PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pats Big Board - Draft Thread

I really think the 49ers would be making an awful mistake taking jones over fields. I just don’t see it. I can’t imagine they traded up to 3 for Mac Jones.

I don’t wish failure on anyone It is my guess that KS won’t be the coach within 5 years if Mac is the pick. Fields is too good of a fit. Of course this is all assuming Wilson goes second

I really think the 49ers would be making an awful mistake taking jones over fields. I just don’t see it. I can’t imagine they traded up to 3 for Mac Jones.

I don’t wish failure on anyone It is my guess that KS won’t be the coach within 5 years if Mac is the pick. Fields is too good of a fit. Of course this is all assuming Wilson goes second

I think jones is better than Fields. Just hope Fields is drafted by the niners. Not a fan.

5 years is a very long time in this league.

Lombardi reads definitions of what they were looking for in QB in CLE w BB (from 6:30)
(this is different and more in depth than the Jeremiah photo of BB notes)

Lombardi reads definitions of what they were looking for in QB in CLE w BB (from 6:30)
(this is different and more in depth than the Jeremiah photo of BB notes)

Good stuff even if I'm rolling my eyes half the time lol. Love listening to shop talk but I serious hope we're more flexible today. None of these young kids are checking the 45 boxes he listed.

Also it's abundantly clear Mike loves Jones. I'm just now digging in to who loves who and why but he's been slurping on Jones this whole time.

Good stuff he does go in depth, always like hearing that stuff.

This will be a tough Draft. So many players have better 2019 tapes than 2020 (not to mention half of them not even playing or barely)

Was just watching Wyatt Davis closer . 2020 looks borderline draftable and in 2019 you can see glimpses of potential NFL starter.
Do not envy the scouts this yr one bit.

Was not following the process last yr so i went back to see Onwenu in 2019. Few notes:
- he looks better than most IOLs this yr (that are not listed at tackle)
- watching them side by side can't understand how the league takes Ruiz at #24 and Onwenu at #182
- yes raw, not too athletic but def w NFL strength & power and above all understanding/feel for the game
- his athletic transformation from 2019 to 2020 is incredible. you can hardly see his long arms in college and they show up immediately in NFL . not to mention his movement etc. coaches certainly did a great job.

Last edited:
The first two rounds of this draft look really strong.

wtf is your problem?

i was taken back the other day when you jumped all over me with insults, etc.. wondering wtf that was all about, so just dropped it and moved on, especially after reading several of your recent posts, which include verbal insult barrages towards other posters as well

Then you come to a thread where we're people who are interested in the upcoming draft, amateurs and enthusiasts alike, to learn about and figure out this crazy draft process... and you again come to s*** on one of my comments that is merely pointing out patterns im seeing when doing tons and tons of mocks using multiple sources, rankings etc..

no one knows whats going to happen during the draft, outside of maybe the top 10-15 picks

you seem like a real straight shooter there, big guy. Your **** is getting pretty old, pretty quick tho

Tell you what, since you seem to be so f***ing sure of yourself, why don't you give us your mock draft right now of where all the players will go... so we can laugh at it like you do to others, for no apparent reason whatsoever
Other than my mock draft, which is available for $1,500 per copy, there really isn’t a definitive mock draft out there. And unfortunately even I only hit at 93.8% accuracy for the full 7 rounds.

* For those interested it will be published in early May, as always.

This will be a tough Draft. So many players have better 2019 tapes than 2020 (not to mention half of them not even playing or barely)

Was just watching Wyatt Davis closer . 2020 looks borderline draftable and in 2019 you can see glimpses of potential NFL starter.
Do not envy the scouts this yr one bit.

Was not following the process last yr so i went back to see Onwenu in 2019. Few notes:
- he looks better than most IOLs this yr (that are not listed at tackle)
- watching them side by side can't understand how the league takes Ruiz at #24 and Onwenu at #182
- yes raw, not too athletic but def w NFL strength & power and above all understanding/feel for the game
- his athletic transformation from 2019 to 2020 is incredible. you can hardly see his long arms in college and they show up immediately in NFL . not to mention his movement etc. coaches certainly did a great job.
Agreed 2020 isn't a throw away year but context is needed in the worst way. 99% of teams and players weren't ready or prepared. Either mentally or physically, most just weren't there.

I don't think one can appreciate how hard player evaluation is until you do it for at least 3-4 years. Its overwhelming if you're not careful. I don't know who's the best but I doubt anyone is an expert. For sure there are some who are just better than others. Mostly you just have people who are more consistent. I'd guess batting around 35-40% would be considered really good?

Mind if I pay via NoWayPal? :rofl:
No problem looking forward to it. And for an additional $2,500 you can get your copy of my must see analysis WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE, which details how every GM once again completely sucked at their job, and what I would have done better. Get your copy next w, they fly off the shelf.

Agreed 2020 isn't a throw away year but context is needed in the worst way. 99% of teams and players weren't ready or prepared. Either mentally or physically, most just weren't there.

I don't think one can appreciate how hard player evaluation is until you do it for at least 3-4 years. Its overwhelming if you're not careful. I don't know who's the best but I doubt anyone is an expert. For sure there are some who are just better than others. Mostly you just have people who are more consistent. I'd guess batting around 35-40% would be considered really good?

I actually know who is the best, but my humility keeps me from saying it.

This is the reason why you simply Cannot mortgage your future high draft picks in order to move up this year for Any QB not named Trevor Lawrence.

Very nice release package with little wasted movements. One too many steps at times but he's a got a variety to choose from. At times he puts together some really nice stuff together, patience really sticks out. Does a great job at marrying his stem off release. Very quick in/out of his breaks - off his plant, does solid work at the top of the route. One thing that stands out about Bateman is his ability to do things at full speed. Release, route, catching in stride. Acceleration isn't great but good enough with pretty decent long speed. He won't make a bunch of guys miss but more than capable of juking his man and getting some yac. Isn't physical enough early on the route, off the line. Can make tough catches but too often overly physical CB's will leave a mark. Could be a little more physical overall. Esp off the line. Very good ball tracker that runs great in-breaking routes. Very tough to cover space.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back