PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

Bedard says there’s finally something for Belichick to harp on the defense about...what is it?

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Dolphins
Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Seriously, can someone tell me? I don’t subscribe to BSJ. Other than Jackson getting targeted by the refs, seemed like a pretty perfect performance.

Wheelssps

Practice Squad Player
Not sure. Haven’t read it, but my guess would be sealing the edge on runs. A couple of time bell outflanked them by faking up the guy then taking it out wider. Not jet sweep wide, but outflanking the ends wide. Maybe that’s it?

IcyPatriot

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Bedard's Breakdown: There's finally something for Belichick to harp on the defense about, and it's perfect timing | Boston Sports Journal
The issue in this game, at times, was gap discipline. I dinged the Patriots for leaking in their gap integrity/setting the edge on nine plays. Those nine carries resulted in 66 yards, or 80.5 percent of the Jets’ rushing yardage (three missed tackles didn’t help either). For this group, that’s a bundle. I didn’t have them for more than three as a team in any one previous game.

Runs are right at the end of the 1st quarter and start of 2nd quarter.

nabwong

Vice President of Boycott NFL Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
This one trick will help 31 other NFL teams beat the patriots.....

....Brady retires.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Essentially he says that playing the bad teams has allowed the run discipline to slip a bit, particularly around gap coverage. He says the upcoming teams have very good running games compared to what the team has faced. But unlike the norm, he's optimistic (to the point of near certainty) that the team will just take care of it because of who they are playing.

Clonamery

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
“For this group, that’s a bundle”

What is Bedard selling, insurance?

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Meh.

Bell had 15 carries for 70 yards
1 carry was 19 yards
1 carry was 11 yards (in the 4th when it was 33-0)
his 13 other carries went for 40 yards

tasmlab

Starting QB, won 20 SBs, number is retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Meh.

1 carry was 19 yards

And isn't he considered one of the best backs in the league? He supposed to be able to do something.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Meh.

1 carry was 19 yards
Point of the article was just to say it’s not a big deal, easily correctable albeit forgettable mistakes that Belichick will harp on and that’s what makes him great. It wasn’t a “run game is in trouble!) article that some of you probably assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.