PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 IDL/PTP Thread

6"5/320 with 36" arms

I brought him up a while back. He was surrounded by future nfl defensive linemen and somewhat overlooked, but his tape as a run stuffer is pretty good. He needs to get the pads lower, get stronger and heavier and anchor better, but after a red shirt year, he could be a desperately needed improvement over guy, who has next to nothing left in the tank.

Have you seen McCall from kentucky I believe on some 1 vs 1 reps ? He is a NT as well and did really well

In the bowl game I thought he handled center lindbaum of iowa 1on 1 with relative ease.

in the game against Georgia, he got pushed around and looked pathetic. (Worse than a jets fan taking the Mensa test.)

One thing bb is exceptional at is putting players in the perfect position to succeed. If we draft this kid in the sixth round, I am 100 percent positive that bb will simplify his game to the “a” gap and turn him into a solid rotational piece of our defensive line.

Ridgeway at Arkansas (the Captain recommendation) looks great to me. Penetrates, does not get pushed around, throws guys aside, runs well pursuing, etc. He is in the Level 2 list. Why is that? What do I not understand? Why is he not a Level 1 guy?

Ridgeway at Arkansas (the Captain recommendation) looks great to me. Penetrates, does not get pushed around, throws guys aside, runs well pursuing, etc. He is in the Level 2 list. Why is that? What do I not understand? Why is he not a Level 1 guy?
Tier two is still pretty high. He's just not a round 1-2 prospect imo.

It's too late for detail but consistency, consistency that ties into pad level. Hit or miss. Footwork against doubles is hit or miss. So is his hands to disengage. Loses his ground as he tries to reset the los he needs to get stronger all around imo. Not particularly quick off the ball. Love his motor and toughness but he's a round 4-5 guy for me unless he blows up his testing which I'd be a little surprised to see.

According to Lazar Travis Jones is doing very well at the Senior Bowl practices

Knowing we need a big body in the middle, here is name I've been seeing more of: Any thoughts?

If we could land him our run defense would look so much better , he would be a great value in the second and fit as well as need

Knowing we need a big body in the middle, here is name I've been seeing more of: Any thoughts?

From another thread Travis Jones is a kid I've had my eye for a few years. Local guy. Excels against the run. Resetting the line. Head and eyes are always up, looking in the backfield. Seems to know what type of run is coming and heads that way before others. Can handle doubles but could be Smooth fluid movements doesn't look stiff moving around at all. Plus anchor / base and lower half strength.

Very good all around run defender. He could improve some footwork and awareness while getting doubled but he can handle himself just fine. Balance could improve a little while on the move. I could have him be more aggressive overall but that's me. Very strong upper and lower half. Really good hand placement and activity. Plays his gap and secondary gap with ease. Can cause a pile up head on or cross face to make a play somewhere else. Very good backside defender. Like Davis not much of a rusher but good bull rush.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back