PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ben Watson, Damien Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calling it.

Watson is gone.

Sounds like he will be activated despite the Belichick-esque talk points at the end.

EDIT: Guess it really was about retirement then. Nevermind.

Last edited:
The media misinformation never ceases to amaze me. These people follow the team for a living and still can't seem to keep up with things a fan can learn with a 20 minute daily perusal of a message board. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which hopped in the car and 98.5 was on the radio, listened to Felger and Mazz who were contending that Brady took the sacks so not to effect his QB rating or completion percentage.. Reason #1187 why I do not listen to those butt clowns...

How can that any sense at all..

If we don't retain Watson then the other shoe will drop as a trade would be in the works for a receiver or O Lineman.

Diggs Sanders make the most sense.

Doubtful anything will happen before the Browns game. Every week closer to the trade deadline is about 1M of saved cap space in terms of proration.

Speaking of which hopped in the car and 98.5 was on the radio, listened to Felger and Mazz who were contending that Brady took the sacks so not to effect his QB rating or completion percentage.. Reason #1187 why I do not listen to those butt clowns...

Man, I haven't listened to sports talk outside of one or two days of weakness since the Super Bowl, and I'd almost forgotten how absurd some of the conversation gets. Thank you for showing me so I don't feel tempted to go back again.

They have to clear a roster spot before activating him. I’m guessing that’s the holdup.

He may announce his retirement again?

Saving that $ for a trade?

Now, does "won't be activating" mean "we don't want him at all" or does it mean "we'll let him become a free agent and then sign him to a new, cheaper contract now, or later in the season"?

God those two morons love stirring the pot.

This doesn't make sense to me. Patriots need an upgrade at Tight End. What am I missing here?

Reiss reporting Watson will not be activated.

This doesn't make sense to me. Patriots need an upgrade at Tight End. What am I missing here?

It's possible he wouldn't be. He's no spring chicken, and it's not like he was tearing it up in preseason before he had to take his sabbatical. He's 38, it was never a guarantee. That said, let's see if this is a permanent thing or not, he could always end up back on the team later or with a new deal. But if he's cooked, it doesn't do us much good to replace Lacosse or Izzo just for the sake of it.

A very nostalgic disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore