PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 QB/PTP Thread

Assuming the Pats are looking for a #3, who would you want?

I've seen Willis mocked as high as 3. Sounds a ridiculous reach in a bad QB class.

Annnnd there goes D'Eriq King, he of Tier 1 Exports apprently :D

Damn dude - you outright chose BB's pick and McD's pick. It's a little scary.
Yea I've got lucky. Since 2018 I'm closer to 25-30 than 20 in terms of identifying patriot-type players but that's with 90-120 prospects. I've liked Zappe though. Uphill battle but he definitely fits here imo.

Damn dude - you outright chose BB's pick and McD's pick. It's a little scary.
Dec 6, 2020
Add bookmark
Bailey Zeppe is fun for a while. Sneaky accuracy & mobility but against 11 NFL players every week? Really crafty with getting the ball from A to B. He's really heady, can anticipate a little. Not afraid of anyone just think physical limitations might be too much. Coached by former Kingsbury guy. Late round/6-7th - udfa type.

I think if you like Trask you have to like Mac Jones? Better arm, mobility & pocket awareness but Trask will still have plenty of buyers imo. Like I would use the word "sneaky" to describe both arms. Both guys had an uphill climb and nothing handed to them. Jones was the apparent at Bama but he knew his role when Tua/Hurts were there. I think both will be on the Pats radar. Jones maybe day 2. Trask late 2, day 3, depending on how much they like him. Both coming from pro styles with lots of hype and talent so I think both go top 75-90. Each check boxes we like imo.

I wouldn't have used a 4th-rounder, or Any-rounder, on Zappy.

If he were available as a UDFA, then terrific... But we had too many other needs - and still do - that could've been addressed at #137.

Except for a D2 guard taken two rounds too soon, we're getting Jack ****ing Squat from our draft class...again.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back