Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do we even want playoff home advantage considering we are perfect 5-0 away a below avg 3-4 at home?

• yes

Votes: 27 96.4%
  • no

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

marwin2510

Rookie
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Do we even want playoff home advantage considering we are perfect 5-0 away a below avg 3-4 at home?

Last year Tom won SB and I did not hear any Tompa fans complaining about not having playoff home games.

Home field advantage = bye week, which is objectively good. Also, if you're away, there's a good chance the home team (being the higher seed) is one of the stronger playoff teams.

What happened last year was notable because it doesn't happen often.

Last year Tom won SB and I did not hear any Tompa fans complaining about not having playoff home games.
The combined winning percentage of the teams the Pats have played this year on the road is .375

That won't happen in the playoffs. Gimme all home playoff games.

First of all you always want the bye and hfa.

second, They simply had more home games when they were playing poor and more road games when playing well. If the tb/dal/no games early on when we were still finding our identity were on the road would they have won those then? And then lost to la, Houston and atlanta if at home? Thats crazy

The fact that they're 5-0 on the road gives me some confidence that they'll be ready to go and have a good chance to win if they have to travel in the postseason. But you always want home field. I think people are conflating correlation with causation too much with this theory.

Better if we play away games in playoffs?​

5vyzt7.gif

Why play 4 when you can play 3? That being said, 4 games to glory sounds kinda cool.

No, have you seen how well the Pats have played at home lately? Losing at home early on in the year was more to do with the opponents we faced and the fact that the team hadn't found its groove. Playing at home is always better

Pats road playoff record is 3-4 under Bill.

So....no thanks.

Reactions: sb1
One.Game.At.A.Time.

Still 5 games to play...with 3 of them being on the road.

Ideally, I want a BYE every time....more than I want HFA. Not having to play one extra playoff game is a huge advantage that puts us in the top 8 without taking a snap...and only needing ONE HOME WIN to get to the final 4.

Still...let's take it one game at a time. Come MNF...we could get ripped by Allen/Diggs going off for 300 yards/4 TD's...then lick our wounds for a long 2 weeks before dropping an ugly game in Indy.....then we will HAVE TO WIN against the Bills at Gillette to just remain in the playoff race....then take care of the Jags...then worry about Miami knocking us out of the post-season.

At this point, only the Jets, Jaguars, and Texans are eliminated from the AFC playoffs....and these teams have beaten teams like the Titans, Bengals, and Bills.

Miami is below .500, but not far from the #7 seed...especially if they can get back to 7-7 with the Gmen, the Jete, and the Saints in the next 3 games.

Other than that EVERYBODY is .500 or better in the AFC with 11/12 games in the books! The entire conference is only separated by 2.5 games between Baltimore and Pittsburgh...with 5/6 more games to go!!! Still 33% of the season remaining before the playoffs!

Someone asked this same question last week. The question is no less stupid today than it was last week.

Winning on the road is a sign of a team that is well disciplined. Winning at home is expected. Doing both gets you closer to the first round bye and homefiekd throughout the playoffs. This question is insane.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back