BB on WFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
www.wfan.com

nothing different but interesting considering BB doesnt give many interviews

Edit: towards the end joe wishes BB best of luck. BB responded "thanks i know it comes from the bottom of your heart as a jets fan" !
i think joe beningo and BB are good friends and he has hinted in the past

Last edited:
Joe Bennigo is one of BB's fav radio personalities..

He did leave the door open for Harrison to play..Maybe it's a ploy or maybe not.:eek:

Bennigo was actually "Joe from Saddle River" back when WFAN began, He used call in all the time and he clearly had more sports knowldge then the hosts back then, so much so that WFAN actually hired him and put him on midnights. Even back when I used to live in NYC, BB would regualrly come on Joe show (I can only assume that they taped it, or else BB was up at 3am). They have some sort of relationship, maybe from BB's Jets days.

I can only hope that WEEI takes a cue from WFAN and gives NEM his own show!

When I lived in NYC, I liked his show, as well. M & TMD are the best, but the other shows are pretty good, too. WFAN is in a league all by itself. WAY better than anything outside of PFW in Progress.

joe beningo seems far more knowledgeable than the WEEI folks..whatever little i heard of him

I like Beningo(sp?)used to listen to him on overnight radio when I worked night shifts,I could get the NY station then due to the wave bounce,he naturally is a Jets fan,but is very knowledgeable re football,and a character.I can tell by the way BB talks to him he likes the guy,and Beningo is always praising Belichick.When the Jets lose a few games,his rants are great(also usually accurate,IMO).

I like Beningo(sp?)used to listen to him on overnight radio when I worked night shifts,I could get the NY station then due to the wave bounce,he naturally is a Jets fan,but is very knowledgeable re football,and a character.I can tell by the way BB talks to him he likes the guy,and Beningo is always praising Belichick.When the Jets lose a few games,his rants are great(also usually accurate,IMO).

Once the sun goes down, I can get WFAN down here in Savannah!

I couldn't believe it, I was sitting in the car one night and running threw the dial and in came in clear as day!

When I lived in NYC, I liked his show, as well. M & TMD are the best, but the other shows are pretty good, too. WFAN is in a league all by itself. WAY better than anything outside of PFW in Progress.

No one is better than Steve Somers, the schmooze.

www.wfan.com

nothing different but interesting considering BB doesnt give many interviews

Edit: towards the end joe wishes BB best of luck. BB responded "thanks i know it comes from the bottom of your heart as a jets fan" !
i think joe beningo and BB are good friends and he has hinted in the past

I listen to the FAN quite a bit since I can't (probably luckily) get the Boston stations and used to listen to Benigno when he was on overnights (don't get a chance to listen to him in his new slot). He's a rabid, defeatist Jest fan and his rants following yet another crushing Jest loss were priceless!

There was no love lost between Joe and BB after BB saw the light and headed to Foxboro, but they certainly seem to have patched things up over the past few years. Probably because they both hate Francessa.

There was no love lost between Joe and BB after BB saw the light and headed to Foxboro, but they certainly seem to have patched things up over the past few years. Probably because they both hate Francessa.
I know, Francessa hates Belichick, always taking shots at him. I thought it was because of the Parcells thing, because Francessa and Parcells are friends. But since Belichick and Parcells have I think made up, I guess it's something else.

I know, Francessa hates Belichick, always taking shots at him. I thought it was because of the Parcells thing, because Francessa and Parcells are friends. But since Belichick and Parcells have I think made up, I guess it's something else.

You are absolutely right, I remember the infamous BB Jet resignation on the ****tail napkin day, when Francessa obviously in the know, said that BB was going to the Pats, and that he didn't know what kind of line that Bob Kraft had sold him, but that he would never be able to build a winner up in New England!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA

I get WFAN here in western mass. Been listening since I moved out here from Haverhill 15 years ago. For the most part a good station. Francessa hates Kraft and BB but he loves Brady. He also is appreciative of what the team has accomplished and respects that. He held his nose and picked the Pats last week and again this week but openly admits he hopes he's wrong.

If anyone is interested you can listen live from their website.

http://www.wfan.com/

I get WFAN here in western mass. Been listening since I moved out here from Haverhill 15 years ago. For the most part a good station. Francessa hates Kraft and BB but he loves Brady. He also is appreciative of what the team has accomplished and respects that. He held his nose and picked the Pats last week and again this week but openly admits he hopes he's wrong.

If anyone is interested you can listen live from their website.

http://www.wfan.com/
Yeah, Francessa may not like Belichick, but he does praise Belichick as being a great coach. He also will say that he and Belichick don't get along when he rips him for something, so at least the audience knows that he might have a bias.

Bennigo was actually "Joe from Saddle River" back when WFAN began, He used call in all the time and he clearly had more sports knowldge then the hosts back then, so much so that WFAN actually hired him and put him on midnights. Even back when I used to live in NYC, BB would regualrly come on Joe show (I can only assume that they taped it, or else BB was up at 3am). They have some sort of relationship, maybe from BB's Jets days.

I can only hope that WEEI takes a cue from WFAN and gives NEM his own show!

I don't think WEEI wants a show called "charlie weiss and josh mcdaniel suck":singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes