PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Back in the AFC East?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want a simple method to see who you think is the better back? Just ask yourself if you would trade one for the other. So MaGahee is a better back than Maroney? You would trade Maroney for MaGahee straight up?

I wouldn't. I think Maroney is the better back.

I would trade Maroney for Brown, though, and if I had Leon Washington I'd trade for any of the other three.

So I guess for me the original poster's list was dead on.
yea according to you maybe ahahhaah

thats an unfair question, the trade between maroney and MaGahee, who is the better back? MaGahee, but would anyone trade heads up for him? hell no, not with the abiltiy and future Maroney compared to MaGahee with ihs injuries and current age

lets be real guys..Maroney has 1 year under his belt

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Willis McGahee
3. Laurence Maroney
4. Barlow/Washington

1 and 2 are pretty close

Thank you voice of reason.

You want a simple method to see who you think is the better back? Just ask yourself if you would trade one for the other. So MaGahee is a better back than Maroney? You would trade Maroney for MaGahee straight up?

I would trade Maroney for Brown, though, and if I had Leon Washington I'd trade for any of the other three.

i agree with 1 point you made. the original poster's list was dead.

that all depends on their ceiling (potential)

imo Maroney has the best tools of the RBs..but as of production so far and what we've seen..i would take the safer option as of now. my favorite out of all 3 is Maroney but he isnt better than any top 15 RB YET

Kevin Faulk

Last Year:
1 mcgahee
2 ronnie brown
3 dillon
4 maroney
5 leon washington

Next Year:
1 Ronnie Brown
2 Maroney
3 Mcgahee

Year After That:
1 Maroney
2 Brown
3 McGahee

Last edited:
1. Saban was an idiot.
2. The Oline is bad and Brown woul dhave gotten killed. He got beat up pretty good this year.
3. Saban was an idiot.

I am not too worrieb about YPC when the Olines are so bad. That will fix itself for both players with some new additions.

If Cameron can get the focus off of Culpepper/Harrington and put it on Brown/Rickey and have a run first type offense then the Phins could be very competitive. The do have some solid offensive players who nobody has used correclty.

You're exactly right. The strength of this offense is in the running backs and also in their pass catching ability. In 2005, Chambers was finally utilized correctly by then offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and you saw better results.

I to would vote for Ronnie at this point slightly over Willis as the best back in the division. I think after 2007 it will be Maroney nipping at Brown's heels for the top spot but I still would give it to Brown. I see Maroney going over 1000 yards but I think Brown will be around a 1200 yard back (splitting carries possibly.)

imho Maroney will have a very good 2007 season

today's , imho, R. Brown seems to be the best one

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results