PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best 3 Year Run Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the seasons didn't end quite so well, but I'd have expected his numbers from 2010-2012 to be the best statistical stretch he's had.
a few Gronk injuries cost us even more Lombardi's 2010-13... At least one I have to think.

a few Gronk injuries cost us even more Lonbardi's 10-13... At least one I have to think.

2010 wasn't Gronk's fault, the whole team failed to show up to a home playoff game.

2011 was arguable, but it was really the defense that blew the Super Bowl (and understandably, considering Slater and Edelman played extensive DB snaps that year).

I blame the 2012 debacle entirely on Talib's mid-game injury, as well as a possible deal between Joe Flacco and the devil.

If I recall correctly, pretty much everyone was injured in 2013, so it's hard to say Gronk was the difference. That team wasn't exactly championship caliber IMO.

I think if we can attribute one disappointing season to one player's injury, I'd actually point to Edelman in 2015. The offense was utterly dominant until he went down, even in the absence of Gronk, and suddenly plummeted to 2013 levels of ineptitude after.

I've seen some pundits say lately that Gronk, while dominant and one of the best players in the league, isn't essential for this team to win. I tend to agree, all seasons considered individually.

Pats run has nothing on Harlem Globetrotters....

Actually the 12-14 numbers are better if you account for the stolen 4 games.
Per 16, as Andy showed above its more yards less ints and only a few meaningless Tds in blowouts off.
besides 07-10 is 4 years.

More importantly how does a patriot fan ignore the playoffs? To me the reason these 3 are the best ever IS his play in the postseason.

Look at those numbers. Against the best in the league his 8 games, expressed as a full season, or doubled, are far better than anyone has ever done against regular season competition. That's unheard of.

but only 3 seasons for Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand