PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard says there’s finally something for Belichick to harp on the defense about...what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Seriously, can someone tell me? I don’t subscribe to BSJ. Other than Jackson getting targeted by the refs, seemed like a pretty perfect performance.

Not sure. Haven’t read it, but my guess would be sealing the edge on runs. A couple of time bell outflanked them by faking up the guy then taking it out wider. Not jet sweep wide, but outflanking the ends wide. Maybe that’s it?

Bedard's Breakdown: There's finally something for Belichick to harp on the defense about, and it's perfect timing | Boston Sports Journal
The issue in this game, at times, was gap discipline. I dinged the Patriots for leaking in their gap integrity/setting the edge on nine plays. Those nine carries resulted in 66 yards, or 80.5 percent of the Jets’ rushing yardage (three missed tackles didn’t help either). For this group, that’s a bundle. I didn’t have them for more than three as a team in any one previous game.

Runs are right at the end of the 1st quarter and start of 2nd quarter.

This one trick will help 31 other NFL teams beat the patriots.....

....Brady retires.

Essentially he says that playing the bad teams has allowed the run discipline to slip a bit, particularly around gap coverage. He says the upcoming teams have very good running games compared to what the team has faced. But unlike the norm, he's optimistic (to the point of near certainty) that the team will just take care of it because of who they are playing.

You lost me at 'Bedard says'

“For this group, that’s a bundle”

What is Bedard selling, insurance?

Meh.

Bell had 15 carries for 70 yards
1 carry was 19 yards
1 carry was 11 yards (in the 4th when it was 33-0)
his 13 other carries went for 40 yards

run defense?

I may be slipping, but what the heck is the 'Loyko debacle'? o_O

Meh.

1 carry was 19 yards

And isn't he considered one of the best backs in the league? He supposed to be able to do something.

Lets see if this is the year he finally makes a statement about the entire Loyko debacle.

Bedard is going to get on that right after the World Series. Which World Series you ask? That’s to be determined.

This one trick will help 31 other NFL teams beat the patriots.....

....Brady retires.

This is incorrect. The Patriots defense scored more than the NYJ on Monday :D

Betard

Meh.

1 carry was 19 yards
Point of the article was just to say it’s not a big deal, easily correctable albeit forgettable mistakes that Belichick will harp on and that’s what makes him great. It wasn’t a “run game is in trouble!) article that some of you probably assume.

Lets see if this is the year he finally makes a statement about the entire Loyko debacle.

This reference whooshed right over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots