PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bengals resting starters

A bit OT but since it's a bungles thread

Thank You Bungles

ac39f2dc29a96b2813727608bbcd131b.png

bd2f1122ea8f8d5662062073a6c1f59e.png

If we win a division we have the top seed. Buffalo actually has no shot at the number one seed but we did because of our conference record and the fact that we beat Tennessee. It was all set up for the playoffs to go through Foxboro.
I know, I get that. And I said I am really upset about the fact we aren’t the one seed.
But I’m saying, assuming that we didn’t get the one seed, the sheer fact that we’re not the division winner isn’t as big of a deal.

I know, I get that. And I said I am really upset about the fact we aren’t the one seed.
But I’m saying, assuming that we didn’t get the one seed, the sheer fact that we’re not the division winner isn’t as big of a deal.

He's just sad that Tommy left and his world fell apart...

A home playoff game is always a big deal. Then of course if there is an upset you get a second home game. In other words the path to the super bowl is easier.

A home playoff game is always a big deal. Then of course if there is an upset you get a second home game. In other words the path to the super bowl is easier.
Yeah, my point is that this year it’s not as big of a deal as in many previous years.
1. Home field advantage has diminished in the NFL, as evidenced by winning % of road teams and by the smaller swings in point spreads for home fields.
2. The difference in opponent difficulty between say the 3 seed and 6 seed isn’t as significant this year as many years in the past.

Yeah, my point is that this year it’s not as big of a deal as in many previous years.
1. Home field advantage has diminished in the NFL, as evidenced by winning % of road teams and by the smaller swings in point spreads for home fields.
2. The difference in opponent difficulty between say the 3 seed and 6 seed isn’t as significant this year as many years in the past.
I think it depends on the home field. The Patriots have a HUGE advantage playing at home due to the weather. KC does as well given their crazy crowd and atmosphere. Pitt is another team that has a great home field advantage. I know this year we have struggled at home because of the quality of opponents we have played BUT you still want that game at home IMO especially for the Patriots.

On the Road Again. Get Mac more big game NFL experience.

So the mediots are saying the Bengals WANT the Patriots and are resting starters on purpose. LOL.
What do you guys think? I guess I can see it because they probably don't have any fear of Mac and the O.

team has played their better ball on the road though.
Almost a us against the world mentality to rally and bring the team together and focus.
From a long term development standpoint there are a lot of positives in getting road playoff experience - especially as a young team. Regardless of outcome you have to experience all the negative aspects - crowd noise, referee sway, travel, etc.

While in the moment not optimal, it's a great motivator for those youngsters 1) to focus on a fast start to take the crowd out of the game 2) in the future to use it as "practice and preparation result in not having to play away playoff games".

I think it depends on the home field. The Patriots have a HUGE advantage playing at home due to the weather. KC does as well given their crazy crowd and atmosphere. Pitt is another team that has a great home field advantage. I know this year we have struggled at home because of the quality of opponents we have played BUT you still want that game at home IMO especially for the Patriots.
Yeah I mean I’d certainly feel a lot better playing the chiefs at Gillette than arrowhead. It’s true. Getting the one seed would have been super nice.
I feel like our opponents (bills, chiefs, titans, colts, bengals) do just fine in cold weather, though.

Sure but I would have much rathered the Bills with Allen most likely throwing us a couple of picks. Burrow is just like Brady.

Now Burrow is Brady?!?! Come on!

So the mediots are saying the Bengals WANT the Patriots and are resting starters on purpose. LOL.
What do you guys think? I guess I can see it because they probably don't have any fear of Mac and the O.
Karma is a you know what. Zac Taylor won’t sleep for a month after that game, he won’t know what hit him. He can cry some more.

I seem to be in the minority here thinking I’d rather play the Bengals than the Bills. But yeah, I like our chances better against the Bengals.
Nah I agree. Bills in Buffalo in good whether is probably the second toughest match up we have besides the Colts. Titans will also be tough if Henry and Brown are back.

Ironically I think I'd probably most want to play the Chiefs of all the divsion winners. They've only beat up on bad teams or teams with a glaring hole when they played them and are not as dominant in years past. We have typically been a tough defensive match up for them and I could see us grinding out a game. We struggle more with teams that can keep their foot on the gas and force us to play aggressive because the coaching staff has proved over and over that they will try to play a run heavy clock management style game as long as possible until they are completely forced out of it, and by that point we are usually in a hole and are asking alot of a young offense anyways.

We just pissed away the top seed and the division. So frustrating.
I don't think we pissed it away. We lost to two better teams that probably should have been favored over us. To be totally honest we got a break playing Buffalo which is a big past first team in horrible whether, having them play the Bucs with Brady who has their number the following week, on top of the most embarrassing lost of the season against the Jags. We were only even up in the division due several fortunate circumstances against Buffalo that helped us.

The reality is, this team is merely above average and not really a power house. If we are being honest, this is kind of weak year in the AFC where the race has been wide open and we still couldn't do it even with a few breaks our way. For a team trying to get back to the top we made good progress. Maybe Bill will work some playoff magic, but the most realistic scenario that there are too many bonafide contendors to get through that can out talent us to too good of a degree

Yeah I mean I’d certainly feel a lot better playing the chiefs at Gillette than arrowhead. It’s true. Getting the one seed would have been super nice.
I feel like our opponents (bills, chiefs, titans, colts, bengals) do just fine in cold weather, though.
Depends. Titans have Henry, Colts have Taylor, Bengals have Mixon and they can be upfront powerhouse runners. If there is bad weather it will hur the Chiefs and Bills who are more finesse passing teams and don't have guys that can run and compete with Harris and Stevenson.

Would like to see JC Jackson vs Ja'Marr Chase. Bengals are a hot team and a good test for this Patriots team.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back