Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is your draft grade for the Cole Strange Pick in Round 1?

• A

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • B

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • C

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • D

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Here's a collection of reactions around the media world in response to the Patriots bizarre selection of Cole Strange on Day 1 of the 2022 draft. These folks put it into words a lot better than I ever could.

Video 1 - Evan Lazar and John Zannis reaction:

Video 2 - Pro Football Focus reaction:

Video 3 - Chat Sports reaction [Earns their worst pick grade]:

Video 4 - NBC Sports Boston reaction:

So it's possible that as BB's devote cadres of defenders suggest - he's playing chess and the rest of the NFL is playing checkers when it comes to the draft. But if you look at the Patriots dearth of incoming talent over the past decade, 2021 Mac Jones BOOM draft except and praised, the rest of the picture doesn't looks so good. You see a coach who is getting sabotaged by the GM who is ironically the same person.

Fact is BB is getting ROASTED for his selection of Cole Strange, because it was a huge reach, and he was probably the only person in the room who felt that Cole Strange was about to be SNATCHED UP... VERY SOON!!! Must ACT NOW or miss out on Cole Strange! But you know the BB Disciples will continue to defend this pick to their dying breath or until this pick finally turns into N'Keal Harry 2.0. But 4 years later it's gonna be a little too late to fix things won't it?

Last edited:
Who F'in cares. Seriously. The fact your putting so much energy into the click bait would be hilarious if it wasn't so pitiful..

yes, they are getting roasted and laughed at. Yes, it was a reach and he most likely would have been there in the 2nd or 3rd round. What i will say regardless of where he was selected, Cole Strange is a beast at G and will be our starting LG for years to come. He is a mauler and has a nasty streak. 5 years from now everyone will forget where he was drafted and just comment on what a stud he is. He fills a HUGE need and solidifies our OLine. The trade of picks in itself was genius. Traded down and picked up 2 other day 2 picks. BB has 10 picks left so lets see how this weekend plays out and see what we end up with since there is still a bunch of talent on the big board.

I see this like I did with Duggers. I and everyone else was like "WTF BB"? Turns out BB was right and even though it was a reach pick, Duggers is a pretty damn good player for us.

They deserve to get roasted. Strange has potential to be a good player for them. In fact, he was someone I thought they should target in round 3 or round 4. I even could have lived with him at 54. However, this is such bad value at 29 it’s absurd. It’s like they panicked after Johnson and Green went in the top 20. It’s inexcusable and I’m typically one of those BB Pollyannas when it comes to personnel moves.

There once was a poster named VJCPatriot. That guy sucks.

- The End

yes, they are getting roasted and laughed at. Yes, it was a reach and he most likely would have been there in the 2nd or 3rd round. What i will say regardless of where he was selected, Cole Strange is a beast at G and will be our starting LG for years to come. He is a mauler and has a nasty streak. 5 years from now everyone will forget where he was drafted and just comment on what a stud he is. He fills a HUGE need and solidifies our OLine. The trade of picks in itself was genius. Traded down and picked up 2 other day 2 picks. BB has 10 picks left so lets see how this weekend plays out and see what we end up with since there is still a bunch of talent on the big board.

I see this like I did with Duggers. I and everyone else was like "WTF BB"? Turns out BB was right and even though it was a reach pick, Duggers is a pretty damn good player for us.
Now imagine you got McDuffie or Karlaftis and than Strange in the 2nd...but Strange and a 4th round WR are better right? And a 3rd round pick to move up to get a 4th rounder in the 2nd. Just dumb.

Last edited:
Boston media that cover the team has THIS reaction...with Strange "highlights"...

Imagine attacking the messenger for delivering reports critical of Dear Leader... Sadder.
An insane move, deal Shaq Mason for a 5th. Replace him with this dude when your defense couldn’t force Buffaloto punt for 2 straight games. I’d have gone Johnson from FSU. Would have been ok with cb too.

Same clown show here is see. Oh well..

Sorry, you missed the clown show... It was held this past weekend at One Patriot Place...

But don't you worry your pretty little head over it... They'll be here next year too.

Sorry, you missed the clown show... It was held this past weekend at One Patriot Place...

But don't you worry your pretty little head over it... They'll be here next year too.
What do you mean? We get to see it first hand every time you post.

BTW, All you claiming that Strange woulda been there in the second have been proven WRONG. Just like you all claiming that Thornton was a 4th round pick. WRONG.

When you all realize that the "Round" that these Draftniks put on a player is just a silly wild-assed guess that you should take with a grain of salt, you'll be better off for it.

4 teams with a 1st round grade on Strange.
More than half the rest had at least a 2nd round grade.. But, yeah.. the draftnicks are to be believed.. SMH..

They deserve to get roasted. Strange has potential to be a good player for them. In fact, he was someone I thought they should target in round 3 or round 4. I even could have lived with him at 54. However, this is such bad value at 29 it’s absurd. It’s like they panicked after Johnson and Green went in the top 20. It’s inexcusable and I’m typically one of those BB Pollyannas when it comes to personnel moves.
Turns out after the season your words carry even more weight. Cole Strange was unquestionably a reach.

Home Alone Kevin GIF

Turns out after the season your words carry even more weight. Cole Strange was unquestionably a reach.

Yep... Meanwhile, DE George Karlaftis was 3rd among all rookies in sacks with 6.0, after Aiden Hutchinson & James Houston, taken 2nd & 217th overall respectively, both by Detroit, with Houston being the biggest surprise of them all considering his size.

Yep... Meanwhile, DE George Karlaftis was 3rd among all rookies in sacks with 6.0, after Aiden Hutchinson & James Houston, taken 2nd & 217th overall respectively, both by Detroit, with Houston being the biggest surprise of them all considering his size.

You have to love Strange's attitude and athleticism. Let's see how he does in Y2 with some physical training and technique training. I think he is going to be good. Very tough to jump from D2 to starting in the NFL and he did it (with a few bumps but that was expected).

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back