Next Up: at Bills
Pick Results: NE: 83.1% at BUF: 16.9%

Mon
Dec 6th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

BaconGrundleCandy

#1 Mac Jones fan
PatsFans.com Supporter
QB/PTP thread. Hopefully we're just looking and not buying for the next 10 years. That's no fun.

Now this is a very interesting class. Sounds familiar, sure, but this class has a lot of potential. A lot. A lot of these guys have been working through growing pains. Trying to put it all together to put the finishing touches on a resume to one of the 32. More than a few of these guys have impressive tape, traits & potential but still have that haven't gone from A to B with the consistency you'd like. Last year was a mess so it's hard to critique anyone that hard, 2020 was just bonkers in many ways - health, continuity, logistics ... This is the year they want to put a stamp on their college careers. Guys like Ridder, Rattler, Howell, Daniels and a few others don't want to be back next fall. They want to put a stamp on it. So if we're lucky we might see it come together for a few of these prospects and witness their best years to date.
I see a lot of talented clay to mold in the first 2 or 3 tiers (1, 2A & B). Potential is there for a deep class. We'll see how it plays out.

How I graded the position ... Try to remember I don't "rank" prospects against each other. They go through a scale and I just let the #'s fall into place. I try to take my personal bias out of it as much as possible. Try to adapt and evolve. Not easy.
Screenshot_2021-05-23-13-35-36~2.pngScreenshot_2021-05-23-13-36-01~2.png
Screenshot_2021-05-23-13-36-07~2.png
Screenshot_2021-05-23-13-36-41~2.png
Screenshot_2021-05-23-13-35-27~2.png

Tier 1
Sam Howell - 6'1/225 - North Carolina

Carson Strong - 6'4/215 - Nevada

Spencer Rattler - 6'1/205 - Oklahoma

Desmond Ridder -6'4/215 - Cincinnati

J.T. Daniels - 6'3/210 - Georgia

Malik Willis - 6'1/215 - Liberty

Tier 2A
Phil Jurkovec - 6'5/225 - Boston College

Jayden Daniels - 6'3/185 - ASU

Kedon Slovis - 6'2/200 - USC

Michael Penix - 6'3/220 - Indiana

Grant Wells - 6'2/210 - Marshall

Grayson McCall - 6'3/200 - Coastal Carolina

Kenny Pickett - 6'2/220 - Pittsburgh

Tier 2B
Matt Corral - 6'1/205 - Ole Miss

Anthony Russo 6'4/240 - MSU

Brock Purdy - 6'1/210 - Iowa St

Sam Hartman - 6'1/215 - Wake Forest

Jack Coan - 6'3/220 - Notre Dame

Layne Hatcher - 6'/210 - Arkansas St

Bailey Zappe - 6'2/215 - Western Kentucky

Malik Cunningham - 6'1/200 - Louisville

D'Eriq King - 5'10/205 - Miami

Dorian Thompson-Robinson - 6'1/200 - UCLA

Ryan Hilinski - 6'3/225 - Northwestern

Dillon Gabriel - 6'/185 - UCF

Dustin Crum - 6'3/210 - Kent St

Tier 3
Drew Plitt - 6'2/220 - Ball St

Spencer Sanders - 6'1/205 - Oklahoma

Chase Garbers - 6'2/225 - California

Levi Lewis - 5'10/185 - UL-Lafayette

Jarret Doege - 6'2/210 - West Virginia / 6'2", 208

Max Duggan - 6'2/200 - TCU

Clayton Tune - 6'3/235 -Houston

Holton Ahlers - 6'3/235 - Eastern Carolina

Jack Abraham - 6'/210 - Miss St

Bo Nix - 6'2/215 - Auburn

Tanner Morgan - 6'2/215 - Minnesota

Charlie Brewer - 6'1/210 - Utah

Tier 4
Jarrett Guarantano - 6'4/230 - Washington St

Hendon Hooker - 6'4/220 -Tennessee

Jake Bentley - 6'4/220 - Southern Alabama

Kaleb Eleby - 6'1/215 - Western Michigan

Preston Hutchinson - 6'2/205 - Eastern Michigan

Brett Gabbert - 6'/205 - Miami (OH)

Cornelius Brown - 6'5/200 - Georgia St

Jake Haener - 6'1/195 - Fresno St

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
While there is no one in this class even remotely close to the stature of Lawrence, I think Howell has a chance to be very special!

long distance

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Hopefully we're just looking and not buying for the next 10 years. That's no fun.

I hope they draft one at least every other year as they did the last 20 yrs no matter the situation - its just the value thing.
If Mac takes over by next Draft and Stidham is still not trusted as backup than backup QB from 3rd on could be in play.
And this looks like just the class to do it - maybe not strong at the top level but deep in middle.
Of course i was wrong about dipping in this yrs great OL class so will have no expectations here :)

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
Slovis of usc reminds me of Jones the year before last. But I doubt slovis can make the same type jump next season that Jones made this last season,

rattler has a chance to be very special, go first overall snd he adds the mobile dimension. He is someone to keep an eye on next season.

scott99

Slovis of usc reminds me of Jones the year before last. But I doubt slovis can make the same type jump next season that Jones made this last season,

rattler has a chance to be very special, go first overall snd he adds the mobile dimension. He is someone to keep an eye on next season.
There’s no doubt, someone will make that big jump in 2022. But how many will throw for a 77.0 completion percentage (an NCAA record by Jones), how many will throw for 4,000 yards and 40+ TD passes. I know it’s not all about stats, but Jones had a legendary season last year, and he still was the 5th QB picked. That tells you all you need to know about the 2021 QB class. Rattler could be the #1 overall pick, but I don’t think he’s gonna be as good as Jones. I don’t think anyone in that 2022 class will be.

patsfanfromoversea

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner

Here are PFF Tiers for the FBS QB's. Interesting here is the ranking of Desmond Ridder at spot 40 in the third tier i believe called "the good, not great". malik Willis also ranked at 19 even tough on quit a few big boards/simulators he is listed in the first rd.

scott99

Here are PFF Tiers for the FBS QB's. Interesting here is the ranking of Desmond Ridder at spot 40 in the third tier i believe called "the good, not great". malik Willis also ranked at 19 even tough on quit a few big boards/simulators he is listed in the first rd.
I was thinking Ridder was gonna come out in the 2021 draft. Was looking at him as a 2nd round pick for the Pats if they chose a different position besides QB in the 2021 first round. I actually think it was a smart move by him to go back for his senior year in 2021 in a weaker QB class.

patsfanfromoversea

2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I was thinking Ridder was gonna come out in the 2021 draft. Was looking at him as a 2nd round pick for the Pats if they chose a different position besides QB in the 2021 first round. I actually think it was a smart move by him to go back for his senior year in 2021 in a weaker QB class.
Yeah I remember his name popped up in several draft threads regarding the qb‘s we could target. It will be exciting how he performs this season. It could help his draft stock agree. There are several other potential qb who could rise. Willis, Strong Coral as well etc.

Scotty

Guys.....I have read an article on a sports blogger channel about a QB who plays for Virginia Cavaliers .....Brennan Armstrong (Junior) who has 3846 yards , 34 touchdowns in 9 games (ESPN quotes different stats). I think the team is in the ACC college division. The player maybe a flash in the pan but is he a name to keep track of ???

Apologies if I have the facts wrong !!