PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick on the Miami Loss - we're not on to Pittsburgh

We would love to see K Bourne get as much or more snaps than Meyers and Parker.

Could it be like the team is low on confidence and he doesn't want them to regress any further. So a little bit of mollycoddling so that he doesn't lose the team. Maybe Bourne benching was a first part of it.
Bourne's benching did indeed factor into losing the game, as well as not having an OL coach and deciding to play without a starting quality backup OG.

Apparently, Belichick CHOSE
to bench Bourne
not to have a dedicated OL coach
not to sign or trade for a veteran backup OG (Hines in NOT the answer. Apparently, Belichick thinks that Ferentz is the answer).

Real happy that Pitts is coming off a Big win so they should be on some type high. If this Offense sucks against a Flores D it will be along season: can't stress how we NEED this win 17 points should get us a win.

100%. If the players are half as gassed over it as some of their fans are, im happy! Knowing the culture there im sure they think theyre the hot sh** right now

LOL hope so. We know our D looked like that was the story, if Mac isn't giving away 10 on turnovers.

For all we know it ends up a 41-38 game.

From my seat, I see a lot of nuanced coaching from him that I think a lot of people miss. Brady, Gronk, Edelman et al were here and he was grumpy, we can do better, all Johnny Foxboro and all that crap. He knew he could coach them hard because he knew what he had. Then Cam Newton comes in and he's lavish in his praise of the guy. Why? Perhaps because Newton needed to have the air pumped in his tires, to coin a phrase. He needed to tell him how good he was to build confidence. Maybe we have the same thing here. Perhaps this is still a giant reclamation project and he's not going to emasculate them because they need to build the swagger. Before... he could really ride 'em hard because they all knew they were the chit.

Coaches know.

not to sign or trade for a veteran backup OG (Hines in NOT the answer. Apparently, Belichick thinks that Ferentz is the answer).
From what I've heard from numerous people is that the team is high on Hines...might not be fully ready this year, but they expect "big" things from him. I think his future is bright.

Bill is still trying to convince everyone that the Patriots didn't actually lose on Sunday. He thinks "it was really a pretty even game"... 20-7??

Then Cam Newton comes in and he's lavish in his praise of the guy. Why? Perhaps because Newton needed to have the air pumped in his tires, to coin a phrase. He needed to tell him how good he was to build confidence.
Have you listened to Cam talk about himself? He does it nonstop... literally says "Cam" did this and that and so on. He has pumped so much air into his own tires that it's coming out his ears.

Who is this impostor? doesn't sounds like Belichick

We are onto Pittsburgh once the Kardashian reality tv show of Bourne and Patricia making nice is aired.

D-mn, this bs drama makes me miss **** Macpherson. Belichick has royally screwed his team’s coaching ranks with Patricia’s massive, double role.

Looks like his alienating in Detroit is continuing in Foxboro.

We are onto Pittsburgh once the Kardashian reality tv show of Bourne and Patricia making nice is aired.

D-mn, this bs drama makes me miss **** Macpherson. Belichick has royally screwed his team’s coaching ranks with Patricia’s massive, double role.

Looks like his alienating in Detroit is continuing in Foxboro.

"Kardashian reality tv show"
"damn this bs drama makes me sick"

You realize you're the one broadcasting the show, right? You're the one writing the tabloids. You are the source of the reality tv show drama.

Otherwise this is just a disagreement between an employer and an employee, that hopefully with some good-faith effort can be worked through. The reality TV, drama BS you reference, is in fact your own creation ... you are quite literally manifesting the thing you are complaining about by typing it into existence.

What's the expression about irony and a slap in the face?

100%. If the players are half as gassed over it as some of their fans are, im happy! Knowing the culture there im sure they think theyre the hot sh** right now
Flores won't let them, plus they lost Watt. They'll be ready.

Flores won't let them, plus they lost Watt. They'll be ready.

I can picture flores calmly talking to a player telling him to remain humble, then Tomlin slowly comes in between them with his upper body puffed out and chest bumps both of them

Sorry excluding the Blind homers like yourself. :rolleyes:
Remember, this is a Patriot fan site, most of the fans on here are rooting for this team. You know how that works sometimes though. :maybenot:

Remember, this is a Patriot fan site, most of the fans on here are rooting for this team. You know how that works sometimes though. :maybenot:
Ash: I was just responding to a snide response from a poster.

Have you listened to Cam talk about himself? He does it nonstop... literally says "Cam" did this and that and so on. He has pumped so much air into his own tires that it's coming out his ears.
Perhaps that is a façade he puts on for the media? I dunno, I hear ya though. I'm just looking at a possible explanation.

It almost puts a new gloss on that game... it was a definitive statement that there was NOTHING to learn from that game lol... best thing to do was be on to Cincinnatti. Over-interpreting I am sure.
Doesn't sound like there'll be another post-Miami ceremonial playbook burial in Foxborough this year

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back