside shot at replacing HT. I see similarities there.

Had a sexual battery charge dropped a few years ago. Nothing since.

Isn’t there some baggage that would need to be investigated before we draft him?
What Bacon said right below your post. Had charges dropped from 2019? incident. Now has a son and supposedly it's keeping him focused. We know how the Pats dislike that sort of conduct but hope he gets an interview to clear the air. He really is a very good player.

What Bacon said right below your post. Had charges dropped from 2019? incident. Now has a son and supposedly it's keeping him focused. We know how the Pats dislike that sort of conduct but hope he gets an interview to clear the air. He really is a very good player.

He did have a good year in the sec. If he does well in the interview process, his skills clearly will get him drafted.

I'm a fan of Arnold Ebiketie. One of the fastest outside rushers in the draft. Very productive in college. Demonstrates very good lean and strength, which is somewhat uncommon for these "athletes" on the edge that often only have straightline speed.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back